Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance for ARM64 binary ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any chance for ARM64 binary ?

    I manage to get dump1090 to run on my Synology DS118 through ENT-WARE. I was wondering if there are any self contained binaries for either FR24 or FA that could run on the ARM64 platform. I have a very limited dev lib environment on the NAS and as far as I know, FR24 doesn't provide source code anyways.

  • #2
    Click the link below to download through browser:
    https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...24-5_amd64.tgz

    To download directly on Linux computer using command line:
    Code:
    wget -O ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-5_amd64.tgz https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_64_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.24-5_amd64.tgz
    
    ## To uncompress
    sudo tar xvzf ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-5_amd64.tgz
    
    ## The uncompression will create binary "fr24feed" inside following folder
    ~/fr24feed_amd64
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-11-21, 19:28.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      Click the link below to download through browser:
      https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...24-5_amd64.tgz

      To download directly on Linux computer using command line:
      Code:
      wget -O ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-5_amd64.tgz https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_64_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.24-5_amd64.tgz
      Thats AMD64 ... looking for ARMv8/AARCH64

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry, oversight.
        As far as I know, the only ARM package available is .deb package for RPI.
        There may be some way to extract the binary from it
        Code:
        wget -O ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf.deb repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf.deb

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah I'm trying to compile the PiAware from SRC using synology dev tools to figure out the lib requirements. If that works I'll try the FR24 binary.

          Comment


          • #6

            Code:
            ## to list files inside .deb package
            sudo dpkg -c ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf.deb  
            
            ## to extract all files of .deb package into a folder
            sudo dpkg -x ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf.deb ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf  
            
            ls ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf
            Last edited by abcd567; 2019-11-21, 20:35.

            Comment


            • #7
              Please see this for some tips on aarch64: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...N2-and-feeding

              You can make the fr24feed armhf binary run without issues on arm64.

              Comment


              • #8
                It does seems to run. I'll report back with my findings.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh actually i had issues with fr24feed armhf 1.0.24 segfaulting on aarch64, maybe they fixed that.
                  (If they didn't fix it you should be still able to download 1.0.23 directly: wget "https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb" )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                    Oh actually i had issues with fr24feed armhf 1.0.24 segfaulting on aarch64, maybe they fixed that.
                    (If they didn't fix it you should be still able to download 1.0.23 directly: wget "https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb" )
                    Which one you tried, 1.0.24-5, or 1.0.24-6 or 1.0.24-7?

                    I heard they have fixed the bug in the last one (1.0.24-7, which is the one for which I have provided download link in my last post above)
                    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-11-21, 21:50.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      1.0.24-7 doesn’t segfault so far but I haven’t got access to my USB dongle till tomorrow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Success!
                        Synology DS118 - ARM v64
                        DSM 6.1 OS
                        dump1090 installed through ENT-WARE
                        1.0.24-7 binary installed by downloading the .deb file on separte VM, extracting it. Then transferring all the files via SCP.
                        FR24ini edited to show dump1090 at /opt/bin/dump1090

                        Had to fine tweet a few settings but it seems like it's running.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                          Code:
                          ## to list files inside .deb package
                          sudo dpkg -c ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf.deb
                          
                          ## to extract all files of .deb package into a folder
                          sudo dpkg -x ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf.deb ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf
                          
                          ls ~/fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf


                          Code:
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf
                          etc usr
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/usr
                          bin lib share
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/etc
                          cron.d systemd fr24feed.ini udev
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/usr/bin
                          fr24feed fr24feed-status
                          
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/usr/lib
                          fr24
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/usr/lib/fr24
                          create_missing_directories.sh dump_diagnostics.sh 
                          fr24feed_updater.sh 
                          install_dump1090.sh
                          public_html
                          unregister_kernel_modules.sh
                          
                          
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/etc/systemd
                          system
                          
                          ls fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/etc/systemd/system
                          fr24feed.service


                          Code:
                          cat fr24feed_1.0.24-7_armhf/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service  
                          
                          [Unit]
                          Description=Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                          After=network-online.target
                          
                          [Service]
                          Type=simple
                          Restart=always
                          LimitCORE=infinity ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh
                          ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed User=fr24
                          Group=fr24
                          PermissionsStartOnly=true
                          StandardOutput=null
                          
                          [Install]
                          WantedBy=multi-user.target

                          Last edited by abcd567; 2019-11-23, 22:04.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's not the most stable. The app crashed after 30min - I get the Bus error (core dumped) ... I'll have to start tracking down ... It does work properly and did report A/C and feed to my FR24 account so there is hope. I might just make a script/daemon that auto kills dump1090 and restart fr24 if it sees that it crashed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just use 1.023 on arm64 ...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X