X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomascubero
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Don't ask me how at this point (its now 1AM)

But I just managed to put the raspberry pi version on my VM with some mashing of commands and tips using ABCDs thread. Ignoring the 18-5 debian and using https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb instead.

Yet to test it actually works (no traffic now). But may be viable.
    Ok, tried to install it but it says my system architecture is i386 and that the package is armhf so I guess I need to change the VM's system architecture to armhf?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by tomascubero View Post
    Oh one more thing,

The two guides I've been using are from this post:

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Which should I follow, Option 1 or 2?

OPTION-1:
    Installing fr24feed Using Linux Binary "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz"
    CLICK HERE

OPTION-2:
    Installing fr24feed Using debian package "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb"
    Don't ask me how at this point (its now 1AM)

But I just managed to put the raspberry pi version on my VM with some mashing of commands and tips using ABCDs thread. Ignoring the 18-5 debian and using https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb instead.

Yet to test it actually works (no traffic now). But may be viable.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    It may make a successful TCP connection, but not understand the data type.

I'm not sure if the raw out of Planeplotter is the same for all receiver types. Perhaps it needs to be AVR-TCP. or even still SBS format on 30334

Some more digging, the 'fix' for SBS units was included in RPi version after a test version from 19-5.

As the .deb is 18-5. I have suddenly lowered my expectations for direct SBS data connections unless you have a Pi/ARM device.

Windows had exceeded 19-15 so included it.

If Anmer comes along, I think he has been using modesmixer successfully on SBS hardware. But that adds more levels of complexity to a virtual environment.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    OK, so PP is also set to TCP. Could be more than 1 connection blocked

And error opening the web config port. May be 2 copies running. Or the service didn't stop.

pgrep -l fr24feed
    If there is 2 listed

sudo kill -9 <pid from above>

and start it again.

Once the config page is up (open browser under linux, 127.0.0.1:8754)

Configure for beast-tcp 192.168.0.2:30333 and save

Then ctrl-c. And start it again
    There were 6 instances of the fr24feed open so I killed them all and ran just a single one. Still the same and even with the change to beast-tcp and 30333 its the same, Online with no data. I can't understand why it doesn't communicate with the receiver properly when it even says its connected to the receiver.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10583[/ATTACH]

It even says connected to the receiver... I don't get it.
    OK, so PP is also set to TCP. Could be more than 1 connection blocked

And error opening the web config port. May be 2 copies running. Or the service didn't stop.

pgrep -l fr24feed
    If there is 2 listed

sudo kill -9 <pid from above>

and start it again.

Once the config page is up (open browser under linux, 127.0.0.1:8754)

Configure for beast-tcp 192.168.0.2:30333 and save

Then ctrl-c. And start it again

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    sudo service fr24feed stop

sudo fr24feed

Watch the output and look for a stable connection to the TCP device/settings or any errors.
    w34234.jpg

It even says connected to the receiver... I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    I just spun up a Raspbian VM the same

And on the default 'NAT' network setting (virtual 10.0.2.x) can still reach my ADSB source on a different device/IP (192.168.0.x). So your initial issue was most likely the key not starting the uploader.

But a screenshot of your planeplotter IO settings would assist. To ensure relay data is on correctly before attempting to source the network data from that
    mhnjg..png

I think its ok, take a look!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    And the .deb install (1.18) Doesn't have the pretty status output either.

It really needs to be ported from ARM to .deb to keep all these old windows (likely SBS and other) feeders happy.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I don't think it is... its just not getting the data from the receiver so there is something wrong between the VM and the receiver not being able to communicate with each other.
    sudo service fr24feed stop

sudo fr24feed

Watch the output and look for a stable connection to the TCP device/settings or any errors.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I just spun up a Raspbian VM the same

And on the default 'NAT' network setting (virtual 10.0.2.x) can still reach my ADSB source on a different device/IP (192.168.0.x). So your initial issue was most likely the key not starting the uploader.

But a screenshot of your planeplotter IO settings would assist. To ensure relay data is on correctly before attempting to source the network data from that

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    I haven't been following closely, but is this a port number issue?
    SBS device.

So you need to hang off a external decoder directly via USB. Or use 'Basestation' software output - which is encoded

The debain install isn't the same version of the Pi install, and well behind. I'm not 100% that it has the 'fix' that was applied to the pi version to let it decode it properly.

But at the same time, as the decoder is external, not sure if the virtual environment is capable of seeing data from the host in realtime over tcp

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    I don't think it is... its just not getting the data from the receiver so there is something wrong between the VM and the receiver not being able to communicate with each other.

Leave a comment:

• Stealth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tomascubero
    replied
    Correct.

But the data out type is likely to be beast-tcp not SBS.
    Yes, tried using Beast-TCP but still the same. I can't get it to get any data at all... either from directly Basestation or Planeplotter. Don't understand what could be going wrong. All is setup correctly. I even tried closing Planeplotter to see if it was conflicting but no.

Any other ideas why the data is not synchronizing?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    So in that case, a share from Planeplotter to the VM and FRFeeder should theoreticall work as its not interfering with Basestation's single data-out connection which apparently is set to Planeplotter right?
    Correct.

But the data out type is likely to be beast-tcp not SBS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X