Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Dongle is receiving data but not transmiting to FR24

Hey!

I'm new to the world of ADS-B and transmitting, i have little knowledge on these subjects.
    Had an old PC lying around and decided to buy a USB Dongle to be a feeder for FR24. I installed linux and followed one of the sticked tutorialsto download and install everything i need in order to start feeding. Everything went ok, all services are up and running with no problem, everything is green.

I started dump1090 to see if the dongle is properly receiving aircraft information, and it does as it should. The problem comes in the localhost:8754 webpage where you can see the flightradar logo with all the information about the dongle, the ip, etc etc. In the linux terminal with the dumpo1090 started, the planes show up with no trouble, but in this webpage it reads "Aircraft Tracked:0" and there is when my mind blown off.

Is this ok? Is this how it's supposed to be? I really want to transmit data to FR and collaborte, my knowledge in Linux is very limited, wish i could know more.

I'll leave some images for you to take a look about this situation.

asdasd12321.png

As you can see, the aircraft show up normally on the localhost web with the dump1090 started.

unam.png

Before posting this, only for curiosity went and checked the status of the fr24feed service on linux, this show up. Could this be the problem of why is not transmitting data? Thanks!

el cabro.png

Traditionally needs 4 simultaneously received to be activated from server end.

That said, there is a bug on the x64 version. You will see many threads about it.

The armf version is now only one developed

Check your status on the account page when logged into fr24. You'll find its probably fine just not saying it
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Traditionally needs 4 simultaneously received to be activated from server end.

That said, there is a bug on the x64 version. You will see many threads about it.

The armf version is now only one developed

Check your status on the account page when logged into fr24. You'll find its probably fine just not saying it
      Thank you very much for the info!

I logged into my FR24 account and says "Online - No data". At the moment dump1090 is tracking 6 aircraft with full details, speed, callsign, etc etc. I'll look up for threads talking about that bug, thanks! Should I switch to a x32 system?. amrf version is for Raspberry Pi, right?

Thank you very much!

Comment

It is, and version is up to 24-8.
        ​​​​​​ if you use the raspian desktop linux build, they seem to have included some voodoo that lets you run the pi version

One of the options for Windows users was install it in a vm and it seemed to work fine.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The alternative is use the .deb link for 18-7 (memory here) which was the one before the broken 24-5

Comment

It is, and version is up to 24-8.
            ​​​​​​ if you use the raspian desktop linux build, they seem to have included some voodoo that lets you run the pi version

One of the options for Windows users was install it in a vm and it seemed to work fine.
            Thanks! Like i said, my knowledge in Linux is so limited (this is my first experience ever, and it started about ~15hrs ago hahaha) so i'm going to try different options even the windows and the VM version. I'll try as much as possible. if nothing works i'll have to buy a raspberry pi.

Thank you very much again! Will try the 18-7 version.

Comment

If you start dump1090 on the console, the dongle will be occupied and fr24feed can't use it with its own dump1090 process.

There can always only be one dump1090 process.

I'd probably recommend compiling and running your own dump1090-fa service and setting up FR24 to get the data from there:
              Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

The second link describes which settings fr24 needs.

But your current issue might be unrelated, impossible to tell.

Comment

Yeah i didn't put 2 and 2 there.. so could be either. My bad

Since we know 24-5 failed to report, along with access conflicting if you don't stop dump 1090.. theres a few variables to eliminate

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                  If you start dump1090 on the console, the dongle will be occupied and fr24feed can't use it with its own dump1090 process.

There can always only be one dump1090 process.

I'd probably recommend compiling and running your own dump1090-fa service and setting up FR24 to get the data from there:

The second link describes which settings fr24 needs.

But your current issue might be unrelated, impossible to tell.

Thank you sir! I'll try this method to get FR24 data from the manual dump1090. There are quite alternatives to try and i'll make my best to have it up and running. Thank you for both links, it's hard for a Windows user to get started in Linux hahaha, thanks!

You're right with the dump1090, never thought of that. Will check!

Comment

Yeah i didn't put 2 and 2 there.. so could be either. My bad

Since we know 24-5 failed to report, along with access conflicting if you don't stop dump 1090.. theres a few variables to eliminate
                    I'll try this as well. Hard to know what is the real problem if there are too many variables to rule out. Thanks!

Comment

Just stop the console-run dump1090 by pressing Ctrl and c keys togather. You may need to press Ctrl+c keys more than once to stop console-run dump1090.

Once the console run dump1090 is stopped, the dvbt dongle will be free to be used by fr24feed-run dump1090. Now restart fr24feed by following command:

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Wait for 5 minutes, then check your local status page (ip:8754), status page on flightradar24.com, and by following command

fr24feed-status

Comment

Please see this thread also:
                        TESTED - "1.0.24-5_amd64" and "1.0.24-5_i386"

Comment

Thats the downside of current generation.

I grew up with dos. Dos menus to run things and eventually needing to type 'win' to get a gui. (3.1)

Transition to linux is somewhat similar in some small aspects.

Now, its a feature that causes panic when the need to use it comes up.

If only they kept it mainstream

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce that I worked the issue off, reinstalled everything on an older version, did what wiedehopf proposed with the dump1090 and now everything is working just fine. I can see the planes and the data is being sent to the FR24 servers properly.

Thank you so much for the help, couldnt do this by myself! ip:8754 is showing that is sending data, so it's working.

Thanks!!

arrechas.png

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                              Just stop the console-run dump1090 by pressing Ctrl and c keys togather. You may need to press Ctrl+c keys more than once to stop console-run dump1090.

Once the console run dump1090 is stopped, the dvbt dongle will be free to be used by fr24feed-run dump1090. Now restart fr24feed by following command:

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Wait for 5 minutes, then check your local status page (ip:8754), status page on flightradar24.com, and by following command

fr24feed-status

I solved the issue! Anyway, thank you very much!! I'll keep these links if i have trouble in the future! Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X