Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Meanwhile it lets the Indonesian poker spam though...

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
    PS: My previous messages were marked as "possible spam" and is "unapproved"??? I just edited the message (twice to add a link and correct a few grammar mistakes)... I have copy/pasted it again.
    This happened with me thrice. Whenever I edited a post, it became "unapproved".
    Stupidly over-active spam protection settings.

LESSON LEARNED: DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS

Leave a comment:

• SoNic67
    replied
    Filter the webpage display with your radar ID. You will surprised how stupid the algorithm of selecting the radar feed is. I have asked a similar question long time ago, why are far-away feeders selected when mine is closer of airplane and more reliable. Eventually discussion deviated to "why do you care?".

Anyway, as a silent result of that, the radar site used now is now "hidden" from the main page, requiring an extra click to be seen (before it was just shown there). Plus there is a special note that feeders are chosen "randomly". That's a silly way to get your data IMO.

And also, I don't think it is actually random, it's more like there is a "preferred" list of radar sites, like a cache that remains filled with several radar stations ID's.
    I did display with filtering based on radar ID that I see more often and several of those have been selected with 4-10 times more planes, even if their coverage is not that much bigger.

The craziest part: A plane would be on my airport (ground), take off, all displayed in my local web window. At about 18 miles away (still strong signal for me), the airplane climbed enough to visible from far away. Then, the FR24 site suddenly selected to display that the plane radar source is a site that was at least 100 miles away from my site. And NOT in the direction that the plane was flying! It was more like lateral, West from me, same latitude with me, and the plane was flying North.

But hey, I was told "why do you care"? So I don't anymore...
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...or-web-display

PS: My previous messages were marked as "possible spam" and is "unapproved"??? I just edited the message (twice to add a link and correct a few grammar mistakes)... I have copy/pasted it again.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    I've seen this issue as well.
    Wouldn't hold my breath for a solution ...

Just make yourself a local map on an extra RPi:
    Combine data from multiple ADS-B receivers into one readsb decoder / tar1090 webinterface - wiedehopf/combine1090

Oh wait do FR24 provided receivers even output beast data on 30005?

Leave a comment:

• F-YMEN3
    replied
    ok, well the entire path does vanish sometimes, especially if I click the focus off the aircraft in question. If the breadcrumbs are not being generated then FR24 is not showing the position updates. I can turn those options off as suggested and yes then it will disappear rather than just not show breadcrumbs.

I wonder why the data would not get passed by FR24 ? Because as I said if I am already tracking the aircraft from a long way out, this never happens, I track it continuously with a good breadcrumb trail ... it's when another station appears to be tracking and then loses signal FR24 doesn't seem to switch over to my receiver or if it does it takes a long period of time and then the position of the aircraft is not updated on FR24 for that time.

At the end of the day I want to provide local position data of local low flying aircraft to the local people. It's a busy area for light aircraft and even more so when there are firefighting aircraft flying. If I can't do that via FR24 then I will need to setup my own receiver and livestream the ADSB scope (or similar setup) via my local website for local users, because at the moment the FR24 data is lacking.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by F-YMEN3 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. There are no stations reporting the position of the aircraft in that example while the breadcrumbs are not being updated. The position on FR24 is not available but I have the position data coming into my receiver and being uploaded.

If I have a very strong signal from the aircraft why wouldn't that get used by FR24 ? My internet is good, my station is 100% uptime recently, I can ping 8.8.8.8 at <50ms that entire time these issues happen.
    When you are identifying what station IDs are doing what on the page - and if yours isn't being used etc, according to FR24, you can't rely on it.

And if you go into your webpage view options. Turn off estimations, and animate. You will likely find the entire path in the middle vanishes. Because they turn on esimations to smooth the paths. Falling in and out of range isn't reported correctly as it waits for the next update. This will only help confirm there is absolutely if no data being used in a certain zone.

And we can't see what is being uploaded/used by the server. The same with our feeder software (we can see in logs how many aircraft are simply rejected by the server as it already has a source and so on)

Although never admitted its cases like this, and others where its fairly obvious for the most part it gets checked and has to meet criteria before being uploaded to the site for use. Using adsbscope and so on uses the RAW data directly received from the antenna/decode. Not what they choose to use to update the web with

Leave a comment:

• F-YMEN3
    replied
    I'm not sure I understand. There are no stations reporting the position of the aircraft in that example while the breadcrumbs are not being updated. The position on FR24 is not available but I have the position data coming into my receiver and being uploaded.

If I have a very strong signal from the aircraft why wouldn't that get used by FR24 ? My internet is good, my station is 100% uptime recently, I can ping 8.8.8.8 at <50ms that entire time these issues happen.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    You can't rely on the listed ID in the table as the feeding receiver. (apparently)
    So only they would see the true amount of data contributed/meeting criteria.

The raw output to adsbscope and so on also doesn't reflect the uploaded stuff

The breadcrumbs (white dots on the line = data update point) stop over the first port of water in that example. If you turn off 'estimations' and animate aircraft in your view settings you may see it disappear totally.

Leave a comment:

• Receivers not changing fast enough - FR24 Support Don't Respond

For over a year I have seen this issue where aircraft will fly over my location or land at the local airport they often just disappear off F24 without the receiver changing to my receiver which has a very strong signal from the aircraft . It doesn't happen all of the time but it happens often. Recently we have had several aircraft working from the local airport just a few km's from my station fighting fires and about 50% of the time the position reports stop rather than switching receivers.

If my receiver is the one being used when the aircraft is a long way out then the position reports are very regular all the way into landing and on the ground but if another receiver is tracking the aircraft as it comes in and then loses the signal then often it will disappear off the radar due to no position reports, it may appear minutes latter when its on the ground stationary, received from my receiver. All of this time I see the same aircraft on ADSB scope and I have a visual line of site to the airport from the location of the receiver (which is at 1400 feet on a tower on top of a hilltop).

I contacted FR24 last year about this issue the response was, yes we know about the problem and are working on it. It's now a year latter and the same thing still happens. So I contacted support again, supplying images of the issue, images of FR24 and images of my ADSB. No response. I tried again about a week latter with updated information ... no response .. that was several weeks ago now.

It's really disappointing that FR24 don't seem to care about these fairly serious bugs in their system and also disappointing that they don't respond to their volunteers who are spending time trying to help get issues fixed.

Has anyone else noticed this issue ?

I uploaded an example from today, one of many examples of this behaviour. This aircraft was at 7000ft, the red mark is my station, it is online and tracking the aircraft yet you can see the position reports stop approximately 20km then it switches to another receiver. My receiver had a good signal on this aircraft for perhaps 150km and is skipped completely even when the aircraft is almost overhead and has no signal from any other station. I know it is not MLAT as it is on my ADSB.

I have spend allot of money and time getting and keeping this receiver running ontop of a hill at 1400 feet running on solar and batteries so it will have a good reception of aircraft at lower altitudes, yet it is not being used properly by FR24.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X