X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by UTWhit View Post
    I've believe I've followed the very good instructions, but I cannot telnet into the unit. Are the "" quotes required on the SSID and password in the wpa_supplicant.conf file?
    Better provide quotes around SSID and Password. This is my wpa_supplicant.conf, and works perfectly well:

Code:
    country=CA
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1

network={
    ssid="censored"
    psk="censored"
    }

Leave a comment:

• UTWhit
    replied
    I had a Micro SD card fail on one of my Raspberry Pi 3+ but now attempting to install a new image on a 16Gb card. I have used both Etcher and the Raspberry OS imager software with the same results.
    After writing image, finding the "wpa_supplicant.conf" file, edit to add wireless SSID and password. SSH is also on the boot directory. Once I've made the changes, installing card into PI, then trying to boot, the Pi does not show on the network map.
    I've believe I've followed the very good instructions, but I cannot telnet into the unit. Are the "" quotes required on the SSID and password in the wpa_supplicant.conf file?
    Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. THis unit has run for a number of years with minimum problems though I had not updated the software for a few months.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Forget MLAT.

They only want it from people feeding noone else but FR24 (with 'DVBT' as tuner, and that breaks other stuff)

Leave a comment:

• bartasmosina
    replied
    abcd567

Super thanks a lot this helped and now after every reboot the radar works properly. Only MLAT is not working all the time. Yesterday before the reboot it started after about 5 minutes when the radar caught some planes. Now I had some planes visible, but the MLAT service is not working. In the settings on ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html it is enabled.

mlat2.png

mlat.png

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    bartasmosina

Issue following reconfigure command.

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

It will open a window with first question about auto start. If it is set to "NO", then change it to "YES", then keep on pressing Enter key to accept all other settings till the window closes, and REBOOT RPi, and you are done with.

dump1090-mutability_reconfigure.png

Leave a comment:

• bartasmosina
    replied
    abcd567

I did everything as you described, unfortunately it didn't help, and some ajax error appeared in dump1090. Everything is visible on pictures.
    20220209_124606.jpg
    20220209_124545.jpg
    20220209_124436.jpg

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    bartasmosina

Please change settings at
    ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html

as follows and click Save button and after saving click Restart button. Both these buttons are at bottom-right corner of settings page

(1) Change
    Received DVB-T
    to
    Receiver AVR (TCP)

Add host
    127.0.0.1:30002

Raw Data NO
    (30002/30334)

Decoded data NO
    (30003)

Restart fr24feed

Please see screens hot below.

FR24 setting AVR tcp.jpg
    Last edited by abcd567; 2022-02-09, 11:06.

Leave a comment:

• bartasmosina
    replied
    Hello,
    I have Raspberry version 3b+, DVBT dongle NEWGEN.RTL2832 SDR TCXO 0.5 PPM.
    Yesterday I installed the latest PI24 image available on Flightradar24 website.

Activation process went well, I received the key and my receiver status showed as online in flightradar24. After some time I had information about first flights on stats page.

Everything seemed to work correctly, but on dump1090 page I had no station location marker and no characteristic circles. When restarting the map it always loaded far from my location. I entered latitude and longitude correctly, mlat enabled.

On Rpi_ip:8754 page everything is green, including number of tracked planes, on dump1090 map planes also appeared.

I tried to solve the problem of missing my location marker and circles without success, which forced me to format the sd card and install the image again. After booting I used the commands from the manual:

"Otherwise please find your sharing key and start the configuration process by executing:
    sudo fr24feed --reconfigure --fr24key=0123456789ABCDEF
    D - Complete the configuration wizard and start sharing your data by typing:
    sudo service fr24feed start (For user using older version of the Operating
    system i.e. Wheezy)
    sudo systemctl start fr24feed (For users using latest version i.e. Stretch)
    During the next system restart our decoder/feeder will start automatically.
    You can check FR24 Feeder's status any time by executing:
    "fr24feed-status"

After configuring the Feeder I made the dump1090 configuration with the command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability "

After these steps in fr24feed-status everything was green, only Mlat was red. After about 3 minutes the mlat turned green. Everything worked the same as it did in the beginning. Only the marker of my location and circles were missing.

I decided to leave it like this and ask for help on the forum. I decided to move Rpi to the target location by first shutting it down with "sudo shutdown -h now" command.

After restarting it, my location marker and circles appeared on the dump1090 map. The planes are visible, however the Rpi_ip:8754 page is all green, except for Aircraft Tracked and Aircraft Uploaded, which are yellow all the time and no numbers appear there.

page Rpi_ip:8754
    Linux/generic/static_armel/1.0.28-1Updated: 09:33:35 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)

FR24 Link:Connected via UDP - green
    FR24 Radar Code:T-******* - green
    Local IP(s):192.168.*.***, fe**::1afb:fc**:d6a7:5*** - green
    Aircraft Tracked:
    (ModeS & ADS-B)0 - yellow
    Aircraft Uploaded:0 - yellow
    Receiver:dvbt, Connected - green
    MLAT running: Yes - green

fr24feed-status
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ fr24feed-status
    [....] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running[ ok .
    [....] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2022-02-09 07:27:12[ ok .
    [....] FR24 Link: connected [UDP][ ok .
    [....] FR24 Radar: T-EPPO181[ ok .
    [....] FR24 Tracked AC: 0[ ok .
    [....] Receiver: down ...[FAIL failed!
    [....] FR24 MLAT: not running ...[FAIL failed!
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Please help me with the settings. Data currently not being transferred to fr24, receiver status online. a dump1090 map location marker and circles visible, aircraft and flight data visible.

Leave a comment:

• N@sh
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    The current image will run on the pi2 just fine.

You could also start with a regular raspbian like so: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Though CPU will be a limiting factor
    hey, thanks a lot. Sorry for the late reply. Will give it a try here in the near future and see what happens

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    The current image will run on the pi2 just fine.

You could also start with a regular raspbian like so: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ADS-B-receiver

Though CPU will be a limiting factor

Leave a comment:

• N@sh
    replied
    Hi together,

I wanted to get my old feeder back up and working and it looks like the SD card crashed. My problem is, i have an older Rasperry Pi. Is there an old image of PI24 still available which runs on the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B? Could someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Siphon
    replied
    Ok It's working
    Thank a lot Wiedehopf !

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    first line is what you should do.

second line is what the issue was (repo 7.1 but you need repo 6.1)

Leave a comment:

• Siphon
    replied
    So if i understand ,i put 7.1 in place of 6.1 in the string? or not...
    Ah ok i need 6.1 , I think...

My english is not that good sorry.
    Last edited by Siphon; 2022-01-22, 21:28.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Just use those steps: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...aware-optional

You're on buster but used 7.1 which is for bullseye.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X