Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• httP not httpS will likely find it.

But looking, that package is now out of date/no longer exists.

dump1090-mutability is no longer maintained; please don't use it for new installs.

For new installs and ongoing development, try dump1090-fa, which is available at https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090
    But every time you start again, unless you know what introduces/causes issues. Will likely be reintroduced.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-11-04, 22:55.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Oblivian:
      Arash tried to install an old pre-built package from mutability github site which is no longer maintained, as shown by you.

However last year dump1090-mutability packages for most of the architectures were built and added to Debian Repository and can be installed by a simple "sudo apt install" command, like any other packge. These packages are maintained by "Debian Hamradio Group"

sudo apt update
      sudo apt install dump1090-mutability
      sudo usermod -a -G plugdev dump1090
      sudo reboot

He failed because either of not updating or because of a typo in package name in the command
      Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-04, 23:07.

Comment

• arash

I just now checked Debian package search for Buster

You can confirm your architecture by this command. Can you please post its output?

uname -m

If your architecture is not listed in the list of available prebuilt packages below, then install either dump1090-fa or readsb (both to be built from source code). Use link given by wiedehop.

20201104_192459.jpg
        Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-05, 00:40.

Comment

• The Debian Repository package for Buster marked by red arrow in screenshot below is installed by fr24feed for Pi, and also in Pi24 by following command included in install_dump1090 script

Above command installs a stand-alone version of dump1090-mutability which by default starts ar boot/reboot.

The fr24 prorammers have blocked the stand-alone nature of dump1090-mutability by an additional line of command in that script which blocks automatic start of dump-1090mutabilty at boot. Now fr24feed has full control over it.

If user does two things, the independent nature can be restored:

(1) Change setting from receiver=dvbt to receiver=beast-tcp
          (2) Run command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability, and the very first option is presented "start dump1090 automatically at boot" with option "No" highlighted. Change "No" to "Yes" press Enter repeatedly to accept all other settings, and when process completes, dump1090 is no more slave of fr24feed.

20201104_213257.jpg

Comment

• I can't even find where the instructions are on this forum to install that particular package that's no longer available to correct....

So guessing this is another mix and match install being performed? so issues and errors will likely pop up
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The issue has boiled down to the point that arash computer architecture is not the one whose package are available in repository. Unless arash tells us what is output of command uname -m, we cannot be sure. If you look at the list I have posted, the Debian repository covers most of the common architectures.

Comment

• Sure. I get that. But where did you/I someone say. Explicitly install
                https://github.com/mutability/mutabi....1.1_armhf.deb

far as I can tell the guides here would work fine if followed still. No architecture issues.

Ones here seem more specific, and have multiple options with clear versions and instructions. So following multiple different ones.. not such a good idea.

I can't see that file using search to see who needs to correct a now wrong instruction if it is here.

So you're possibly band aiding something That's as easy as saying 'follow this link instead'

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Sure. I get that. But where did you/I someone say. Explicitly install
                  https://github.com/mutability/mutabi....1.1_armhf.deb
                  This seem very old version (1.1) of mutability. I dont know from where arash got this. None of us ha ever recomended it.

FR24 initially used ver 1.14 pre-built package from mutability site, and after switching to Buster started using ver 1.15 package from Debian Repository
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-05, 05:34.

Comment

• abcd567

This is output of uname -m command:

i386

I have another problem!

Finally! I can configure the system! but when I enter signup commad, I got this picture:

7.jpg

As you can see, after verifying key, I can't chose any answer! the question replay and replay for ever!

On the other hand, I got error in usb device for realtak dongle!

this is output on zedig and compare it with Forum tutorial (right one is mine):

8-2.jpg

I decided to remove dongle form device and printers in windows and reinstall is.

so what can I do now?

P.S:

I fallow this tutorial to config the dongle and WV:

Last edited by arash; 2020-11-05, 22:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by arash View Post
                      abcd567

This is output of uname -m command:

i386
                      (1) The dump1090-mutability's i386 package is available in Debian Repository. You should be able to instalk it by following commands

Code:
                      sudo apt update  

sudo usermod -a -G plugdev dump1090  

sudo reboot

(2) For fr24feed configuration, answer for MLAT has to be "yes" or "no". You are answereing "y" and "n",and that is why it is stuck at that question and keeps on repeating it.

Repeat configuration by following command, and dont use shortcut answer y n, use full yes no.

sudo fr24feed --configure

(3) Depending on dvbt, zadig can show RTL2838 alone or RTL2838 + Composite Parent. Both are OK. Just reinstall Zadig, then check by following command

sudo apt install rtl-sdr

rtl_test -t
                      Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-05, 23:35.

Comment

• abcd567

1) I got this output:

9.jpg

2,3)
                        9-1.jpg

It seems the dongle driver is not correctly installed and the dongle will turn off in Debian after 2 or 3 minutes and I got drive error massage.

7.jpg

Can you explain to me exactly what commands should I enter after installing Debian on VW?

Comment

• Read the post above yours again, you haven't fully read it if you're still asking about yes / no.

Comment

• wiedehopf

I didn't ask about yes or no, I put the image to determine the driver error.

My question is about installation and configuration from the beginning.

Comment

• arash:

(A) The dongle driver Zadig is installed in Windows, and it has nothing to do with VM/Debian.

(B) When you install VM/Debian, the VM passes through the dongle to Debian if:
                              1. Driver Zadig is properly installed (totally Windows issue, nothing to do with VM/Debian)
                              2. You have installed VM Extension pack to enable USB 2.0 & 3.0 . Please see STEP(1) HERE
                              3. You have properly configured VM to pass-through the dongle to Debian. Please see STEP(4) HERE

(C) To test proper installation of Zadig & availability of dongle in Windows, go to OPTION-1 of this thread, and scroll down to see how to test.

Is My DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Healthy?

Comment

Working...
                              X