WIF-planes with ads-b not visible in fr24 when under my coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIF-planes with ads-b not visible in fr24 when under my coverage

Why is some of the WIF-DH8A (With ADS-B)not feeded to fr24 when they are in the area where I am the only with adsb-coverage (Mosjøen ,MJF)I can follow the plane on fr24 untill it desend below the mountains where it vanish,but I have a clear view to the plane and airport ,also looks ok in feeder status.Look at atatchments

From PI
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-12-15 12:27:32.
    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-ENMS1.
    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 2.
    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (102588 MSGS/0 SYNC).
    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 2.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $
    Attached Files

Nobody knows what cause this error.?LN-WIL is one of the planes that seems ok in feeder status,but not visible in FR24 when out of range of other feeders and me the only one with coverage.(I can also see the plane)Use blue Flightaware stick and PI

Comment

It's not an error. Most WF-aircraft can only be viewed in areas with MLAT coverage. It's all explained in the FAQ.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Common aircraft models that usually do not have an ADS-B transponder and are not visible on Flightradar24 (within ADS-B coverage):
      • Antonov An-124 and An-225
      • ATR 42, 72 (except most new deliveries of ATR 72-600)
      • Boeing 707, 717, 727, 737-200, 747-100, 747-200, 747SP
      • BAe Jetstream 31 and 32
      • All Bombardier CRJ models (except most new deliveries of CRJ-900)
      • All Bombardier Dash models
      • All CASA models
      • All Dornier models
      • All Embraer models (except most new deliveries of Embraer E190)
      • De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
      • Fokker 50
      • McDonnell Douglas DC-9, MD-8x, MD-90
      • Saab 340 and 2000
      • Most helicopters
      • Most older aircraft
      • Most business jets
      • Most military aircraft
      • Most propeller aircraft
      ENFB.net
      Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Same problem with me.
        The problem occur in the last 2 month.
        I think it is because my network have problem with UDP connection.
        The feeder software maybe can not detect intermittent UDP connection,
        so the status still OK but actually no data sent to fr24 server.

Comment

Everything looks normal in feeder status,but not visible in FR24,see attatchment(0 FT ,plane is landet,but altitude is registrated when airborne)As soon as it come under coverage og other feeders it will appear in fr24 ,data source listed as ads-b
          FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List
          Attached Files

Comment

This is how il looks like in DUMP1090.This aircraft is not visible in FR24,why?

dump.jpg

Comment

It's already 4 seconds since signal (1 full upload cycle nearly)

And reporting as on ground at 0 speed
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I know it's on the ground,but it becoms visible on fr24 from other feeders as soon it climb over the mountain(I am the only feeder that can trac aircrafts between the mountains here)
                Is there sonting special with the WIF plane's adsb transponders and my setup that cause error?

Comment

And Babcock abulance planes are tracked by mine radar when comming to MJF and visible on FR24

Comment

The radar showing means nothing.

And they also only allow some station's to send ground data. Look at the feed information during startup. You can see the distance limit and if ground data is turned on.

And losing signal every 4 seconds like that wont earn your data bonus points as good signal to consider showing. It has to meet criteria to qualify for not being on/off/on given the upload is every 4 or 5 seconds your packet wont be sending anything
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

So what can cause the loss?.It seems this is only a problem with certain WIF DHC8-aircrafts(know that certain wif-planes don't have adsb-transpondrers,but this one says data source =ADSB Signal should not be a problem since I can see the aircraft on the airport from here and ambulance planes are always tracked and feeded to FR24 and showing mine as source

Comment

There are 2 antennas on a plane normally. One on top, one on bottom.

If it switches to the bottom. Less signal unless at the airport.

Or it has just plain old older gear.

Remember none of this was designed for us at home with tv sticks

It is for tuned aviation equipment at the airport and ground station's

Comment

Working...
                        X