No announcement yet.

Radar coverage has dropped from 90 nm to 36 nm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, Installed new antenna, and now coverage has dropped to 24nm. Do I have to make changes in FR24 directory on my Pi ????
    Only a temporary install on roof at moment, but will make permanent if figures pick up.
    Thanks, Wayne

Comment

What is length (from antenna up to dvbt) and model/make of coax?
      Last edited by abcd567; 2020-01-21, 01:26.

Comment

Hello All
        Well the "project" is complete and appears working better than previous one. I'm still only showing 86 nm. I tried what Captain abcd567 suggested but got confusing results.
        I have shown my coordinates in case someone can help get a range reading

Lat -27.0675 Lon 153.131 Height 25 ft above ground (in centre of iron roof.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by bribiewayne View Post
          I have shown my coordinates in case someone can help get a range reading

Lat -27.0675 Lon 153.131 Height 25 ft above ground (in centre of iron roof.

Wayne
          Yellow curve for planes at 10,000 feet elevation
          Blue curve for planes at 40,000 feet elevation

https://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=MFX6FD7A

Wayne - heywhatsthat.jpg
          Last edited by abcd567; 2020-01-25, 00:24.

Comment

Thank you Captain

Take care

Wayne

Comment

Wayne, I'm in Narangba and when I was running a home-built CoCo antenna (using RG6 coax) that was mounted above the tv antenna, I was typically getting around 120-140Nm.

EDIT: I'm now using a proper Flightaware antenna and one of their Prosticks with 50 Ohm coax all the way and on a good day, I can get up to 220Nm to the north (past Gladstone out to sea) with flights from NZ to China.
              Interesting side-note though - since we've had that rain and the trees have got more foliage on them, I've been lucky to get 200Nm to the north.Wayne, I'm in Narangba and when I was running a home-built CoCo antenna (using RG6 coax) that was mounted above the tv antenna, I was typically getting around 120-140Nm.

EXTRA edit: the VR capture was done at 9am just after I accidentally reset the range plot
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X