Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fr24 feeder on Win 10 VM problems or bugs ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fr24 feeder on Win 10 VM problems or bugs ??

Hi,

I have installed Dump1090 and FR24 on a Windows 10 machine running VM Virtualbox according to instructions in the beginning of thread "Feed options for depreciated windows feeder

".
    This gave me the EB version of Dump1090 and Linux/generic/i686/1.0.18-5 version of FR24feed,

It seems to be running well, I get the same range in local Dump1090 map/data as before, running on RPi.

But, I have 2 problems:

1. When a flight is approaching, I receive all data EXCEPT position for a long time (sometimes after 500-1000 msgs received as can be seen in DUMP1090). Is this info sent more seldom or?? any explanation why this happens?

2. In FR24 statistics webpage, I never see the MAXRANGE reported in Dump1090. Example, I followed one AC with steady reception up to 240 nm but at the end of the day, FR24 statistics showed only 199 nm. I know the UTC time difference can affect reporting but this was within the same 24hr window on that day.
    Are there any known bugs in this feeder ? Or any explation to this ??
    I think there are no upgrades that can be done for the software when running on 386 machine in a VM configuration??

Thanks in advance for any inputs on the above!Hi,

Working...
X