Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pi Zero feeding - bizarre statistics, any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    radarbox green dongle is better with interference and cheaper.

But FA dongles are also good, depending on interference an extra filter is required/improves reception.

Or best option in my opinion, this LNA together with the v3 or smartee dongle: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/new-product-...mhz-ads-b-lna/
    What are the Radarbox black ones? Rubbish?!?! Green ones are more expensive than the FA orange ones where I am due to postage costs, but not by much. I've had some correspondence with FR24 support - perhaps they'll send me a free one! I'm still trying to test everything but today my military TTA has been active so nothing flying over at all - typical.

Comment

So much postage?
      From where are you trying to order?

You can get them directly from their store or from Amazon US or EU.
      Shipping from their store would be cheapest i imagine.

The black ones don't have an amplifier, might as well get a 5 dollar unit from china, nothing special about those and no SMA connector which is really more robust than the MCX.
      Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-11-01, 05:49.

Comment

So much postage?
        From where are you trying to order?

You can get them directly from their store or from Amazon US or EU.
        Shipping from their store would be cheapest i imagine.

The black ones don't have an amplifier, might as well get a 5 dollare unit from china, nothing special about those and no SMA connector which is really more robust than the MCX.
        OK thanks. Yes, their store just takes me to Amazon but it is a bit cheaper than eBay sellers. I try and avoid Amazon partly because of their employment practices and partly because they use couriers and there's not a courier on the planet who will deliver to my location! Anyway, it's "fulfilled" by them so click&collect is possible. I thought the black one was probably rubbish looking at the aerial it's bundled with. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Thanks Oblivian, wiedehopf

Can you just tell me if this looks like a "normal" ratio of hits to positions? It's not totally representative of what I can receive because of military activity/me switching things on and off etc, but it's an "average" sample maybe:

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 23.46.24.png

Still trying to work out what's going on!!

Comment

Don't think that's strange, but the statistics there are pretty limited.

I don't know how well it would run on a pi zero, but i'd recommend these graphs for statistics:

Might be using too much CPU though.

Comment

Don't think that's strange, but the statistics there are pretty limited.

I don't know how well it would run on a pi zero, but i'd recommend these graphs for statistics:

Might be using too much CPU though.
              Thanks - those graphs look ultra comprehensive!

You're right about the pi zero - it struggles doing mostly nothing. I have another machine with Linux Mint on so I need to set all it up on that and then have a play.

Comment

Working...
              X