Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to share data to FR24 using flightaware feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to share data to FR24 using flightaware feeder?

Hi, this is my first topic

My name is Nelson, I'm from Colombia, and I have a FR24 receiver, but one moment to another the equipment it's not receiving info from airplanes, I've try to other antenna and the failure continues.

I asked the support team for help and after completing the requested tests, they asked me to send the receiver back, but I must send it at my expense and then they refund the money, but it is very expensive and with this COVID-19 issue it is difficult to carry out shipments because we are quarantined.

In view of all this, I've made the decision to use the receiver provided by flightaware, but I need to know how programming the flight feeder orange from Flightaware receiver to can share data to FR24. I've try to put in the scrip but I can't 'cause I need a pass to can log in on the maintenance function.

Anybody know this pass that I needing, or another metod to can programming this receiver?

Best regards,

Nelson

As far as I know, adding or modifying software on Flightaware supplied Flightfeeder is blocked, and is also violation of terms of use.

However Flightfeeder has the decoded data available at ports 30005 (beast) and 30003 (avr) formats, and Flightaware allows users to feed this data to any other site. This can be done by using another computer such as Raspberry Pi or a Linux Desktop connected to same network/router, and installing fr24 feeder on this RPi/Desktop. The fr24 feeder should be configured to pull data from Flightfeeder through the network/router.

Comment

abcd567 In this case, would MLAT data need to be disabled?

I've had a FlightAware Orange feeder for a few years and would like to feed its data into FR24 as well. But I recently saw a post about MLAT needing to be disabled in some cases, but it's not clear if it would need to be disabled when being used in this way.

Comment

Working...
      X