• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ramimz
    replied
    Hi.
    I have one extra 3B RPi, and I like to create another feed station
    feed to some website at the same time.
    Flightradar24, Flightaware, Radarbox24 and adsbexchange.

what is the best order to install them ?
    and which image should I use, Pi24, PiAware, or RPi fresh installation ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by ramimz; 2024-03-27, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• highchain
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

After signup and restart, if you immediately run fr24feed-status command, it will show receiver failed. Wait at least 5 minutes after restart, and then run the command fr24feed-status

Makes no difference. Even after 24 hours it is still "failed"

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by highchain View Post
    All, I have a raspi 3 and worked all good. I wrote the latest fr image onto a 16 GB card

power everything up, followed the sign up process but when using fr24feed-status I get Feeder/Decoder failed....

Any idea? It was a fresh install, no other feeder install.

Thanks for any advice,

Marcus
    After signup and restart, if you immediately run fr24feed-status command, it will show receiver failed. Wait at least 5 minutes after restart, and then run the command fr24feed-status

Leave a comment:

• highchain
    replied
    All, I have a raspi 3 and worked all good. I wrote the latest fr image onto a 16 GB card power everything up, followed the sign up process but when using fr24feed-status I get Feeder/Decoder failed....

Any idea? It was a fresh install, no other feeder install.

Thanks for any advice,

Marcus

Leave a comment:

• denis.innocenti
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    Today I repeated writing Pi24 image to microSD card using Raspberry Pi Imager. Result was exactly same as described in my post above, i.e. on first power up, SSH through WiFi failed, but on disconnecting power, then reconnecting power to Pi, SSH on WiFi started working.
    This suggestion will be useful for sure in the future...
    I then describe again what I experienced while trying to put the system online again (YES; it's working, I can see my feed and my results are satisfactory for the time being).

I did connect the PI to a power bank shared with an other device (WSPR transmitter), like a definitive setup; In this way it wasn't getting online due to poor power feeding. It did work with computer usb feeding and of course with a dedicated supplier.

End the game, I solved and I got my goal reached.

THANKS again ABCD567 for your help, suggestions and patience.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Today I repeated writing Pi24 image to microSD card using Raspberry Pi Imager. Result was exactly same as described in my post above, i.e. on first power up, SSH through WiFi failed, but on disconnecting power, then reconnecting power to Pi, SSH on WiFi started working.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    denis.innocenti

Yesterday I wrote latest P124 image (Bookworm based) to microSD card using Raspberry Pi Imager.

In the Imager, I set
    • User name and user password (username=pi and password=raspberry, but it can be anything else also)
    • Enabled SSH
    • WiFi SSID and WiFi passworder

After Imager finished writing Pi24 OS on microSD card, I slipped microSD card in RPi, and powered up. Waited for 5 minutes and tried to SSH on WiFi,but no success.

I then disconnected power from RPi, and after 30 sec, reconnected power. Waited for about 2 minutes, then tried to SSH on WiFi, and this time I succeeded.

Leave a comment:

• denis.innocenti
    replied
    UPDATE...

First of all:
    HUGE standing ovation for the patience of ABCD567 and willing to support.

Then, I DUNNOWHY I DUNNO HOW, but in this moment the FR24 feeding is in progress and up to now I really can't explain how it did work.

I did as follows quoting ABCD567:
    "On Pi Zero W, instead of Pi24 image, use RaspberryPi OS image using RaspberryPi Imager

When choosing Operating System Image, choose "Raspberry Pi OS (other)", and in new dialog opened choose 32-bit Lite image (i.e. the one without Desktop)

You can configure WiFi SSID and Password through Imager.

Next slip micoSD card in Pi Zero W, and power up
    .​"... uo to here; UNABLE to get into PI with SSH, had to add the command "rm ~/.ssh/known_hosts".
    even after that and typing "yes" to the instructions received, I was unable to SSH the PI at the (finally) found IP address.
    Then I reinstalled the FR24 image with RPI Imager (to try) and ...pufff, I found it connected to the wifi and... feeding the net. I just disconnected the PI to connect it to a continuous DC source and...connection lost.

Now let's see what happens, something gave some sign of life...

THANK YOU very much for your patience...ABCD567

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    denis.innocenti

On Pi Zero W, instead of Pi24 image, use RaspberryPi OS image using RaspberryPi Imager

When choosing Operating System Image, choose "Raspberry Pi OS (other)", and in new dialog opened choose 32-bit Lite image (i.e. the one without Desktop)

You can configure WiFi SSID and Password through Imager.

Next slip micoSD card in Pi Zero W, and power up. Then SSH to Pi and insall fr24feed using fllowing command

Code:
    sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

Follow this guide:

Last edited by abcd567; 2024-02-07, 03:29.

Leave a comment:

• denis.innocenti
    replied
    I tried...or at least I made some attempts

I used a lan cabe USB adapter, since RPI 2w has no lan port.

There's no way to spot it on the home net...!!! I have some unknown devices, but at their IP address I don't receive any answer (refused port 22, timed out or with a non resolutionary password request when I SSH it; "raspberry" doesn't work, the admin password I set for FR24 image doesn't respond as well).
    The jump from the terrace (2nd floor) is approaching...who knows if the flight will be monitored by FR24...?
    I will appreciate any help (or direction where to throw RPI )

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    WIFI ACTIVATION ON CURRENT PI24 IMAGE

(Adding file wpa_supplicant.conf in /boot partition no more activates WiFi)

(1) Connect Network cable to Pi Zero W.

(2) Find iths ethernet IP address alloted by the Router.

(3) SSH to Pi using its ethernet IP address.

(4) Issue following command

Code:
    sudo raspi-config
    (5) Following dialog will open. Highlight "System Options" and press Enter Key

Screenshot_20240202_202629_Termux.jpg

(6) Following dialog will open. Highlight "Wireless Lan" and press Enter Key. This will open new dialog. Enter your WiFi SSID and Password and complete WiFi configuration.

Screenshot_20240202_202701_Termux.jpg

(7) Reboot Pi. After reboot issue following command

Code:
    ip a
    In the output of this command under wlan0, you will find IP address for connection via WiFi

Leave a comment:

• denis.innocenti
    replied
    Hello Community,
    I'm in deep depression after discovering that Raspberry-pi & FR24 setup is not plug&play, or at least....with minor adjustments.

I have RPI Zero 2W (bought with "starter kit", so the sd card is included and supposed to be ok), the RTL dongle and I use Mac OS (but this is meaningless ,I suppose)

I did ALL the steps as described in the previous pages tutorial, I did upload the FR24-raspberry-pi-latest OS on the SD card with "raspberry-pi Imager" for Mac OS inserting all the modification suggested (compulsory, just to have username and password, as well as wifi settings), followed by modifing the spa_supplicant.conf file as perfectly described in these pages with all national id, added lines, saved properly and all, I bet, but... I wasn't able to go any further.

I CAN'T SEE my RPI on the network, on my ip list (on the wifi), and therefore the device is not seen by the FR feeding feedback...it's not connected to the wifi! and can't set it online

I am sure the RPI works because I was able to connect it to a screen, and it makes its own boot displaying FR24 logo and instructions (like to enter in linux mode) but doesn't display (even in that page) its own IP address.

I will throw it outside the window in few days If I won't find a solution. I know some of you will be waiting for that... but I'd like to feed FR24 as well!

Is anyone here willing to give me some hint? Except asking the exact time of when I will let if jump the window...
    Of course, this is my first RPI experience, but I bet you already understood it.
    I will appreciate every word you will reply to me IOT to let it work.
    Last edited by denis.innocenti; 2024-02-02, 18:25.

Leave a comment:

• jose villarreal
    replied
    Greetings to all those who feed data to FR24.

I wanted to know if here in the forum there are people who are interested or would like FLIGHTRADAR24 to develop an image where we can add to our receivers those who have their own equipment, a screen that displays information or data as FLIGHTAWARE shows in their piaware with LCD image, where we can choose between several images.

As you already know FR24 has incorporated to its own equipment an Oled screen that shows your information ℹ

I am sure that a large part of the users would be interested in an image to add a screen, as well as there may be another large part that is not interested.

I would like the FR24 team to conduct a survey at this time to see what acceptance could have to add a screen to a device that is not supplied by themselves and in which as myself I would like to have it at home and that my receiver has that GUI or interface to interact and not only to enter the local network through the browser.

Image attached as an example or reference, I do not have the author's credits.

Best regards
    TI2JDV
    CR​
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jose villarreal
    replied
    Absurd question, can I burn the fr24 image on a usb and have it work instead of a micro card?

Is it possible, how can I do it or where can I find a guide, tutorial or explanation to do it?​

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by UTWhit View Post
    I've believe I've followed the very good instructions, but I cannot telnet into the unit. Are the "" quotes required on the SSID and password in the wpa_supplicant.conf file?
    Better provide quotes around SSID and Password. This is my wpa_supplicant.conf, and works perfectly well:

Code:
    country=CA
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1

network={
    ssid="censored"
    psk="censored"
    }

Leave a comment:

Working...
X