Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner - Setup successfully on PIAWare, but no aircrafts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beginner - Setup successfully on PIAWare, but no aircrafts

    Hi all

    i'm a beginner with tracking and feeding. Today i've received my ordered bundle with a Raspberry 3 B with power supply, case and cables, the Flightaware Pro Plus stick and an indoor antenna.
    I've installed the latest PIAware image and the device is running fine with Flightaware, i am deeply impressed about the range of the indoor antenna behind a window on upper floor.

    Now i've installed additionally the FR24 Feeder based on the instructions here in the forum. Everything seem fine, but the amount of Aircrafts is "0" and no data are uploaded to FR24

    Output of Status:
    pi@piaware:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-07-18 19:04:14.
    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EDFH53.
    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (0 MSGS/ SYNC).
    [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

    Attached also the config screen of the web interface. I've selected ModeS Beast (TCP) as instructed.
    FR24settings.jpg

    Any ideas how to fix that would be appreciated.

    Uwe

  • #2
    Post screenshot of following web page:

    IP-of-PI:8754/settings.html

    (Remove your fr24 key from screenshot befire posting).

    .

    Comment


    • #3
      here we go:

      fr24settings2.jpg

      Comment


      • #4
        I got it running!

        Changed the port from 30002 to 30005

        fr24status.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          :30005 from :30002

          /Edit snap

          Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

          Comment


          • #6
            Sometimes reading more carefully can prevent stupid questions

            Thanks for your support

            Comment


            • #7
              It still amazes us that there hasn't been a re released fix version /removed option with the number of times it's pooped up and we've pointed it out as a bug

              Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

              Comment


              • #8
                Other quick question:

                The tracking is running, my page on FR24 says "Receiver online and sending data", but the values are still "0"
                Does this take a while?

                I also received a confirmation from FR24 for beeing a feeder and that my account has been upgraded. But it still shows "Silver" as i had before.
                That's the less critical question

                /EDIT: Forget it, Stats are working now. It took a few minutes to update.
                Last edited by magnum; 2019-07-18, 19:37.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  It still amazes us that there hasn't been a re released fix version /removed option with the number of times it's pooped up and we've pointed it out as a bug

                  Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                  I was searching for my problem here in Forum and stumbled across the wrong port number only by chance. Sorry for it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The thing with the port number: you should be able to use AVR format from port 30002, but that is buggy, beast from 30005 works much better.
                    (that's bug was what oblivian was referring to)

                    Anyway, get yourself some graphs, they look nice: https://github.com/wiedehopf/graphs1090#graphs1090

                    Indoor antennas are usually whip antennas, those can be greatly improved:
                    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...h-DVB-T-Dongle

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                      The thing with the port number: you should be able to use AVR format from port 30002, but that is buggy, beast from 30005 works much better.
                      (that's bug was what oblivian was referring to)

                      Anyway, get yourself some graphs, they look nice: https://github.com/wiedehopf/graphs1090#graphs1090

                      Indoor antennas are usually whip antennas, those can be greatly improved:
                      https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...h-DVB-T-Dongle
                      The graphs are already running, this was the third thing i installed on the device ;-)
                      fr24-graph.jpg

                      For the antenna i am good so far. Living close to EDDF with lots of traffic. Range shows 100 NM with some peaks up to 150 NM. I will check the antenna improvements later, maybe i go with an outside one.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by magnum View Post
                        I was searching for my problem here in Forum and stumbled across the wrong port number only by chance. Sorry for it.
                        That was a dig at the devlopers, not the fact you didn't see it straight away
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          To improve range/plane count, place antenna:
                          (1) Near a window
                          (2) Over a metal plate or food can

                          Mag-mountWhip on Food Can and Near Window.jpg Optimized-Whip-on-Plate.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                            To improve range/plane count, place antenna:
                            (1) Near a window
                            (2) Over a metal plate or food can

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10920[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10921[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks for your hints, the antenna is already close to a window in my rooftop home office. Good suggestion with the metal plate, will give it a try.
                            The antenna is already catching signals from up to 240 km stable with some peaks of up to 300 km

                            The interesting fact is that i have a 360 view documented on my stats pages, even if there is only one windows heading east
                            Seem to be the receiver FR Pro Plus is really good.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have another question, not directly related to the feeders, but the 1090 Graphs. Question should go to @wiedehopf but maybe interesting for others.

                              In the graph i do not have charts for "CPU utilization". It only shows a link as text with a placeholder for a broken image, which ends up in an error 404 while clicking on it.

                              Any idea why the CPU overall utilization is not shown?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X