Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changelog information for fr24feed software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changelog information for fr24feed software?

Recently, my instance of fr24feed running on a Raspberry Pi was auto-updated from version 1.0.24-7 to 1.0.25-1. The newer version is also now linked from the https://www.flightradar24.com/share-your-data page. No changelog info is provided when I do "sudo apt-get changelog fr24feed", nor is there any linked here: https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/CHANGELOG.md

Does anyone know what has changed, and where one can reliably find this information? I've contacted support@fr24.com as well.

Best regards,
    Andreas

Good luck with that! Last time I emailed support about changes they said "We don't have that info" !! I've turned off auto-update.

Comment

At a guess.. 24-8 fixed the can't save changes on web config 24-7 had.

This probably takes care of the other alert I posted..

Sdr blacklist rules changed to the new format that ended up blocking sticks instead with dump1090 mutability

New installs after the change would have generated fault calls. Check your dump1090 ver after upgrade (if your receier is set to dvbt, not valid for stand-alone install) it's likely been replaced
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi there,

I've received a reply from support, who have now updated the changelog file here: https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/CHANGELOG.md

So version 1.0.25-1 now has information, but the previous version I had, 1.0.24-7, does not. Here is what is currently listed as the latest versions:

Best regards,
        Andreas

# [1.0.25-1] - 2020-03-10
        ## Fixed
        - NIC decoding for ADS-B version 1 & 2
        - Settings were not writable when running Pi24 image
        - CRC checksum is now always enabled even when using basestation-tcp receiver.
        ## Added
        - Added incremental back off when MLAT connection cannot be established

# [1.0.24-6] - 2019-11-04
        ## Added
        - Local buffer for low-latency data

# [1.0.24-4] - 2019-10-09
        ## Fixed
        - Fixed Radarcape timestamp checking
        - Fixed avr-tcp receiver mode in no-mlat setting

# [1.0.24-2] - 2019-10-01
        ## Changed
        - Raspberry Pi debian package auto update now scheduled at random time on each receiver.

# [1.0.24-1] - 2019-10-01
        ## Fixed
        - Kinetic receiver support (SBS1,2,3 working again)
        ## Changed
        - Updated NTP synchronisation, custom server now possible with --ntp-server=
        - Decoder now uses c-ares for DNS, replaces system ping command for static build

Comment

Well done for getting a useful reply from Support!

Comment

Anyone else still unable to save config changes using <ip-of-pi>:8754 settings ? I'm using Buster Lite and just manually updated my images to 25-1. Still needed to edit the ini file.

Will continue investigating ...

Update - not working with Stretch either.
            Last edited by ylis; 2020-03-22, 05:55. Reason: Additional comment

ylis

Comment

I see there's a new version out: 1.0.25-3

From the changelog:

Code:
              # [1.0.25-3] - 2020-03-31
              ## Added
              - Support for new extended Mode-S data fields
              ## Changed
              - Fixed settings not being saved on some installations.
              - Local IP now fetched with API calls rather than system commands.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'm going to stay with 1.0-24-6 until 1.0.25 settles down some more. Wonder if 1.0.25-2 wasn't released...

Comment

We had a thread once that was regularly updated for release data after I pleaded for it instead of us finding out ourselves.
                  https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...aring-software

Even with some bug report/this is broken/suggestion type feedback (was later deleted)

Shame hardly anyone visits again or confirms/feedback that they're taking notice of the stuff we post like the config not saving

Just like Microsoft and W10 updates nowadays - Beta testing use to be opt-in for test cases. Now it'st release to the masses, see who squawks loudest

I only recently went from an early 24 version to 25-1. It didn't want to at first due to my apt repo being so old since I was an early tester and still pointing at raspberrypi-beta vs raspberrypi-stable.. oops
                  Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-04-08, 10:16.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes, it's a shame. If we could somehow combine the customer support of Flightaware with the map of FR24 I'd be off like a shot! Still, while I'm feeding FR24 from an old version I get a Business subscription for free... No one at FR24 seems to understand that their feeder base is a fundamental part of their Business and full of tech savvy people who like fixing things, rather than a bunch of annoying idjits asking difficult questions...

Comment

Taken a while to sort the non writable Pi24 stuff! (25-1)

@abcd567 - this may finally be the fix to the RW change that had to be dished out being included?!

Interesting to note the support for new MOde-S and earlier ADSB NIC decoding for ADS-B version 1 & 2 change.

Looking into that (I could be way off) it seems to indicate it may be able to finer correct some mlat like position accuracy and let more data be plotted.

NIC = Navigation integrity category

And within that seems to be some more message formats?
                      28 Aircraft status
                      29 Target state and status information
                      31 Aircraft operation status
                      Can't seem to find examples of those message types and what they can contain yet

Downside is, it is not clear if that a change to the bundled decoder branch, or the uploader software just able to process some advanced stuff that the likes of the dump1090 maps showing ADSB version etc has been able to for a while

Comment

Working...
                      X