Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747skipper
    replied
    I started with an image but it didn't work as advertised so I've been trying suggestions since.
    What image do you recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by 747skipper View Post
    Oblivian:

Reason I can't tell you what install package I used is because there are so many confusing different posts.

Can you give me a link to a Raspberry pi suitable image for the SD card and I'll start again.

I'm using the same stick I have uses successfully under
    Windows before I was forced to Linux.
    When in Windows it is reported as RTL2832U

I'll start again from the top with what ever package you recommend.
    Regards
    David
    That may be.

But you either followed someone's instructions.

And did lots of manual steps.

Or applied an automated image via fr24s website. Which is about 3 steps.

Both have very different outcomes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 747skipper
    replied
    Oblivian:

Reason I can't tell you what install package I used is because there are so many confusing different posts.

Can you give me a link to a Raspberry pi suitable image for the SD card and I'll start again.

I'm using the same stick I have uses successfully under
    Windows before I was forced to Linux.
    When in Windows it is reported as RTL2832U

I'll start again from the top with what ever package you recommend.
    Regards
    David

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    This command needs to work first:

sudo apt update

It won't find dump1090-fa otherwise.

Have you tried disabling IPv6 like i suggested?
    Code:
    sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
    sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
    Then try my script again.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-21, 12:18.

Leave a comment:

• 747skipper
    replied
    wiedehopf:
    I have since tried the manual installation and all went well (although VERY slowly at times) until the last line:

sudo apt install -y dump1090-fa

When it reported it could not find dump1090-fa

Any thoughts?
    D

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    The problem is the start of the command line at the front. (pi@raspberrypi:~ $)

I'll just clear the console, that should do it.
    But often the following command line is posted as well.
    Still less offending stuff.

Most of the time they don't need to post the output of that script anyway as it usually works

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Ahh yep, RTL2382 mention was buried in there too.

To be fair I often skip most the extra stuff unless its pretty clear in short n sweet details (kinda why I requested a short checklist template to get it out front first)

I've tried to add 'dont use @s' in as many places as I can. But still occurs.

Ones you can't remove in the result or in-line (if they include the command run)?

A regex match should be able to null it if a result. or a charshift 6-rightor similar

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Oblivian:

He mentioned somewhere he's running an rtl2822 and tested that stick on windows to confirm it's working with the aerial.
    I assume somehow fr24feed failed to install dump1090 (he mentioned package install).

Maybe that failure was already due to apt install or wget not working due to the name resolution problems he is having.

Anyway i've changed my script to eliminate http:// and @ from the output, so if people post it you don't need to change as much to Rhubarb in the future.
    I was quite confused and looked for apt error with Rhubarb in the error output, the theme being very raspberry like i suspected a clone of Raspbian or something
    The pi@pi on the command line though is something i can't fix :/

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    747skipper:

Oblivian: The install script fixes the fr24feed configuration and sets it to beast-tcp and assigns correct host and port.
    But this configuration wasn't yet changed because there were errors install dump1090-fa.
    !
    That may be.

But his first image - no port is set, just DVBT.

And the current one, DVBT and a port/IP of 30002 set

And we know how well that works.

So without knowing still what instructions were used to set it up. It may well have been the Mutability install ABCD did, and it's running as a service (being busted when going DVBT again)

I know yours will likely fix that, but we still don't know if its actually a DVBT/SDR either.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    747skipper:

Most likely you are having a problem with IPv6.

Use these commands and run the install script again, hopefully it works this time.

Code:
    sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
    sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
    Try the install script a few times if it doesn't work at first, maybe the connection is just intermittent.

Oblivian: The install script fixes the fr24feed configuration and sets it to beast-tcp and assigns correct host and port.
    But this configuration wasn't yet changed because there were errors install dump1090-fa.

If you want to move stuff to a new thread, maybe just put the username in the thread title
    Anyway thanks for the efforts i'll shut up now and let you do as you wish!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I think you should be focusing on ensuring you have the right receiver/device type before replacing the feeder software - it shouldn't be reading 0

Depending on the method first setup it should have been fire and forget.
    Host/IP should have been left blank per your earlier shot. Unless you followed some instructions and it is now only partly configured for one method while installing the other (IE type Beast-TCP IP/Port localhost:30005 instead)

Can you go back and answer the previous questions

Hi folks, I made the transition from windows to Raspberry and have got it working even if I have now got a new feed name. It's on the same network and the router shows it at 192.168.0.22/24 when I finished installing it there were two addresses which would show me the statistics and the planes being tracked. hopefully I

First things first. Which instructions did you use to image the device. A guide here, or the very vague website ones? Some have additional steps that may have changed the way things work depending on which you follow.

Your best method for diagnosis. Is turn on logging. Or stop the feeder. And start it while watching full output for errors.

sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
    sudo fr24feed

ctrl-z will cancel it once you see whats wrong. Chances are, it will be reporting error -6 because dump1090 has crashed and still running. A reboot and then re-checking the status is the best way to confirm this.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post74834

Leave a comment:

• 747skipper
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    747skipper:
    So it seems your RPi has DNS problems.

You can try this
    Code:
    sudo sed -i -e '0,/nameserver/{s/nameserver.*/nameserver 8.8.8.8/}' /etc/resolv.conf
    Then try the install script again.

wiedehopf:
    Don't know if my last reply posted or not.
    I've tried twice with same result.
    Your line quoted above ran fine.

But the install failed again with DNS errors:
    The following additional packages will be installed:
    bladerf bladerf-fpga-hostedx40 libbladerf-udev libbladerf1 libtecla1
    Suggested packages:
    bladerf-firmware
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    bladerf bladerf-fpga-hostedx40 dump1090-fa libbladerf-udev libbladerf1
    libtecla1
    0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 93 not upgraded.
    Need to get 2,515 kB of archives.

6 counts of "Temporary failure resolving 'flightaware.com'"

Accessed "raspbian.raspberrypi.org/" in chrome and get normal display INDEX OF ROOT display

Any more ideas or is it time to reformat the SD and start over????
    D

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Fine, Better?

I actually wan't to go on a prune. And lock things down to ABCDs guides.

And a couple of merged similar-fault topic based threads while renaming them

Recently did this for the pre feeder v20 threads that had their own issues totally different. Cause people were referring to old OS instructions that no longer exist

Theres a bit of an issue with users and search terms - a few too many people digging up ancient ones for one thing, then steering off to something unrelated that was addressed in newer ones and you end up with contamination.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    747skipper:
    So it seems your RPi has DNS problems.

You can try this
    Code:
    sudo sed -i -e '0,/nameserver/{s/nameserver.*/nameserver 8.8.8.8/}' /etc/resolv.conf
    Then try the install script again.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-21, 09:10.

Leave a comment:

• 747skipper
    replied
    Hi wiedehopf
    here is my Current status and config.

fr24 status 21July2019.jpg
    fr24 21July2019.jpg

Regards
    David

Leave a comment:

Working...
X