Raspberry stop working and stop sending data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry stop working and stop sending data

a few days ago my rasp stopped working, it has no signal and no longer detects planes, what problem could it be? thanks

Did you do anything a few days ago ??? I see you are using 1.0.23-8 - so am I. You are connecting to FR24 so it could be an issue with your coaxial cable or antenna.

ylis

Comment

i didn't touch anything maybe is usb stick broken?

Comment

Is My DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Healthy?

Comment

I changed the dvb stick and now it works, but I don't understand why I have maximum distance 0

Comment

Your distance has been 0 since Sunday except for some very short distance and a few hits yesterday when you changed the dvbt stick. I'm happy to help with some simple faultfinding ...

Please describe your dvbt stick/dongle
            What antenna are you using ?

ylis

Comment

Take off --gain -10 for a start and re-try.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
                Your distance has been 0 since Sunday except for some very short distance and a few hits yesterday when you changed the dvbt stick. I'm happy to help with some simple faultfinding ...

Please describe your dvbt stick/dongle
                What antenna are you using ?

This is my stick

AndoerŪ Mini Portatile USB Digital 2.0 Ricevente del Sintonizzatore DAB + SDR + FM RTL2832U + R820T2 Sostegno TV Bastone DVB-T https://www.amazon.it/dp/B013Q94CT6/..._nJm9DbVN0E1QS

Comment

This is my today statistics
                  maybe is the antenna?

Comment

As soon as I saw Online - No Data I thought it might be a problem with the antenna or cable, Are you using the small magnetic base antenna as shown in the amazon link ? Is it outside or inside ? Has it been moved or damaged recently ? Is it in a good position to receive signals from aircraft ? Has it been in another position previously when it was working better ?

Before trying to change the gain as suggested by Oblivian, we could experiment to see if the antenna or antenna cable/connector is the issue. Remove the antenna cable from the stick. The centre pin hole on the sticks antenna connector is very small but try to gently insert a fine sewing pin or needle without it touching the outer circular ring. Don't use any force that will expand the size of the centre hole as shown. A paperclip etc will be too large.

DSC02388 - Copy.JPG

In your last reply, I see you now have another feeder code ? Have you got some new equipment ?

ylis

Comment

Yeah finally! I did moved my dvb stick and now the coverage has changed, but i think the antenna sucks, is a small antenna i would change this, can guys sent me a link for a new super antenna? Thank you

Comment

https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...-shopping-list

I'd recommend that you upgrade your USB receiver as well if you upgrade your antenna or consider a filtered LNA:
                        https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...mplifiers-lnas

Comment

Hi fankekkolo - good to see you have found the problem. I started off with the Light Blue stick also - but now pay a little more and use the Dark Blue one and the 26inch antenna as suggested by wiedehopf. in his shopping list. Also, I've just purchased a green stick to experiment with ! Having good cable and a good outside position for the antenna is most important for good reception and range. Good luck and enjoy the hobby !

ylis

Comment

Working...
                          X