FR24 - adding Flightaware data feed doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 - adding Flightaware data feed doesn't work

OK - so I've got my FR24 image running fine on a RPi (just waiting to install a better - outdoor - antenna). And I have a separate SD card with Piaware image which also works as it should. I would like to feed both FR24 and Flightaware simultaneously so I have added the Piaware feed package to FR24 - but I'm at a loss to get it to run. How do I do this?

Mike

Easier to start with the piaware image.

There are guides how to configure all the stuff here:
    LAST UPDATED: 23rd July, 2019 This thread provides guide for following 3 options: OPTION - 1: PI24 image with integral dump1090-mutability ver 1.14 and fr24feed. Other feeders to be installed by user. For detailed guide, please see this post: 2019 - PI24 (Image) QuickStart Guide (https://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/12643

Comment

@ mhl

If on your PI24 image you have already installed PiAware data feeder (Step 2 ONLY at this page (click here)), and want to transfer your current station number, then you have to:

(1) Logg-in to your Flightaware account, and find your existing feeder id from your "My ADSB" page (Click here) on Flightaware.

(2) Add it to PiAware by following command:
      Replace xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx by your actual 32-charactor feeder-id (Unique Identifier) you found from your "My ADSB" page of Flightaware.

Code:
      sudo piaware-config feeder-id xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx   
      sudo systemctl restart piaware

If you want to get a brand new station number, go to this page while logged in to your Flightaware account:
      Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.
      Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-04, 20:46.

Comment

Thanks wiedehopf and abcd567. I've tried both your suggestions but it seems that the second feeder doesn't work in either case -

- with FR24 feeder added to the Piaware image, my Flightaware ADS-B stats confirm Piaware is running fine, but FR24 does not show my local traffic - so I assume fr24feed is not running

- with Piaware feeder added to the FR24 image, FR24 clearly displays my local traffic, but I can see that my Flightaware ADS-B stats are now zero and opening a web page to my RPi IP address confirms Piaware isn't running

I'm sure I must be missing some simple step - can you suggest what it might be?

Comment

Originally posted by mhl View Post
          - with FR24 feeder added to the Piaware image, my Flightaware ADS-B stats confirm Piaware is running fine, but FR24 does not show my local traffic - so I assume fr24feed is not running
          In that case what is your fr24feed.ini?
          cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

This is a version of the fr24feed.ini settings that works with piaware:
          Code:
          receiver="beast-tcp"
          fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
          host="127.0.0.1:30005"
          bs="no"
          raw="no"
          logmode="1"
          logpath="/var/log/fr24feed"
          mlat="yes"
          mlat-without-gps="yes"
          use-http=yes
          http-timeout=20
          Make sure you use those settings and restart fr24feed:
          sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Anyway what do you mean with "but FR24 does not show my local traffic"
          (where are you checking)

Comment

Thanks again wiedehopf - your fr24feed.ini settings have fixed the problem. The receiver setting and the host port were incorrect, and the last two lines missing - now sorted.

I'm checking for my local traffic on a networked PC browser at the FR24 website (radar view), with Local Traffic selected under Settings - they appear as red targets (before the edit to fr24feed.ini no such targets appeared). Also my FR24 ADS-B stats page is showing activity again.

Comment

Last two lines are optional but fix intermittent connections that sometimes occur.

Glad it's working now.

Comment

Working...
              X