Clean slate and start again, maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean slate and start again, maybe

Greetings all. I am having a time with getting FR24 setup and spotting. I had it working, no problems when I first got involved with plane spotting. But I started having issues with, I thought, the dongle overheating.....I wasn't getting spots. It was suggested that I get a better PS and not a new dongle. The one I had had been doing fine. Any, got a new PS and still no luck. New install...no luck. If I have it plugged in for several hours and disconnect, I'll get a message sent to me saying that I was on that day but now I'm offline. But when I go to look at stats it's always zilch. I wondering if I should just start over.....not the install but with setting up a new account. I wonder if that would solve the issues? This is really frustrating. And another thing....with the new install, I cannot activate, even with the new key.....

So to sum up, would starting all over with a new account be the right thing to do?

Thanks
    de WA4CHQ/qrp 99% cw since 1972. Linux using SLACKWARE since 2000

To activate, do NOT go to activation page, and do NOT follow any instruction there. Simply use this command to activate:

Code:
    sudo fr24feed --signup

Comment

Hi abcd567..... I tried that. Maybe I did something wrong but I entered all the info correctly. OK, will do that again and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

OK....what I found was using the original email address shows I already had KPHF registered 3 times. So I entered another email address and I think it will now work.....checking.

Comment

OK. It says I'm online but the IP address is blank..... I don't see any spot yet, maybe something in an hour. will check.

Comment

IP isn't known for Pi Devices only FR24 ones to assist with remote connection
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK....no data.
              [Wed 4] pi ~ --> sudo fr24feed-status
              [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
              [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2020-03-04 19:13:22.
              [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
              [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-KPHF14.
              [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
              [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
              [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Guys, I'm gonna have to put this on pause. The only time I get to work on this is when I'm at the location of my RPi. I don't have wifi on the boat. So trying to work on the problem is very difficult with the interruptions. I'll get it running in the near future. I'm currently building a home and there I'll be set up with wifi. Thank you all for the help. Will see you soon.

Comment

Missing basic info: What is your install?
                - Pi24 image or Raspbian Stretch image, or Raspbian Buster image?

- dump1090-mutability or dump1090-fa?

Comment

OK, adjusted my config file and enabled mlat.... lets check again.

Comment

Hallelujah! I'm back spotting! When my house is finished I'll move everything there and get a decent outdoor antenna erected. Thanks all for advice, support etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X