X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by tomascubero View Post
    Ok I have done everything and the FR24 feeder is running on the VM but checking my FR24 stats page it says my receiver is offline so I'm doing something wrong:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Maybe set 127.0.0.1?
    The command window within the VM will need to remain open for fr24feed to function.

And fr24feed should be restarted after changing .ini settings (or visit the web page and save)

It should allow you to go
    sudo fr24feed-status

And see where it is going wrong.

You can't use localhost/127.0.0.1 - as the virtual is not the device running basestation (the source) as it would if a TV stick/dump1090 would if installed. Your PC itself is the source.
    As long as the virtual machine gets a network address in the same range, it should be able see your PC. However not having set one up myself I can't confirm what the default virtual network setting may be

The command is
    ifconfig

It may get its own IP (and the host) on a different range to the PC but still allow them to talk to each other. The settings may be in the Oracle settings.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Ok I have done everything and the FR24 feeder is running on the VM but checking my FR24 stats page it says my receiver is offline so I'm doing something wrong:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Maybe set 127.0.0.1?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Hopefully this may make some sense

Untitled Diagram (1).jpg

The guide assumes pass-though USB access.

Your setup requires some internal network access instead

/edit posted at same time. now personalised - And the default output from basestation is 30006
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-05-08, 07:24.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    ABCDs example was for DVB-T.

Yours is set for using the basestation software output. You'll need the same settings now, So replicate yours.

127.0.0.1 is the safe way if the device can't understand 'localhost' (which happened in a fr24feed version).

But as you are running virtual, it may need to actually be the IP of your windows PC instead - Treating it as 2 PCs, 1 with Windows, 1 with Linux, rather than 1 as you aren't using USB direct so local host won't find basestation
    Ok so my IP for my computer on my router is 192.168.0.2. Will the port be the same (30005) or 30006 as I had it before?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied

They differ from the guide... are they ok or should I add or modify the different lines. I am concerned on the host= line as I think that has to change from localhost to 127.0.0.1

Let me know!
    Thanks.
    ABCDs example was for DVB-T.

Yours is set for using the basestation software output. You'll need the same settings now, So replicate yours.

127.0.0.1 is the safe way if the device can't understand 'localhost' (which happened in a fr24feed version).

But as you are running virtual, it may need to actually be the IP of your windows PC instead - Treating it as 2 PCs, 1 with Windows, 1 with Linux, rather than 1 as you aren't using USB direct so local host won't find basestation

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    I am using a DVB-T, so I copied my file which is below. Your file may differ depending on your receiver.
    I then deletes lines in red and inserted lines in green.
    Code:
    receiver="dvbt"
    receiver="beast-tcp"

fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

path="mr-dump1090.exe"
    host="127.0.0.1:30005"

bs="no"
    raw="no"
    logmode="0"
    procargs="--net --gain -10 --lat 43.5xxx --lon -79.6xxx"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"
    use-http=yes
    http-timeout=20

This is the contents of my fr24feed.ini file in Windows:

receiver="basestation"
    fr24key="left blank purposely"
    host="localhost:30006"
    bs="no"
    raw="yes"
    logmode="1"
    windowmode="1"
    mpx="no"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"

They differ from the guide... are they ok or should I add or modify the different lines. I am concerned on the host= line as I think that has to change from localhost to 127.0.0.1

Let me know!
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    .deb

raspbian stretch is built around debian.
    Great thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    .deb

raspbian stretch is built around debian.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Oh one more thing,

The two guides I've been using are from this post:

The following are tested alternatives for feeding if your receiver was a windows based setup TAKE NOTE: These instructions are not for the feint of heart. They are complex. They do involve some learning Some SBS Receivers are still NOT supported Raspberry PI + DVB Stick + PI24 although come with a cost. May be easier for some

Which should I follow, Option 1 or 2?

OPTION-1:
    Installing fr24feed Using Linux Binary "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz"
    CLICK HERE

OPTION-2:
    Installing fr24feed Using debian package "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb"

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    That should do it. It's just a more detailed mid-step for getting Oracle VM up.

Don't worry about the Dump1090 steps. It's NOT used for non USB-TV stick devices like the SBS.

The only concern becomes if the data is readable from the SBSx as no users have confirmed the .deb version of fr24feed works with them yet

From there. You run a SSH (dos like window) and install FR24feed using the rest of ABCDs instructions
    Ok copy that! The Linux/Rasberry Pi OS is running so now its on to the feeder steps. I'll reply again if I get stuck. Thanks for helping me.

Tomas.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Thanks Oblivian,

I managed to find this guide which I am currently working on right now:

Our articles usually show you how to do things on a Raspberry Pi. This time, we’re changing things up: we’re going to show you how...

Let me know if I am going on the right direction here. My goal is to not have to use the beaglebone and rather dump using 1090dump I believe its called directly from the Kinetic SBS-1er to the Linux feeder so I don't have to plug new stuff in and have the VM running in the background always which I am fine with.

Thanks again for the help!
    Tomas.
    That should do it. It's just a more detailed mid-step for getting Oracle VM up.

Don't worry about the Dump1090 steps. It's NOT used for non USB-TV stick devices like the SBS.

The only concern becomes if the data is readable from the SBSx as no users have confirmed the .deb version of fr24feed works with them yet

From there. You run a SSH (dos like window) and install FR24feed using the rest of ABCDs instructions

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Yes, the beaglebone comes with basic linux. So if you can work out how to remote SSH it, you can run a FR24 install and be up in minutes

This is the operating system/linux download mentioned in his guide.

The virtual machine installed prior, can open the iso directly as an operating system-inside an operating system.
    Thanks Oblivian,

I managed to find this guide which I am currently working on right now:

Our articles usually show you how to do things on a Raspberry Pi. This time, we’re changing things up: we’re going to show you how...

Let me know if I am going on the right direction here. My goal is to not have to use the beaglebone and rather dump using 1090dump I believe its called directly from the Kinetic SBS-1er to the Linux feeder so I don't have to plug new stuff in and have the VM running in the background always which I am fine with.

Thanks again for the help!
    Tomas.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Hi Guys,

I'm also affected by this move and being the second largest data feeder in Costa Rica, I feel I am obliged to continue feeding. FR24 support hasn't gotten back to me about sending a Raspberry Pi so I will have to do with what I have.

I used to feed with a Kinetic SBS-1er and the Windows feeder. I have an extra backup receiver (a Kinetic SDR Puck) which also came with a BeagleBone Black which I am currently not using and I believe is similar to a Pi.

I read through the Linux Virtual Machine tutorial and I believe this is the easiest way to get back online but the guide is not very comprehensive and my computer skills are good but I have no idea on how to go through with Linux.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I haven't been able to get past the version of Linux I have to install on the VM.

Any other suggestions I'd really appreciate.

Thanks!
    Tomas.
    Yes, the beaglebone comes with basic linux. So if you can work out how to remote SSH it, you can run a FR24 install and be up in minutes

I haven't been able to get past the version of Linux I have to install on the VM.
    This is the operating system/linux download mentioned in his guide.

The virtual machine installed prior, can open the iso directly as an operating system-inside an operating system.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Hi Guys,

I'm also affected by this move and being the second largest data feeder in Costa Rica, I feel I am obliged to continue feeding. FR24 support hasn't gotten back to me about sending a Raspberry Pi so I will have to do with what I have.

I used to feed with a Kinetic SBS-1er and the Windows feeder. I have an extra backup receiver (a Kinetic SDR Puck) which also came with a BeagleBone Black which I am currently not using and I believe is similar to a Pi.

I read through the Linux Virtual Machine tutorial and I believe this is the easiest way to get back online but the guide is not very comprehensive and my computer skills are good but I have no idea on how to go through with Linux.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I haven't been able to get past the version of Linux I have to install on the VM.

Any other suggestions I'd really appreciate.

Thanks!
    Tomas.

Leave a comment:

• Stealth
    replied
    Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    Since switching to feeding from linux I've noted an event occurring from time to time. 'Mystats' page shows me as online, but not feeding data. It happened today and availability time line actually shows me off-line for about 20 minutes. When I check the feeder log, it appears to be feeding OK, but on closer inspection it is showing: [feed] sent 0 filtered 20 AC (actual number varies). Rather than restart the feeder I reboot the system and all returns to normal. Does FR24 issue some sort of 'throttle' command and why is there the online/offline contradiction. Reason I ask for input is mainly because I don't recall any issues when running with Windows.
    Problem went away after about a week. Now my positions/reports have suddenly increased. Not that I'm bothered about that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X