No announcement yet.

Problem fetching data from dump1090... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So looking at this, the group is the possible cause?..

The following rule will allow users in the users group to access the USBtinyISP USB programmer for AVR microcontrollers.

/etc/udev/rules.d/50-usbtinyisp.rules
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1781", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c9f", GROUP="users", MODE="0660"
    In the new ones, it's set to restricted user group plugdev

From what I can tell, since FR24 makes it's own user, it's not got permission now...

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ groups pi
    pi : pi adm dialout cdrom sudo audio video plugdev games users input netdev spi i2c gpio
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ groups fr24
    fr24 : fr24 dialout
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Actually I did not bother to find what is the difference between old & latest files.
      I concentrated on how to wget the old file, and by trial-and-error found that 'master' in url downloads the latest revision, and replacing "master" by the desired version's "commit number" downloads the desired version. As this solved my problem, I did not bother to investigate the differences between new & old.

Comment

Your link (https://github.com/osmocom/rtl-sdr/commit/b281473) showed the difference

I'm not a smart cookie, just googled what each new bit did to find the diff and then google how to show what groups members are of heh

old - SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2832", MODE:="0666"
        new - SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2832", ENV{ID_SOFTWARE_RADIO}="1", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Screenshot_20200304-061558_Samsung Internet.jpg

Comment

EASY BUG-FIX
            Last modifications to "rtl-sdr.rules" includes, among other things, addition of GROUP="plugdev"

No need to download the file "rtl-sdr.rules".
            Simply add user "dump1090" to group "plugdev" (the group recently added to "rtl-sdr.rules" in commit b281473), and that does the job

Code:
            ## Check
            $ groups dump1090
            dump1090 : nogroup

## Add user dump1090 to group plugdev
            $ sudo usermod -a -G plugdev dump1090

## Check again, dump1090 is now added to group plugdev
            $ groups dump1090
            dump1090 : nogroup plugdev

## Restart dump1090-mutability
            $ sudo systemctl restart dump1090-mutability

## Check gmap.html, it is live now :)

Comment

I guess once the helpdesk guys notice thread after a bunch of support emails 24-8 will magically be deployed...

Comment

I am glad you could find and fix this bug.
                Should I change back to dump1090-mutability or just start on dump1090-fa? for me it looks the same
                Bar Levy
                T-LLSD4

Comment

Engine-wise, two are almost same. Appearance wise there are some differences.

On one of my Pi I have mutability version, on the other I have flightaware version. I feel happy & satisfied with both.

Comment

Hi there, I have problems with latest SW of flightradar. I though, some happend in new updates..
                    So I downloaded image, copy to SD card, but when I want to setup gain and disable log, nothing happend. Via HTML firefox.. So I wrote to flightradar to find some solution, but after
                    some emails for sollutions they don't send me another mail, so it looks like, they don't know, how to repair it..
                    So i change 1090 mutability in RP via PUTTY, but when I only change location, gain and logging..It wont show a map of flight..it show me a error fetch data..
                    I only click next..next..next..
                    When I restart mutability, it show airplane, but don't seeding to flightradar..So there must be some problems with patch, or mutability. Any sollutions please?
                    I have RP2, I trying these methods of abcd567, but nothing happend..Bcause when I try something, it is ok, but I don't have a map of airplane..it show blank page..
                    So I must format SD card and make new ISO..I only want to setup gain, location and disable logg...thats all..
                    The command for configure dump I try
                    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

Thank you so much

Comment

Try this:
                      https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...ion-for-readsb

Or this:
                      https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...or-dump1090-fa

Both will log to journald which is usually only in memory on Raspbian / FR24 images.

This command should disable most logging to /var/log:
                      sudo systemctl disable rsyslog

To disable the fr24feed logging, just edit /etc/fr24feed.ini

sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

Change logmode to "0":
                      logmode="0"

Ctrl-O and enter to save, Ctrl-X to exit.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                        Try this:

Or this:
                        https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...or-dump1090-fa

Both will log to journald which is usually only in memory on Raspbian / FR24 images.

This command should disable most logging to /var/log:
                        sudo systemctl disable rsyslog

To disable the fr24feed logging, just edit /etc/fr24feed.ini

sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

Change logmode to "0":
                        logmode="0"

Ctrl-O and enter to save, Ctrl-X to exit.
                        Hello wiedehopf,
                        Thank you so much...I thing, now its ok..I try the first command..and now I know more about airplane, and the seeding, or gain its ok..
                        So the patch helped...
                        Have a nice day

Comment

Hey Winap, glad it's working.

Now that you have a solid base you can try these addons:

Configuring the location and changing the gain is rather easy with the provided commands:
                          (that's the one you installed if i understand correclty)

Comment

Hey wiedehopf
                            Thanks for commands...But isn't the same as logging, the history(graphs) you send me?
                            I mean, o lot of write to card..?

Comment

Oh yeah the graphs will write to the sd-card.

If you're concerned about that, don't use it.
                              I've had no issues with my sd-card, it's running the graphs for 1.5 years now.
                              The graphs1090 page has some tricks so it doesn't write quite as much, but it does still write quite a bit.

Won't fill up space wise though, the database is limited to around 20 MB.

Comment

And how big card, do you have? I have only 16GB Transcend..but also a new 32GB if something happens..Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X