Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchyb
    replied
    Will try that. But it is not good news. For a dongle just about a week "old"

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    "no supported devices found"

That's not a good sign.
    Try another USB port but probably the stick is done.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchyb
    replied
    Dear Wiedehopf,

thank you for the fast reply.
    I use the original Raspberry 5,1 V 2,5A power supply, as recommended for the P13B+b

Here is the output of your test. No device found
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wiki/master/rtl_test.sh)"
    --2019-06-23 13:06:09-- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wi...er/rtl_test.sh
    Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 151.101.36.133
    Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|151.101.36.133|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1341 (1.3K) [text/plain]
    Saving to: 'STDOUT'

- 100%[===================>] 1.31K --.-KB/s in 0s

2019-06-23 13:06:09 (14.6 MB/s) - written to stdout [1341/1341]

-----
    Starting 30 second rtl_test, standby!
    -----
    No supported devices found.
    -----
    Test finished, there should be no or only few lost samples!
    Many lost samples or other errors probably mean the receiver isn't working correctly.
    Try another power supply before condemning the receiver though!

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    What sd-card image are you using for the Raspberry Pi?
    The rtl_test you did is generally the way to test the stick. (Edit: or was that someone else?)

If you are starting from a Raspbian Stretch sd-card image you can install just rtl-sdr (sudo apt install rtl-sdr) and wait with installing feeding software.
    Then just use sudo rtl_test to check the dongle.

What kind of power supply are you using?
    That sometimes also is a problem but usually you don't get a USB claim error.

Just to exclude user error, try this script which runs rtl_test and show the output:

Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wiki/master/rtl_test.sh)"
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-06-23, 11:56.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchyb
    started a topic How to test jettison DVB-T dongle

How to test jettison DVB-T dongle

Good afternoon,

I am facing a lot of troubles feeding data. Spend two days reading forums and tried all the solutions given. Till two days ago I was able to feed data to Flightradar24, and than at 8 am it suddenly stopped.
    Formatted my SD micro card ,again and again. Installed the fr24 software. I was able to see my raspberry. Did the suggested tests.
    Is says no receiver found. So started all over again. Tries other tracking software as well. Same results.
    To be sure my dongle is Ok I would like to "test" the dongle. Is there a way to do so? I am working with a Mac, I searched the internet, but could not find anything I could use.

used the Fr24 steps top install a new system, the first time it worked perfectly. read all the steps and used all setting given by the gurus here on the forum, but no luck.
    Perhaps I should mention I am new to this, and do not have knowledge of Linux and/or Raspberry.
    If the dongle is not Ok I can contact Jetvisioin again, asking for their help. The dongle is brand new.
    I "just" want to have a working device and enjoy flighttracking.

Thanks,
Working...
X