No announcement yet.

RPI Zero W not feeding with big antenna but feeding with small antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should add, that interference looks very close to 1090 MHz and i can't say for sure that it's harmonics (multiples of another frequency).
    If it's harmonics, the filtered LNA will positively remove it.

If it's not harmonics but actual interference near 1090 MHz, the LNA might not be the cure.
    The hardware based RadarCape/ModeSBeast (FR24 feed unit) with it's 12 MHz sample rate is quite a bit better at fishing out signals out of noise than the 2.4 MHz sample rate rtl-sdr devices can possibly be.

So just keep that in mind, i have no idea how your noise looks like exactly.
    Do you have any other antennas on the roof or other coax running parallel to your coax?

The source of the interference might be coming from your house and might be preventable.
    You can try to remove power from the TV receiver box or TV distribution box if you have something like that.
    If that improves reception, running the coax another way or mounting the ADS-B antenna further from the TV antenna will most likely help.

ADS-B reception can be very challenging with other frequencies or electronic noise in the way.

Comment

The source of the interference might be coming from your house and might be preventable.
      You can try to remove power from the TV receiver box or TV distribution box if you have something like that.
      If that improves reception, running the coax another way or mounting the ADS-B antenna further from the TV antenna will most likely help.

ADS-B reception can be very challenging with other frequencies or electronic noise in the way.
      There is actually another coax running through the same tube down into my house. Good advise! Never thought of that. At the moment I’m not at home, but will try your suggestion when I’m back in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X