Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronizing time via NTP | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time

​Hi FR24-community

I'm a complete newb and want to get into using linux and uploading airplane traffic.

Unfortunately i got a little problem with running the fr24feeder. This forum says I wasn't allowed to include links within my first 3 forum postings due to spam-protection so I try to avoid it.
    What I did:

- Raspbi 4 with Raspbian fresh install
    - Connected by Ethernet LAN
    - Antenna used amazon de/gp/product/B01GDN1T4S/
    - installed dump1090-mutability following abcd567 instructions ( /forum/radar-forums/flightradar24-feeding-data-to-flightradar24/9949-how-to-install-dump1090-mutability_1-15~dev-on-rpi )
    - antenna and dump1090 seem to work
    - when trying to install fr24feed this way -> sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - repo feed flightradar24 com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" , it threw an error with gpg key servers and I switched the installation method to this (sudo wget repo-feed flightradar24 com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-3_armhf.deb
    sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.25-3_armhf.deb ) as mentioned by user "Khan" , that seemed to work

Feed status:
    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2020-05-01 20:33:06.
    [FAIL] FR24 Link: connecting ... failed!
    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (0 MSGS/0 SYNC).
    [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $
    What is probably a bit odd:
    - I registered with FR24 via console settings and can't yet login with that account to the website. Also wenn I ask for password recovery the Website says Email not recognized.
    - the numbers "aircraft tracked" and "aircraft uploaded" is 1 when there is a plane in sight as in the screenshot but a few minutes after it's 0 again, same goes for the "tracked aircraft list" on the webpanel

Then, when I try starting fr24feed there seems to be a problem with synchronizing the time. The output until i aborted it manually with ctrl+c twice can be found in the txt file attached.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I attached a few screenshots and an output from a testscript by user wiedehopf. ​

Please post output of following command:
    For privacy, when posting, replace fr24key value by xxxxxxxxxx
    Code:
    cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      Please post output of following command:
      Hi abcd567,

I posted this yesterday and was not able to delete or edit the posting because it had to be kind of unlocked. Probably because it was my first post. Sorted the problem out by myself by now - it was a setting in my router.
      the numbers "aircraft tracked" and "aircraft uploaded" is 1 when there is a plane in sight as in the screenshot but a few minutes after it's 0 again, same goes for the "tracked aircraft list" on the webpanel
      This behavior is still existent but probably wanted?

Also I purged dump1090-mutuality and replaced it with the current dump1090-fa and everything is running fine.
      Thanks for your great tutorials though abcd567.

Comment

The time synchronization problem is not due to dump1090.
        It is due to setting of fr24feed being receiver=avr-tcp, host 127.0.0.1:30002.
        It is often fixed by changing setting to receiver=beast-tcp, host 127.0.0.1:30005

It is just a coincidence that it disappeared when you changed dump1090, but it may reappear after some time, unless while changing dump1090 mut to fa, the settings of fr24feed were also changed to receiver=beast-tcp host 127.0.0.1:30005

Comment

Working...
        X