[BUG] (Fixed) Dump1090-Mu: AJAX Error Problem Fetching Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BUG] (Fixed) Dump1090-Mu: AJAX Error Problem Fetching Data

Reports this week that Dump1090 local map on FR24feed setups is now reporting errors about data not found

- Possibly specific to FR24feed script install when 'DVBT' selected - Separate or Dump1090-FA install does not appear effected

At this point believed to be related to the newly modified remote SDR blacklist rules being auto updated by a package related to Dump1090/SDR tools and blocking access to the USB dongle instead of fixing it.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-03-04, 06:49.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Code:
    sudo wget -O /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/osmocom/rtl-sdr/f2a9a81/rtl-sdr.rules"    

sudo reboot

Tested. YES above revised bug-fix works
    (uses old rtl-sdr.rules file)
    Last edited by abcd567; 2020-03-04, 07:21.

Comment

EASY BUG-FIX
      No need to download the file "rtl-sdr.rules".
      Simply add user "dump1090" to group "plugdev" (the group recently added to "rtl-sdr.rules" in commit b281473), and that does the job
      (This is based on fact that the last modifications to "rtl-sdr.rules" includes, among other things, addition of GROUP="plugdev")

Code:
      ## Check
      $ groups dump1090
      dump1090 : nogroup

## Add user dump1090 to group plugdev
      $ sudo usermod -a -G plugdev dump1090

## Check again, dump1090 is now added to group plugdev
      $ groups dump1090
      dump1090 : nogroup plugdev

## Restart dump1090-mutability
      $ sudo systemctl restart dump1090-mutability

## Check gmap.html, it is live now :)

Comment

Good news. Noted following in PI24 2.20 image

(1) It is Raspbian Buster, so can be installed on Pi2, Pi3 & Pi4

(2) Files ssh and wpa_supplicant.conf are included in /boot partition. User dont have to create these.
        "WiFi Only" users can add their ssid and psk (wifi password) in file wpa_supplicant.conf immediately after writing the image while the microSD card is still plugged into card slot of Desktop/Laptop

(3) It installs dump1090-mutability EB_VERSION by built-in command apt install dump1090-mutability. Installing dump1090-mutability from Debian/Raspbian repository by apt install command automatically installs all needed dependencies, including lighttpd.

(4) Bug fix for dump1090-mutabilty no more required. The FR24 programmers have included file rtl-sdr.rules in folder /etc/udev/rules.d/.
        I checked it and it is the same version as I have mentioned in my recent bug fix (commit f2a9a81), i.e. this one:
        Code:
        https://raw.githubusercontent.com/osmocom/rtl-sdr/f2a9a81/rtl-sdr.rules
        Last edited by abcd567; 2020-04-12, 01:01.

Comment

fr24feed ver 1.0.25-3 by bash script (setting receiver=dvbt):

(1) I wrote Raspbian Buster to microSD card, then checked file /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules, it did NOT exist.

(2) I did NOT install any version of dump1090. Instead I directly installed fr24feed by bash script, and in settings chose "1 - DVBT Stick (USB)".

(3) After fr24feed (ver 1.0.25-3) installation was completed, I checked apt policy dump1090-mutability, the dump1090-mutability was not yet installed (required restart of fr24feed).

(4) I checked file /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules, it NOW exists and is same as commit f2a9a81.
          CONCLUSION: fr24feed installer installs the /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules file version "commit f2a9a81"

(5) Next I restarted fr24feed, it took a while to restart (it was busy installing dump1090-mutability EB_VERSION with its dependencies including lighttpd).

(6) Next checked apt policy dump1090-mutability, found installed.

(7) Next I checked Map, "Failed to fetch data from dump1090" error message was there. Cleared cache and reloaded browse, still the error message was there.

(8) I Rebooted RPi, and the error message disappeared and everything started working normal

(9) Checked page IP-ofPI:8754/settings.html . The changes in settings can now be saved by clicking "Save" and then "Restart" buttons on bottom-right of Settings page.

NO NEED FOR ANY BUG FIX
          Well done FR24 Developers Team.

thumbs-up.jpg
          Last edited by abcd567; 2020-04-12, 01:53.

Comment

fr24feed ver 1.0.25-3 by bash script (setting receiver=beast-tcp):

(1) Wrote Raspian Buster to microSD card

(2) Checked, found file /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules does NOT exist.

(3) Manually installed dump1090-mutability EB_VERSION by command sudo apt install dump1090-mutability

(4) Rebooted, then checked Map, found "Failed to fetch data" warning.

(5) Checked again file /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules, it still does NOT exist.

(6) Installed fr24feed by bash script and configured receiver="beast-tcp" host="127.0.0.1:30005".

(7) Checked again file /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules, it NOW EXISTS (commit f2a9a81), but map is still showing yellow warning box.

(8) Rebooted, and everything started working OK.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2020-04-12, 01:55.

Comment

An old bug is still there.
              In Pi24 image, the dump1090-mutability does not start by itself. It is started and stopped by fr24feed.
              When fr24feed starts, it searches for an app which has "dump1090" in its name .
              Only if it does not find any such App running, it will start its integral dump1090-mutability.
              If it finds such an App, it will NOT start its integral dump1090-mutability, and will wait to get data from the App which has dump1090 in its name.
              This works fine with dump1090-fa, dump1090-mutability and dump1090 Macolm Robb.

The problem comes when opensky-network feeder is installed. The name of its binary is "opensky-dump1090".
              The stupid fr24feed when finds an App which has dump1090 as part of its name, it assumes it is some version of decoder dump1090, and does NOT start its integral dump1090-mutability.
              As a result we get:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ fr24feed-status
              [FAIL] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process ... failed!

opensky binary name change.png

FIX
              Code:
              ## Change name of linux binary from "openskyd-dump1090" to "openskyd"
              sudo mv /usr/bin/openskyd-dump1090 /usr/bin/openskyd

## Open service file to edit
              sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/opensky-feeder.service

## Change following line
              ## ExecStart=/usr/bin/openskyd-dump1090
              ## To
              ## ExecStart=/usr/bin/openskyd

## Rebooted for changes to take affect
              sudo reboot
              ALL STARTED WORKING OK

Comment

Working...