Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD-WRT direct Feeding

Hi!

I have two openwrt/RTL2838 DVB-T/dump1090 config on two routers of course with two keys.

I used older feeder client on linux and I would like to upgrade it to the latest feeder app.
    I modified the dump1090 enabling raw data.

Locally I run the feeder software but it can not download something. Here is the log:
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]FR24 Feeder/Decoder
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]Version: 1.0.18-5/generic
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]Built on Mar 4 2016 16:26:55 (devel-d11ca48.git/Linux/x86_64)
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]Copyright 2012-2016 Flightradar24 AB
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]http://flightradar24.com
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]DNS mode: LIBC
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]Automatic updates are DISABLED
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [httpd][i]Server started, listening on 0.0.0.0:8754
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]Reader thread started
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [master][i]Starting processing thread
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]MLAT data feed started
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [mlat][i]Waiting for MLAT configuration
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Initializing reader
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Connecting to Beast receiver via (tcp://<remote ip>:30002)
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
    2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
    2019-05-09 18:26:24 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
    2019-05-09 18:26:26 | [time][i]Time synchronized correctly, offset +0.0005 seconds
    2019-05-09 18:26:26 | [main][i]Feed Network client started
    2019-05-09 18:26:26 | [feed][i]Downloading configuration
    2019-05-09 18:26:26 | [feed][i]Failed on start, Sleeping 120 seconds

My local ini is:
    receiver="beast-tcp"
    fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    host="<remote ip>:30002"
    bs="no"
    raw="no"
    logmode="1"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"

I tried the signup, but then it gave me new key without any success.

Could you help me?

Thx in advance!
    T-ENGM162 ex T-ENHA4, T-ENGM86, T-LHBP22

My photos - Planespotters
    My photos - Jetphotos

Originally posted by federbear View Post
    Hi!

I have two openwrt/RTL2838 DVB-T/dump1090 config on two routers of course with two keys.

I used older feeder client on linux and I would like to upgrade it to the latest feeder app.
    I modified the dump1090 enabling raw data.
    I'm not quite sure what you did to the dump1090 "to enable raw data"

If dump1090 is already running and providing beast data, then you need to use port 30005, not port 30002.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
      I'm not quite sure what you did to the dump1090 "to enable raw data"

If dump1090 is already running and providing beast data, then you need to use port 30005, not port 30002.
      There is a config option in the dump:
      option raw '1'

Port 30005 does not help. The same error happen. I think the feeder connects to the dump port, because it writes these
      2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Connecting to Beast receiver via (tcp://<remote ip>:30002)
      2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
      2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages

But after that something config is not downloaded, I think it would be something from the FR24.

My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

There is a config option in the dump:
        option raw '1'
        You need to describe your whole setup better. Otherwise i can't help you.
        Are you saying dump1090 runs on another computer yes?

Then that dump1090 needs to run with the option --net instead of --raw
        Also you probably need to stay with port 30002 and use receiver-type="avr-tcp" if your version of dump1090 does not support "beast-tcp" with port 30005

Comment

You need to describe your whole setup better. Otherwise i can't help you.
          Are you saying dump1090 runs on another computer yes?

Then that dump1090 needs to run with the option --net instead of --raw
          Also you probably need to stay with port 30002 and use receiver-type="avr-tcp" if your version of dump1090 does not support "beast-tcp" with port 30005

Ok. this is the dump setup on the openwrt router:

config dump1090 'main'
          option respawn '1'
          option throttle '0'
          option raw '1'
          option modeac '0'
          option net_only '0'
          option net_verbatim '0'
          option forward_mlat '0'
          option fix '0'
          option no_fix '0'
          option no_crc_check '0'
          option phase_enhance '0'
          option mlat '0'
          option stats '0'
          option stats_range '0'
          option onlyaddr '0'
          option metric '0'
          option gnss '0'
          option html_dir '/usr/share/dump1090'
          option write_json '/var/run/dump1090'
          option write_json_every '1'
          option oversample '0'
          option dcfilter '0'
          option measure_noise '0'
          option net_beast '1'
          option net_http_port '8080'
          option agressive '0'
          option disabled '0'
          option enable_agc '1'
          option net_sbs_port '30003'
          option net_ro_size '500'
          option net_ro_interval '5'
          option net '1'
          option net_ro_port '30002'

With the previous feeder the raw was 0, the port in use was 30003.

My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

Turn off the raw option that will produce messages on the local command line, not on a network port.
            So the raw option could lead to it not running properly because the messages on the command line "have nowhere to go"

If you could provide the help output, that would explain the options:

dump1090 --help

Comment

Trying to upgrade a hacked router with dump 1090

Funny looking request for help moving from depreciated windows setups the thread is for....

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Turn off the raw option that will produce messages on the local command line, not on a network port.
                So the raw option could lead to it not running properly because the messages on the command line "have nowhere to go"

If you could provide the help output, that would explain the options:

dump1090 --help
                Ok, I turned off, but on the client side it does not affect anything. The feeder still writes it:
                2019-05-09 22:14:22 | [main][i]Feed Network client started
                2019-05-09 22:14:22 | [feed][i]Downloading configuration
                2019-05-09 22:14:22 | [feed][i]Failed on start, Sleeping 120 seconds
                Last edited by federbear; 2019-05-09, 20:20.

My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Funny looking request for help moving from depreciated windows setups the thread is for....

Because I got the same message on my linux that windows is not supported longer. It is really funny. So not the router is the problem but the old linux feeder app.

[failure]: Windows feeding software is now disabled!
                  But my linux never seen windows.....

My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

Ok, I turned off, but on the client side it does not affect anything. The feeder still writes it:
                    2019-05-09 22:14:22 | [main][i]Feed Network client started
                    2019-05-09 22:14:22 | [feed][i]Downloading configuration
                    2019-05-09 22:14:22 | [feed][i]Failed on start, Sleeping 120 seconds
                    Did you read my whole post?
                    I asked for the output of the following command on the router:

dump1090 --help

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

It seems people don't like opening their own threads.

Should i rather ask them to open their own thread?
                      Might stop some people from asking questions because they don't find the button though...

Comment

If the only issue, is the core app. Update using the standard methods. Assuming a router is even capable of doing so

GPG and other errors - Update fr24feed
                        sudo apt-get update - refresh available app update list
                        sudo apt-get install fr24feed - manually check for update
                        - Will search for a new version and advise if 0 bytes were to be installed (no change) or if a new update was to be.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

He wrote something aboute remote-ip.

So i'm assuming dump1090 is running remotely and fr24feed is on another linux machine.
                          Before the change he was using the sbs protocol, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Comment

Did you read my whole post?
                            I asked for the output of the following command on the router:

dump1090 --help
                            Sorry, It took time to find this thread.

root@OpenWrt:~# dump1090 --help
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            | dump1090 ModeS Receiver dump1090-mutability |
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            --device-index <index> Select RTL device (default: 0)
                            --gain <db> Set gain (default: max gain. Use -10 for auto-gain)
                            --enable-agc Enable the Automatic Gain Control (default: off)
                            --freq <hz> Set frequency (default: 1090 Mhz)
                            --ifile <filename> Read data from file (use '-' for stdin)
                            --iformat <format> Sample format for --ifile: UC8 (default), SC16, or SC16Q11
                            --throttle When reading from a file, play back in realtime, not at max speed
                            --interactive Interactive mode refreshing data on screen. Implies --throttle
                            --interactive-rows <num> Max number of rows in interactive mode (default: 22)
                            --interactive-ttl <sec> Remove from list if idle for <sec> (default: 60)
                            --interactive-rtl1090 Display flight table in RTL1090 format
                            --raw Show only messages hex values
                            --net Enable networking
                            --modeac Enable decoding of SSR Modes 3/A & 3/C
                            --net-only Enable just networking, no RTL device or file used
                            --net-bind-address <ip> IP address to bind to (default: Any; Use 127.0.0.1 for private)
                            --net-ri-port <ports> TCP raw input listen ports (default: 30001)
                            --net-ro-port <ports> TCP raw output listen ports (default: 30002)
                            --net-sbs-port <ports> TCP BaseStation output listen ports (default: 30003)
                            --net-bi-port <ports> TCP Beast input listen ports (default: 30004,30104)
                            --net-bo-port <ports> TCP Beast output listen ports (default: 30005)
                            --net-ro-size <size> TCP output minimum size (default: 0)
                            --net-ro-interval <rate> TCP output memory flush rate in seconds (default: 0)
                            --net-heartbeat <rate> TCP heartbeat rate in seconds (default: 60 sec; 0 to disable)
                            --net-buffer <n> TCP buffer size 64Kb * (2^n) (default: n=0, 64Kb)
                            --net-verbatim Do not apply CRC corrections to messages we forward; send unchanged
                            --forward-mlat Allow forwarding of received mlat results to output ports
                            --lat <latitude> Reference/receiver latitude for surface posn (opt)
                            --lon <longitude> Reference/receiver longitude for surface posn (opt)
                            --max-range <distance> Absolute maximum range for position decoding (in nm, default: 300)
                            --fix Enable single-bits error correction using CRC
                            --no-fix Disable single-bits error correction using CRC
                            --no-crc-check Disable messages with broken CRC (discouraged)
                            --mlat display raw messages in Beast ascii mode
                            --stats Print stats at exit
                            --stats-range Collect/show range histogram
                            --stats-every <seconds> Show and reset stats every <seconds> seconds
                            --onlyaddr Show only ICAO addresses (testing purposes)
                            --metric Use metric units (meters, km/h, ...)
                            --gnss Show altitudes as HAE/GNSS (with H suffix) when available
                            --snip <level> Strip IQ file removing samples < level
                            --debug <flags> Debug mode (verbose), see README for details
                            --quiet Disable output to stdout. Use for daemon applications
                            --show-only <addr> Show only messages from the given ICAO on stdout
                            --ppm <error> Set receiver error in parts per million (default 0)
                            --html-dir <dir> Use <dir> as base directory for the internal HTTP server. Defaults to ./public_html
                            --write-json <dir> Periodically write json output to <dir> (for serving by a separate webserver)
                            --write-json-every <t> Write json output every t seconds (default 1)
                            --json-location-accuracy <n> Accuracy of receiver location in json metadata: 0=no location, 1=approximate, 2=exact
                            --dcfilter Apply a 1Hz DC filter to input data (requires lots more CPU)
                            --help Show this help

Debug mode flags: d = Log frames decoded with errors
                            D = Log frames decoded with zero errors
                            c = Log frames with bad CRC
                            C = Log frames with good CRC
                            p = Log frames with bad preamble
                            n = Log network debugging info
                            j = Log frames to frames.js, loadable by debug.html

My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

He wrote something aboute remote-ip.

So i'm assuming dump1090 is running remotely and fr24feed is on another linux machine.
                              Before the change he was using the sbs protocol, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
                              "2019-05-09 18:26:23 | [main][i]Version: 1.0.18-5/generic"

So thats the latest generic Debian version. So goodness knows how its reporting windows feeder not valid error 0.o Unless they have decided to kill that version too thanks to our recent discoveries.

I don't see any remote change that would effect this version and the way it was going. Especially Dump1090 if remote as fr servers can't touch it.

Comment

Working...
                              X