Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About FR24feed log file..? How to view and suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Only with third party tools like VRS or mysql database writers

That's why he suggested turning on the output

Leave a comment:

• Alexm35
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan View Post

No, the log file does not show any such info. If you want to log aircraft data, you will have to enable basestation/decoded data output in the config file (/etc/fr24feed.ini) (make sure bs="yes" there), and then read the data from port 30003.
    Thank you Kan for the help (bs is set to "yes"). However, is there any chance i can get it into a log. My thing is, i live in a country (since march) where there is some planes from UN, and a lot of planes that come here once and use planes that are rare here. So, in the end of the day, after work, i would like to understand what kind of planes were here by the day. Some days will be the normal 5 daily comercial flights but, some days we have medichal planes, UN planes etc.
    So, my goal is to arrive after the day wrok and retrieve the planes my 2 PI got .
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexm35 View Post
    Hi Guys
    My question is: Is possible to log the aircraft data? i see my log once a day, and i cant see the planes my Pi got during the day.
    Is there any chance to put this information into the log file?

Thanks
    No, the log file does not show any such info. If you want to log aircraft data, you will have to enable basestation/decoded data output in the config file (/etc/fr24feed.ini) (make sure bs="yes" there), and then read the data from port 30003.

Leave a comment:

• Alexm35
    replied
    Hi Guys
    My question is: Is possible to log the aircraft data? i see my log once a day, and i cant see the planes my Pi got during the day.
    Is there any chance to put this information into the log file?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Yeah i've removed the auto updating and other stuff of fr24feed that's unnecessary (in my opinion).
    Also most of the regular status updates are reduced to something that's not quite so verbose.

The journal feed is by default managed in memory so a reboot will remove it.
    The log is only in the journal feed indeed. (you could still activate the log file via the settings but i would recommend against it).

Anyhow it's just my preference.

Oh .. i suppose this thing described above doesn't change quite as much ...
    I've refined this and written steps to follow here: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Really ... i will stop corresponding on the subject because either you give it a try or not, bit unnecessary to type so many words.
    And before you ask it works nicely with readsb or dump1090-fa ... they do much of the same just a bit of a different feature set.
    dump1090-mutability is just outdated ... the author is now maintaining dump1090-fa.

Leave a comment:

• folkeorg
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    You want the full log or only the errors?

You can modify the systemd service file to make fr24feed ouput log to the systemd journal.
    I've modified mine extensively to only give out errors and the occasional mlat stats (once very few hours)

You can download either one of the following files, this one is with minimal output:
    Code:
    wget -q -O /tmp/fr24feed.service https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/adsb-scripts/master/fr24feed.service
    To get the complete output you can use this service file:
    Code:
    wget -q -O /tmp/fr24feed.service https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/adsb-scripts/master/fr24feed.service.all
    To actually put one of the above service files in place, use these commands:

Code:
    sudo cp /tmp/fr24feed.service /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service
    sudo systemctl daemon-reload
    sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    Now you can browse the log or even follow it live:

Code:
    sudo journalctl -u fr24feed -n3000
    sudo journalctl -u fr24feed -f

Oh by default the journal will only be kept in memory and not in disk.
    So it won't fill up your disk and be automatically truncated.
    So, what is the big difference here?
    No more log to file? At all?
    More/less information in the journal-feed than in the log file?

Apart from that there are no changes?

I note that the
    /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service -file is quite different.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Use Bitvise ssh CLIENT.
    It has both SSH window like PuTTY, and a SFTP file transfer window like FileZilla.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You can already copy files with scp on the OS X console, just google for the syntax.

Or search for graphical scp OS X if you don't want to use the console.

Leave a comment:

• LunarM27
    replied
    Tnx.
    What is the best free software for Mac?

And as regarding the commands you gave me, I understood having to copy and paste text... I am just wondering how to copy files from RPi to the Mac and not vice versa... Apologies if my question may looks stupid... I am just new in this...

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You can use WinScp or FileZilla.

But the commands i gave will download the files onto the RPi.
    So you don't even need them on your computer but will transfer them directly to the RPi.

Leave a comment:

• LunarM27
    replied
    Thanks. That is understood. However this is a way to copy and paste text. I was wondering if there is a way to copy files directly...

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    LunarM27:

Copy-pate between desktop and Pi is given in the thread I linked above. See the writeup on screenshot in item 3

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    3 - How To Copy-Paste Text To / From PuTTY

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11001[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-08-05, 20:53.

Leave a comment:

• LunarM27
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    The logging i'm proposing uses a different system from the log settings in the fr24 configuration.
    Thanks, understood

Leave a comment:

• LunarM27
    replied
    Hi abcd567, I used exactly the link you suggested a few days ago to configure everything and control RPI from desktop.
    However I cannot figure out how to copy and paste files from RPI to Desktop. Everything stays in the terminal window.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied

How To Access and Control RPi from Desktop/Laptop using SSH

How To Enable WiFi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X