Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read only files?

Hello,

New to the pi and FR24 but have everything running quite well. I have a basic question and possibly problem though, is it normal for the file system to be "read only" to me even when using sudo? Have searched the forum but found nothing to speak of that talks about this.

Files are read only in the system such as /etc and /var for example but also in home/pi stopping me creating directors or files which seems to indicate a fault. As I said though, the system is running very well otherwise.

Thanks for any pointers.
    Paul.

It may be only the case on the first boot, did you try rebooting?

Otherwise this
    Code:
    sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    should fix it.

Haven't been able to figure out what exactly on the fr24 image is the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
      It may be only the case on the first boot, did you try rebooting?

Otherwise this
      Code:
      sudo mount -o remount,rw /
      should fix it.

Haven't been able to figure out what exactly on the fr24 image is the cause.

Thanks SO much, I have rebooted a few times with no success but the amount rw fixed it. You would not believe how much time I spent on this today

Paul.

Comment

Does it still work after a reboot without using the command again?

Comment

Does it still work after a reboot without using the command again?
          No it seems it doesn’t but at least I know what to do now to resolve it when I need to do something.
          Paul.

Comment

I'm having this problem as well.
            "sudo mount -o remount,rw /" does work.
            But after a period of time the system reverts to Read-only
            Not sure why this is happening, but it then causes wiedehopf 's wonderful graphs1090 to fail as it can't write any longer.
            Need to investigate further. If anyone has any ideas as to why the Pi FR24 image is doing this please shout. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

You should have look in the crontab to find the FR24 update script. I have no more a Pi FR24 image running yet, but I remembered that a mount/umount command was executed in a "check for new FR24 update" script... Simply disabling the umount line at the end of this script should solve the "problem".

Regards, Philippe.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out 1l2p.

They screwed up the syntax.

Code:
                $(mount | grep " on / " | grep rw) || {
                    NEEDS_REMOUNT=true
                    mount -o remount,rw /
                }
                This will always produce false and cause a remount read only at the end of the file.

Use this command to fix the script:

Code:
                sed -i -e 's?$(mount | grep " on / " | grep rw)?{ mount | grep " on / " | grep rw; }?' /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out 1l2p.

They screwed up the syntax.

Code:
                  $(mount | grep " on / " | grep rw) || {
                      NEEDS_REMOUNT=true
                      mount -o remount,rw /
                  }
                  This will always produce false and cause a remount read only at the end of the file.

Use this command to fix the script:

Code:
                  sed -i -e 's?$(mount | grep " on / " | grep rw)?{ mount | grep " on / " | grep rw; }?' /usr/lib/fr24/fr24feed_updater.sh
                  Thanks for the suggestions. For different reasons I built a new image using dump1090 v1.15-dev which is all working well at the moment.
                  Well spotted with the syntax problem.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Liassic View Post
                    For different reasons I built a new image using dump1090 v1.15-dev
                    Two main advantages of dump1090 v1.15~dev over Pi24's v1.14 are:

(1) The v1.15~dev has a clear map, whereas v1.14 has a darkened map with water mark.

(2) The v1.15~dev is mlat-feedback compatible, while v1.14 is not. This is helpful if you are feeding Flightaware also, which provides mlat-feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X