X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arash
    replied
    abcd567

I'll edit my post to correct the mistake.

But now, I have this problem!

9-4.jpg

Receiver is down again!
    Last edited by arash; 2020-11-10, 20:17.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by arash View Post
    Installed: 1.0.25-3
    Candidate: 1.0.25-3
    Great! You have the latest version installed.

The "sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb" command you posted was obviously a copy-paste mistake, as it will try to install old version 1.0.18, and will fail as it did not exist on your computer (you have downloaded newer version 1.0.25-3 by wget command)

2- It may sound like a joke, but I can't take a screenshot of the Linux by pressing Print Screen button!
    ​​​​​​​You have to first click the mouse pointer on an empty place in Windows desktop to shift focus from VM to Windows, then press PrintScreen button on keyboard.

1- Given that I use VM, when should I connect Dongle to a computer? Before launching VM or after Linux boot?
    It can be done both ways, but it is better before launching VM, as in this case when VM is launched launched, the dongle will be passed through to VM.
    If you connect the dongle after launching VM, you have to click the dongle symbol at bottom-right of VM, and in dropdown opened, place a check mark besides the name if the dongle. Please see screenshot below.

VM-Attaching DVB-T.png

Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-10, 19:03.

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    abcd567

Thank you

I will consider the things you said about sending the post.

This is out put of "apt policy fr24feed" command:

Installed: 1.0.25-3
    Candidate: 1.0.25-3

Version table:
    ***1.0.25-3 100
    100/var/lib/dpkg/status

I want to ask 2 question:

1- Given that I use VM, when should I connect Dongle to a computer? Before launching VM or after Linux boot?

2- It may sound like a joke, but I can't take a screenshot of the Linux by pressing Print Screen button!

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    arash:

Glad that you finally succeeded.

Do not worry about MLAT. Most likely it will start showing after a while.
    Even if it remains failed, dont worry, it happens with lot of feeders. Just ignore it.

NOTE:
    If you post commands as Quote, the address in wget command is shortened, as happened in your last post above.
    Always post under Code (like I have done below). It will display full url.

Code:
    wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-3_i386.deb
    sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb
    The versions in the above two commands in your post do not match. The FR24 feeder package cannot get installed unless versions in both the commands are same. Seems a copy-paste mistake while posting in forum.

Just out of curiosity, what is the output of following command? It will show the version number which is actually installed.

apt policy fr24feed

Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-08, 17:13.

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    I enter this commands after re installation of VM & Debian:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update

sudo apt update

sudo apt install -y git build-essential debhelper rtl-sdr

sudo apt install -y librtlsdr-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev pkg-config

sudo apt install -y fakeroot curl cron lighttpd

sudo git clone -b unmaintained https://github.com/mutability/dump1090.git dump1090-1.15

cd dump1090-1.15

sudo dpkg-buildpackage -b

cd ../

sudo dpkg -i dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev_*.deb

sudo lighty-enable-mod dump1090

sudo /etc/init.d/lighttpd force-reload

sudo wget -O /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/osmocom/rtl-sdr/master/rtl-sdr.rules"

sudo reboot

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

sudo apt install libc6

sudo apt install libudev1

sudo apt-get install -y librtlsdr-dev

sudo apt install zlib1g

sudo apt install libusb-1.0-0

sudo apt install libstdc++6

sudo apt install dirmngr

wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/linux_x86_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.25-5_i386.deb

sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb

sudo fr24feed --signup

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

fr24feed-status

I think it's working!

9-2.jpg

my account in flighradar24 changed to business but only FR24 MLAT not running.
    Last edited by arash; 2020-11-10, 20:10.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    arash:

(A) The dongle driver Zadig is installed in Windows, and it has nothing to do with VM/Debian.

(B) When you install VM/Debian, the VM passes through the dongle to Debian if:
    1. Driver Zadig is properly installed (totally Windows issue, nothing to do with VM/Debian)
    2. You have installed VM Extension pack to enable USB 2.0 & 3.0 . Please see STEP(1) HERE
    3. You have properly configured VM to pass-through the dongle to Debian. Please see STEP(4) HERE

(C) To test proper installation of Zadig & availability of dongle in Windows, go to OPTION-1 of this thread, and scroll down to see how to test.

Is My DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Healthy?

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    wiedehopf

I didn't ask about yes or no, I put the image to determine the driver error.

My question is about installation and configuration from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Read the post above yours again, you haven't fully read it if you're still asking about yes / no.

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    abcd567

1) I got this output:

9.jpg

2,3)
    9-1.jpg

It seems the dongle driver is not correctly installed and the dongle will turn off in Debian after 2 or 3 minutes and I got drive error massage.

7.jpg

Can you explain to me exactly what commands should I enter after installing Debian on VW?

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    abcd567

This is output of uname -m command:

i386
    (1) The dump1090-mutability's i386 package is available in Debian Repository. You should be able to instalk it by following commands

Code:
    sudo apt update  

sudo apt install dump1090-mutability   

sudo usermod -a -G plugdev dump1090  

sudo reboot

(2) For fr24feed configuration, answer for MLAT has to be "yes" or "no". You are answereing "y" and "n",and that is why it is stuck at that question and keeps on repeating it.

Repeat configuration by following command, and dont use shortcut answer y n, use full yes no.

sudo fr24feed --configure

(3) Depending on dvbt, zadig can show RTL2838 alone or RTL2838 + Composite Parent. Both are OK. Just reinstall Zadig, then check by following command

sudo apt install rtl-sdr

rtl_test -t
    Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-05, 23:35.

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    abcd567

This is output of uname -m command:

i386

I have another problem!

Finally! I can configure the system! but when I enter signup commad, I got this picture:

7.jpg

As you can see, after verifying key, I can't chose any answer! the question replay and replay for ever!

On the other hand, I got error in usb device for realtak dongle!

this is output on zedig and compare it with Forum tutorial (right one is mine):

8-2.jpg

I decided to remove dongle form device and printers in windows and reinstall is.

so what can I do now?

P.S:

I fallow this tutorial to config the dongle and WV:

Last edited by arash; 2020-11-05, 22:01.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Sure. I get that. But where did you/I someone say. Explicitly install
    https://github.com/mutability/mutabi....1.1_armhf.deb
    This seem very old version (1.1) of mutability. I dont know from where arash got this. None of us ha ever recomended it.

FR24 initially used ver 1.14 pre-built package from mutability site, and after switching to Buster started using ver 1.15 package from Debian Repository
    Last edited by abcd567; 2020-11-05, 05:34.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Sure. I get that. But where did you/I someone say. Explicitly install
    https://github.com/mutability/mutabi....1.1_armhf.deb

far as I can tell the guides here would work fine if followed still. No architecture issues.

Ones here seem more specific, and have multiple options with clear versions and instructions. So following multiple different ones.. not such a good idea.

I can't see that file using search to see who needs to correct a now wrong instruction if it is here.

So you're possibly band aiding something That's as easy as saying 'follow this link instead'

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    The issue has boiled down to the point that arash computer architecture is not the one whose package are available in repository. Unless arash tells us what is output of command uname -m, we cannot be sure. If you look at the list I have posted, the Debian repository covers most of the common architectures.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I can't even find where the instructions are on this forum to install that particular package that's no longer available to correct....

So guessing this is another mix and match install being performed? so issues and errors will likely pop up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X