Remote Access to Rpi feeder using Team Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Access to Rpi feeder using Team Viewer

My next project - to experiment using Team Viewer to access remotely located RPi 3B FR24 Feeder station. I use mobile broadband which has its IP address hidden within the mobile phone network and this prevents using a dynamic ddns service as a VPN. Has anyone tried team viewer ? Any hints or clues or issues I need to be aware of ?

ylis

zerotier and ssh seem like a better solution than teamviewer.

Comment

If you have dynamic IP then is good to feed also to FlightAware because on your stats page it will show the current IP address of your feeder. So you can open FlightAware stats page read IP of your feeder and then connect to it. Ideally by using SSH as widehopf mentioned above.

Edit.
      With SSH, You may face issues with port forwarding, if this is going throughout a mobile network, then team viewer could be one of the options.
      Last edited by matysldn; 2019-12-02, 23:51.

Comment

It will be CG-NAT. Most the worlds providers are moving to it as there are little IPv4 address space left. I was moved to it last month

Which no doubt is how he knows he cant port forward or come in, the device gets a shared WAN IP, and is natted within ISP space behind it with a local IP.

So device needs to either phone out to a central point (cloud solution, IE teamviewer, zerotier given is an example of this, remote vpn tunnel establish to home router/service and so on) and be middle-man.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

wiedehopf: Thanks - I'll look into zerotier - was not previously aware of it.

oblivian:
          Which no doubt is how he knows he cant port forward or come in, the device gets a shared WAN IP, and is natted within ISP space behind it with a local IP.
          I think this is the case ...

So device needs to either phone out to a central point (cloud solution, IE teamviewer, zerotier given is an example of this, remote vpn tunnel establish to home router/service and so on) and be middle-man.
          and looking hopefully to a solution such as this ...

ylis

Comment

Zerotier is fairly easy to setup. I am using it for a while, it works too on my Android phone - with SSH or Windows Remote Client apps I can access all my devices.

Comment

wiedehopf: Thanks for the above suggestion. I've got it set up and working - and so far its doing the job !

ylis

Comment

Working...
              X