DD-WRT direct Feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which dump1090 version is it?

(MLAT forwarding being off is the correct setting by the way, don't change that)

I suppose they not so much want to disable the Windows feeders but more generally feeds which rely on the non-raw data Basestation format.
    Or it was just because your feeder version was so old and they want to disable the feed for that reason. And the reason given was Windows because well why give an accurate reason...
    They could have just written which formats are acceptable and which are not or what the exact policies are.
    But the information towards feeders is always lacking. No idea why they can't communicate with their feeders, it's puzzling.

You should be able to specify your position on the stats page and enable MLAT in the fr24feed.ini

It will not show you results on your local map though.
    Only some MLAT networks like flightaware and ADSBexchange do that.

And for that to work without problems you need dump1090 mutability 1.15 which needs to be compiled from source.
    You can also use a current version of dump1090-fa

If you have dump1090 mutability version 1.14 then MLAT data will be given to the feeders and it will produce bad data.

Anyway seems the reason for them stopping your feed was most likely just the very old feed software version

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
      Which dump1090 version is it?

(MLAT forwarding being off is the correct setting by the way, don't change that)

I suppose they not so much want to disable the Windows feeders but more generally feeds which rely on the non-raw data Basestation format.
      Or it was just because your feeder version was so old and they want to disable the feed for that reason. And the reason given was Windows because well why give an accurate reason...
      They could have just written which formats are acceptable and which are not or what the exact policies are.
      But the information towards feeders is always lacking. No idea why they can't communicate with their feeders, it's puzzling.

You should be able to specify your position on the stats page and enable MLAT in the fr24feed.ini

It will not show you results on your local map though.
      Only some MLAT networks like flightaware and ADSBexchange do that.

And for that to work without problems you need dump1090 mutability 1.15 which needs to be compiled from source.
      You can also use a current version of dump1090-fa

If you have dump1090 mutability version 1.14 then MLAT data will be given to the feeders and it will produce bad data.

Anyway seems the reason for them stopping your feed was most likely just the very old feed software version
      I think it is pretty sure, that they disabled the old feeder, and it caused this situation. I have two configs with different versions of dump, I am upgrading the older router right now, and both feeder got the same error. With the new key it worked immediately.

I agree that they did not do fair enough their communication. They have all accounts' email. It is pretty easy to send an email to us what the expected is about upgrading or old feeder software's outfasing.

Currently I do not turn on the MLAT, because I can not control my dump1090's version. It is downloaded from the openwrt repo and I can not compile special version.

This is the version that I use:

T-ENGM162 ex T-ENHA4, T-ENGM86, T-LHBP22

My photos - Planespotters
      My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

After reading through lots of posts regarding MLAT, there shouldn't be any problems turning on MLAT.

Comment

The FR24 MLAT is NOT fed back to receiver, so no problem of dump1090 version.

If FlightAware or Adsbexchange is fed, then the dump1090 receives mlat feedback. This feedback is kept isolated from locally received messages by dump1090-mut ver 1.15 and dump1090-fa. The dump1090-mut ver 1.14 and Malcolm Robb do not have provision to keep them isolated.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
            After reading through lots of posts regarding MLAT, there shouldn't be any problems turning on MLAT.
            It is turned on and it looks like as it is working properly.

[mlat][i]Received ADS-B time references AC:
            [mlat][i] 440CB1
            [mlat][i] 4780C0
            [mlat][i] 478353
            [mlat][i] 47840C
            [mlat][i] 47840D
            [mlat][i] 478534
            [mlat][i] 478535
            [mlat][i] 478536
            [mlat][i] 47873E
            [mlat][i] 47A6CE
            [mlat][i] 4AC954
            [mlat][i] 4CA6B6
            [mlat][i] 4CA7A4
            [mlat][i] 4CA867
            [mlat][i] 4CAA58
            [mlat][i] 4D2130
            [mlat][i] 896343
            [mlat][i] AA463E
            [feed][i]sent 13, filtered 7 AC in 1 packet
            T-ENGM162 ex T-ENHA4, T-ENGM86, T-LHBP22

My photos - Planespotters
            My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

The real check for it working is the Stats line being displayed occasionally.
              (With increasing numbers)

The other stuff just mean it's trying to work

Comment

Working...
              X