No announcement yet.

No planes found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you link stuff on amazon.co.uk when you're in Germany?

The tuner you have won't work properly for ADS-B.
    It's at the edge of the frequency range.
    The performances is EXTREMELY POOR!

I don't like using the DVB-T setting in fr24 .... i like to be able to look at logs and stuff.
    Try this: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...ion-for-readsb

Not that it will magically improve your tuner.

Anyhow ... if you really don't want to spend much, this will be much better than your current stick:

Setting those magnetic base antennas on a pot or a can (can/pot upside down) also helps with reception.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2020-04-04, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
      Not sure why that page was linked or which intent it had. I didn't link it.
      I linked that page and purpose was to show to Original Poster that his dongle "Cinergy XS DVBT-Stick" will not work, as on Welche Sticks? site it was listed under "Diese Sticks sind definitiv nicht kompatibel!"

Comment

Well the page also lists plenty of sticks with FC12/13 as compatible.
        That is .... not very helpful in regards to ADS-B reception.

Comment

This is fraud by seller.
          He listed the dongle ""RTL2832U + R820T2", but sent you dongle with Fitipower FC0012 tuner.

wrong dongle.png

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
            Well the page also lists plenty of sticks with FC12/13 as compatible.
            That is .... not very helpful in regards to ADS-B reception.
            You are right. I was concentrating about "Cinergy XS DVBT-Stick", and did not realize they have listed Fitipower as compatible. Sorry for that.

The right chipsets for ASDB is "RTL2832U + R820T2".
            Although JoM ordered right one (listed by seller as "RTL2832U + R820T2"), the seller sent him Fitipower one. He can return it and claim his money or they should send a replacement.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2020-04-05, 05:48.

Comment

Hey Guys,

first of all, thanks very much for your explanations and patience.
              I tried the github script from wiedehopf, it changed my settings to mode-s beast but it didnīt help,
              again the planes were just tracked but not uploaded. And it killed my other projects running on the
              raspberry, so I went back to a backup :-)

Now I have three options, I donīt care about the range, just want it working.

1. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. https://www.amazon.de/hz/wishlist/ls...?ref_=wl_share

3. https://shop.jetvision.de/epages/648...oducts%2F53196

Jo
              Last edited by JoM; 2020-04-05, 08:51.

Comment

The first one will work and is the cheapest and will arrive quickest i think

Sorry that it killed something else, that was not my intent!
                Can you elaborate what it interfered with?

Did you have a look at the local map if you could see the planes there?
                As i stated before, it's not uploading because you're not receiving the tracked planes well enough.
                At least i think that's the issue. (which would make sense considering the SDR you're using)

Comment

Ok, Iīve ordered it. But due to covid it will take until apr14th until I get it.

No problem, I knew what I did and do always have a current backup before I try new things, so I just had to switch the sd-cards.
                  My main task on the raspberry is homebridge, that brings all my gadets to apple home so I can control the house via siri.
                  That task was killed completly. And the second one is pi-hole to filter ads, that was still working but I couldnīt access the
                  admin page anymore.

I always checked the local map and there are a few planes passing by, and the close ones are getting tracked.
                  No worries, Iīll just wait until the other stick arrives and tell you next week.

Thanks again and cheers,
                  Jo

Comment

It shouldn't have killed that homebridge thing and i'm not sure how that would happen.
                    With pi-hole already hogging lighttpd ..... the configuration gets quite complicated.

I suppose if you only want the FR24 membership, no need for any local page ....
                    Good luck with setting that up without breaking stuff ;P

Comment

Ok, Amazon was faster than expected.
                      I changend the stick, rebooted the Raspi and everything works.

Thanks again for your magnificent help!!!

Jo

Comment

Working...
                      X