Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    Thanks saw all those warnings but followed your suggestion per the post, mode s beast , all good

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by orion_jb2001 View Post
    Thanks both and of course you can see your station's detection's via dump 1090 or tar 1090. I was wondering if FR had a similar map as to FA's skyview for you station as well as their world wide map.
    If you choose setting "receiver=dvbt", the FR24 feeder installs and uses dump1090-mutab v 1.14 to decode signals as well as to display its map. Otherwise with setting "receiver=beast-tcp" and "host=127.0.0.1:30005", it uses decoder and map of dump1090 mutab v 1.15 or dump1090-fa, whichever you have installed.

If you have already installed ver 1.15~dev and chooe setting "receiver=dvbt", FR24 feeder will downgrade ver 1.15 to ver 1.14
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-06, 18:24.

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    And set up the main sd card for the unit after the test card went ok, no problems again. Will be putting it on an emmc card when it arrives

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    Thanks both and of course you can see your station's detection's via dump 1090 or tar 1090. I was wondering if FR had a similar map as to FA's skyview for you station as well as their world wide map.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    He has dump1090-mutability, so it should be without fa at the end, i.e. should be http://your.internal.network.ip/dump1090

Leave a comment:

• colinLPL
    replied
    Right got it sorted out. Flightaware getting data, FR24 receiving data, can see a skyaware 8080 map. Just got to do a few changes, your tar1090 and graphs wiedehoph. Only 1 hiccup, forgot to do the airspy script but once done, all up and running. I think there might be, but is there a local FR map where you just see your detections??
    http://your.internal.network.ip/dump1090-fa and also /graphs1090

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    One question FR24 wise, it seems to have picked a more distant local airport for my ID, not our local 5 k away, can you change that?

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    Used your "How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi" post ABCD, which sort of back to front to get to the FR feed but worked no issues.

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    Right got it sorted out. Flightaware getting data, FR24 receiving data, can see a skyaware 8080 map. Just got to do a few changes, your tar1090 and graphs wiedehoph. Only 1 hiccup, forgot to do the airspy script but once done, all up and running. I think there might be, but is there a local FR map where you just see your detections??

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    Ok thanks for you help. I have got it feeding FR24 now, just checking some other things stand by. Used your muta 1.15 installl ABC

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    ```
    Architecture: armv7l
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 8
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 4
    Socket(s): 2
    Vendor ID: ARM
    Model: 3
    Model name: Cortex-A7
    Stepping: r0p3
    CPU max MHz: 2000.0000
    CPU min MHz: 200.0000
    BogoMIPS: 90.00
    Flags: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae
    ```
    CPU is armv7l. Same method as that for Raspberry Pi, will apply for installing FR24 feeder and Flightaware feeder.

(1) First install a decoder like dump1090-fa, or dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev.
    (2) Next use following script to install FR24 feeder.

Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
    NOTE: Make sure during settings dialouge, you do not choose "Receiver = DVB-T", choose "Receiver = ModeS Beast (TCP)" and "Host/port = 127.0.0.1:30005"

In web browser go to following address to access Settings page
    IP-of-Pi:8754/settings.html
    After making any changes, click "Save" button then "Restart" button.
    Both these buttons are at bottom-right of settoings page.
    Please see screeshot of settings page below.

FR24 settings - External dump1090 - BEAST-TCP.png

NOTE 2:
    In this forum, to post code, do not use ``` . Instead use [/code] below and [code] above.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-06, 08:08.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Run this script if the instructions are too much for you:
    https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...or-dump1090-fa

Or just get the bundle:
    https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...for-dump1090fa

After that run the airspy-conf script if you are using an Airspy.
    (if you have already run it, run it again!)

My guess you didn't install dump1090-fa.
    Which airspy-conf requires and the instructions on how to configure fr24feed also require.

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    root@odroidxu4:~# fr24feed-status
    * FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running
    * FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-10-06 04:48:21
    * FR24 Link: connected [UDP]
    * FR24 Radar: T-YGDH1
    * FR24 Tracked AC:
    * Receiver: down
    * FR24 MLAT: not running

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    I am aming for just a FR24 application. I may add flightaware feed later, but those scripts you have made look fairly straight forward.

Leave a comment:

• orion_jb2001
    replied
    ```
    Architecture: armv7l
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 8
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 4
    Socket(s): 2
    Vendor ID: ARM
    Model: 3
    Model name: Cortex-A7
    Stepping: r0p3
    CPU max MHz: 2000.0000
    CPU min MHz: 200.0000
    BogoMIPS: 90.00
    Flags: half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae
    ```

Leave a comment:

Working...
X