X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aries
    replied
    Originally posted by JackL View Post
    Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!
    Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    For something designed for pi and armhf it doesn't make sense huh but don't look gift horse in mouth

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    But I got the raspberry pi/armhf edition of Fr24feed installed and working on it. Which may be a good step for those with SBS as it apparently includes the fixes.
    fr24feed:armhf:
    Installed: 1.0.23-8
    Dont know how, but got armhf .deb package (for RPI) installed and working on i686 machine after lots of install, uninstall, purge, fix-broken-install, install dependencies. etc
    So many trial-and-errors, dont remember exactly how.

Will make a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on VM, and try again, this time carefully noting the steps.

FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - A.png FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - B.png

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You should follow the instructions for the Raspberry Pi, as the board you are using is an ARM chipset.

Try this:
    Code:
    wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
    sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
    Does it install?

If it doesn't you will need to use this link:

But running the binary is kinda complicated and you would need to figure that out on your own.

Leave a comment:

• kkomarica
    replied
    Hi guys,
    can you please help me to setup my fr24feeder on linux. I have a rather strange solution to the windows problem ... I found that on an old android tv stick (mk808 - RK3066 chipset) you can run linux and I would like to use that as my 24/7 feeder.
    There is an older linux image for that device called PicUntu (based on ubuntu 12.10) that I have installed on it.
    I have tried to follow the instructions provided here for instalation of fr24feed on linux VM, but there were problems. My knowledge of linux is unfortunately VERY limited and is basically limited to following exact instructions.
    Thanks for all the help

Kris

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by federbear View Post
    Because I got the same message on my linux that windows is not supported longer. It is really funny. So not the router is the problem but the old linux feeder app.

[failure]: Windows feeding software is now disabled!
    But my linux never seen windows.....
    The feed app is independent from Dump1090. What you are asking for, is how to change a non-standard router based setup. Not a pure linux or windows setup.

Moving.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    Well you would have to add the architecture armhf, not i386, abcd567.

Still curious how this can work though.

You should also remove the two bogus architectures you added:
    sudo dpkg --remove-architecture i386
    sudo dpkg --remove-architecture i686

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

sudo apt update
    sudo apt dist-upgrade

Then adapt all the library stuff to install the armhf versions.
    I need to re-replicate to see how I got it going.

From memory, my base always showed x86_x64. Think I chose the 64b ver during install.

I put on the 18-5 .deb using wget (no dump1090 as we dont use it on and/beast) and mucked about confirming it worked

Later figured let's try break it, edited sources to add fr24 source and raspberrypi-stable

Added armhf architecture

Ran the libc6 and so on line to get those on

Added dirmngr and gpg keys

Ran the .sh installer. It had a few whines but still went

And baffled me from there it looks like it still added dump1090 but didn't start it as I turned all that off and configured for a different device.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post

25138632836_f28f2bb162_m.jpg ..... oops

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied

Still curious how this can work though.

You should also remove the two bogus architectures you added:
    sudo dpkg --remove-architecture i386
    sudo dpkg --remove-architecture i686

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

sudo apt update
    sudo apt dist-upgrade

Then adapt all the library stuff to install the armhf versions.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-05-09, 18:34.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    (1) Oracle VM on Windows 8.1

(2) Debian Stretch with Raspberry Pi Desktop: The Raspberry Pi Desktop OS for PC and Mac - based on Debian Stretch

(2019-04-11-rpd-x86-stretch.iso)

Code:
    pi@raspberry:~ $ uname -m
    i686

pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
    Odd number of elements in hash assignment at /usr/share/pkg-config-dpkghook line 30.

pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i686
    Odd number of elements in hash assignment at /usr/share/pkg-config-dpkghook line 30.

pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo apt install libc6:i386 libudev1:i386 zlib1g:i386 libusb-1.0-0:i386 libstdc++6:i386 dirmngr

pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo apt install libc6 libudev1 zlib1g libusb-1.0-0 libstdc++6 dirmngr

pi@raspberry:~ $ wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

dpkg: error processing archive fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb (--install):
    [COLOR="#FF0000"] package architecture (armhf) does not match system (i386)[/COLOR]
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-09, 18:04.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    For me command uname -a showed i686 and command to add architecture gave some warning messages. Inspite of installing dependencies, it refused to install the armhf package. The method I posted few posts above did not work on my machine.

I will try again. May be doing it late night with a sleepy brain caused this.

I did use Raspbian x86 for Desktop from raspberrypi foundation on Oracle VM on Windows 8.1
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-09, 15:59.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Just plain ol x86_64

Which is what lead me down the path to doing an -add-architecture, manual PGPkey import and trying to drop the essential dependancies before running the sh script. To my surprise, voila!

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Can you show the output of

uname -m

I'm curious what that will say.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    Neither can I copy-paste from VM to host. I solved it by running Putty on host machine and SSH to VM. To be able to SSH from host to VM, in Settings >> Network, you should change "NAT" to "Bridged Network".

It does not seem to be emulated armhf Raspbian. it is stripped down Debian x86 with Raspbian desktop envoroment.
    No answers then. But I got the raspberry pi/armhf edition of Fr24feed installed and working on it. Which may be a good step for those with SBS as it apparently includes the fixes.

fr24feed:armhf:
    Installed: 1.0.23-8

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    (I've still not copy paste between host/virtual working)..
    Neither can I copy-paste from VM to host. I solved it by running Putty on host machine and SSH to VM. To be able to SSH from host to VM, in Settings >> Network, you should change "NAT" to "Bridged Network".

https://www.raspberrypi.org/download...ry-pi-desktop/ seems to be, an emulated pi OS, And therefore the script doesn't seem to have many hiccups. For a Mode-S beast at least
    It does not seem to be emulated armhf Raspbian. it is stripped down Debian x86 with Raspbian desktop envoroment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X