No announcement yet.

Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I am moving now! Got Online-No Data at least...

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomascubero View Post
      Yeah the Planeplotter option does the same... I am positive the error is coming from the IP. By real IP you mean the actual IP on the web?
      You didn't answer if planeplotter is still working or not. And how it was configured. It may have been using the RAW out of fr24feed which is now not starting.

You may be a case of starting again with basic and building on it. As you didn't mention planeplotter was in use from the start, there is no way of knowing the true flow of data your original fr24feed was setup for using all the different software input/output.

Forget internet addresses. We are dealing with INTERNAL addresses. Nothing is coming to/from the internet other than fr24feed needing to go out to upload

The same way wireless devices at home can find other devices like media/chromecast etc.

Basestation may be limited to 1 connection at a time. And now conflicting. You need to provide more information as to ALL ADSB related software and settings.

Noone can see your stats. They are private.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        You didn't answer if planeplotter is still working or not. And how it was configured. It may have been using the RAW out of fr24feed which is now not starting.

You may be a case of starting again with basic and building on it. As you didn't mention planeplotter was in use from the start, there is no way of knowing the true flow of data your original fr24feed was setup for using all the different software input/output.

Forget internet addresses. We are dealing with INTERNAL addresses. Nothing is coming to/from the internet other than fr24feed needing to go out to upload

The same way wireless devices at home can find other devices like media/chromecast etc.

Basestation may be limited to 1 connection at a time. And now conflicting. You need to provide more information as to ALL ADSB related software and settings.

Noone can see your stats. They are private.
        Planeplotter works fine... the error was coming from the fr24feed.ini file, for some reason the key field was missing a character... once I fixed that I got the Online-No Data on the stats page so I reverted back to the original settings, directly from the SBS-1 and not going throught Planeplotter. Nevertheless, both give the Online-No Data.

Yes, I got that on internal IP addresses, its working now, just need to figure out how to get the data up to FR.

Why would I get Online-No Data? Someone else also posted the same issue on the earlier post I mentioned but never got an answer.

Thanks.

Comment

Planeplotter works fine... the error was coming from the fr24feed.ini file, for some reason the key field was missing a character... once I fixed that I got the Online-No Data on the stats page so I reverted back to the original settings, directly from the SBS-1 and not going throught Planeplotter. Nevertheless, both give the Online-No Data.

Yes, I got that on internal IP addresses, its working now, just need to figure out how to get the data up to FR.

Why would I get Online-No Data? Someone else also posted the same issue on the earlier post I mentioned but never got an answer.

Thanks.
          Planeplotter may work fine. But if that is set for localhost:30006

Basestation I believe is limited to 1x connection - Fr24feed won't be able to connect too. And therefore no data to upload.

The alternate, is the .deb version of fr24feed is still not updated to work with SBS encoded data type after they changed format (only the pi version). But only the developers or more SBS users can confirm that.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Planeplotter may work fine. But if that is set for localhost:30006

Basestation I believe is limited to 1x connection - Fr24feed won't be able to connect too. And therefore no data to upload.

The alternate, is the .deb version of fr24feed is still not updated to work with SBS encoded data type after they changed format (only the pi version). But only the developers or more SBS users can confirm that.
            So in that case, a share from Planeplotter to the VM and FRFeeder should theoreticall work as its not interfering with Basestation's single data-out connection which apparently is set to Planeplotter right?

Comment

So in that case, a share from Planeplotter to the VM and FRFeeder should theoreticall work as its not interfering with Basestation's single data-out connection which apparently is set to Planeplotter right?
              Correct.

But the data out type is likely to be beast-tcp not SBS.

Comment

Correct.

But the data out type is likely to be beast-tcp not SBS.
                Yes, tried using Beast-TCP but still the same. I can't get it to get any data at all... either from directly Basestation or Planeplotter. Don't understand what could be going wrong. All is setup correctly. I even tried closing Planeplotter to see if it was conflicting but no.

Any other ideas why the data is not synchronizing?

Comment

• I haven't been following closely, but is this a port number issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                    I haven't been following closely, but is this a port number issue?
                    I don't think it is... its just not getting the data from the receiver so there is something wrong between the VM and the receiver not being able to communicate with each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                      I haven't been following closely, but is this a port number issue?
                      SBS device.

So you need to hang off a external decoder directly via USB. Or use 'Basestation' software output - which is encoded

The debain install isn't the same version of the Pi install, and well behind. I'm not 100% that it has the 'fix' that was applied to the pi version to let it decode it properly.

But at the same time, as the decoder is external, not sure if the virtual environment is capable of seeing data from the host in realtime over tcp

Comment

• I just spun up a Raspbian VM the same

And on the default 'NAT' network setting (virtual 10.0.2.x) can still reach my ADSB source on a different device/IP (192.168.0.x). So your initial issue was most likely the key not starting the uploader.

But a screenshot of your planeplotter IO settings would assist. To ensure relay data is on correctly before attempting to source the network data from that

Comment

I don't think it is... its just not getting the data from the receiver so there is something wrong between the VM and the receiver not being able to communicate with each other.
                          sudo service fr24feed stop

sudo fr24feed

Watch the output and look for a stable connection to the TCP device/settings or any errors.

Comment

• And the .deb install (1.18) Doesn't have the pretty status output either.

It really needs to be ported from ARM to .deb to keep all these old windows (likely SBS and other) feeders happy.

Comment

I just spun up a Raspbian VM the same

And on the default 'NAT' network setting (virtual 10.0.2.x) can still reach my ADSB source on a different device/IP (192.168.0.x). So your initial issue was most likely the key not starting the uploader.

But a screenshot of your planeplotter IO settings would assist. To ensure relay data is on correctly before attempting to source the network data from that
                              mhnjg..png

I think its ok, take a look!

Comment

sudo service fr24feed stop

sudo fr24feed

Watch the output and look for a stable connection to the TCP device/settings or any errors.
                                w34234.jpg

It even says connected to the receiver... I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X