Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tomascubero View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10583[/ATTACH]

    It even says connected to the receiver... I don't get it.
    OK, so PP is also set to TCP. Could be more than 1 connection blocked

    And error opening the web config port. May be 2 copies running. Or the service didn't stop.

    pgrep -l fr24feed
    If there is 2 listed

    sudo kill -9 <pid from above>

    and start it again.

    Once the config page is up (open browser under linux, 127.0.0.1:8754)

    Configure for beast-tcp 192.168.0.2:30333 and save

    Then ctrl-c. And start it again
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      OK, so PP is also set to TCP. Could be more than 1 connection blocked

      And error opening the web config port. May be 2 copies running. Or the service didn't stop.

      pgrep -l fr24feed
      If there is 2 listed

      sudo kill -9 <pid from above>

      and start it again.

      Once the config page is up (open browser under linux, 127.0.0.1:8754)

      Configure for beast-tcp 192.168.0.2:30333 and save

      Then ctrl-c. And start it again
      There were 6 instances of the fr24feed open so I killed them all and ran just a single one. Still the same and even with the change to beast-tcp and 30333 its the same, Online with no data. I can't understand why it doesn't communicate with the receiver properly when it even says its connected to the receiver.

      Comment


      • It may make a successful TCP connection, but not understand the data type.

        I'm not sure if the raw out of Planeplotter is the same for all receiver types. Perhaps it needs to be AVR-TCP. or even still SBS format on 30334

        Some more digging, the 'fix' for SBS units was included in RPi version after a test version from 19-5.

        As the .deb is 18-5. I have suddenly lowered my expectations for direct SBS data connections unless you have a Pi/ARM device.

        Windows had exceeded 19-15 so included it.

        If Anmer comes along, I think he has been using modesmixer successfully on SBS hardware. But that adds more levels of complexity to a virtual environment.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tomascubero View Post
          Oh one more thing,

          The two guides I've been using are from this post:

          https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...windows-feeder

          Which should I follow, Option 1 or 2?

          OPTION-1:
          Installing fr24feed Using Linux Binary "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz"
          CLICK HERE



          OPTION-2:
          Installing fr24feed Using debian package "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb"
          Don't ask me how at this point (its now 1AM)

          But I just managed to put the raspberry pi version on my VM with some mashing of commands and tips using ABCDs thread. Ignoring the 18-5 debian and using https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb instead.

          Yet to test it actually works (no traffic now). But may be viable.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Don't ask me how at this point (its now 1AM)

            But I just managed to put the raspberry pi version on my VM with some mashing of commands and tips using ABCDs thread. Ignoring the 18-5 debian and using https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.deb instead.

            Yet to test it actually works (no traffic now). But may be viable.
            Ok, tried to install it but it says my system architecture is i386 and that the package is armhf so I guess I need to change the VM's system architecture to armhf?

            Comment


            • Why don't you follow this post (Option 2 due to i386) : https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post116967

              Just the fr24feed settings will be different because you use SBS.

              Edit: Sorry, i should have read more of the thread. Disregard the above
              Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-05-08, 21:22.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                Why don't you follow this post (Option 2 due to i386) : https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post116967

                Just the fr24feed settings will be different because you use SBS.
                He has. And it doesn't see the data

                The .deb version is 18-5

                The SBS fixes were applied at 19-2. (https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ivers-RPI-only!)

                Math doesn't compute.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JackyNiew View Post
                  Hi,
                  I confirm that the current version for Windows 1.0.18-9 and SBS-1 absolutely does not work.
                  I spent 2 days testing everything, to understand that FR24feed was bugged.
                  I hope the Windows version will soon be available.

                  Best regards.
                  Jacky


                  Originally posted by Khan View Post
                  Yes, that is correct. The current one doesn't work, that's why this new test build to make sure it's working properly for everyone. If it's working for people then will have windows version done as well.

                  WHEN THE LINUX VERSIONS FOR x64 x86 WILL BE UPDATED?

                  fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz

                  fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-08, 22:51.

                  Comment



                  • GO GET A PI!

                    The best option, when Windows feeder is discontinued, is to migrate to Raspberry Pi

                    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-08, 22:44.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

                      GO GET A PI!

                      The best option, when Windows feeder is discontinued, is to migrate to Raspberry Pi

                      It has been btw. 2 days ago.

                      So lots will be looking for a solution now.

                      Oddly I changed architecture, installed some dependencies into the VM version with raspian and it appears to be installed using the script 0.o

                      Just got to get home and test it actually receives and uploads

                      Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        It has been btw. 2 days ago.

                        So lots will be looking for a solution now.

                        Oddly I changed architecture, installed some dependencies into the VM version with raspian and it appears to be installed using the script 0.o

                        Just got to get home and test it actually receives and uploads

                        Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                        Let me know how that goes so I can give it a try now.

                        Comment


                        • Right now I am not at home. When back home, I will try to install the RPi .deb package (fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb) on Raspbian x86 in VM on Windows by following method (same as for i386.deb package except that the downloaded package is armhf.deb instead of i386.deb).

                          If successful, it will be a great help for SBS users.


                          Code:
                          # Download RPi .deb package ver 1.0.23.8 from repository
                          cd 
                          wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb 
                          
                          # Check your machine's architecture by command below: 
                          uname -m 
                          
                          # If command "uname -m" outputs "x86_64", then give following two commands 
                          sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 
                          sudo apt install libc6:i386 libudev1:i386 zlib1g:i386 libusb-1.0-0:i386 libstdc++6:i386 dirmngr 
                          
                          # If command "uname -m" does NOT output "x86_64", then give following command 
                          sudo apt install libc6 libudev1 zlib1g libusb-1.0-0 libstdc++6 dirmngr 
                          
                          # After installing dependencies as above, install the downloaded fr24feed ver 1.0.23.8_armhf.deb package
                          
                          sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

                          Comment


                          • That's pretty much what I followed. And it seemed to start. Just not sure if it will grab/send data yet.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

                              GO GET A PI!

                              The best option, when Windows feeder is discontinued, is to migrate to Raspberry Pi

                              I have to agree with this, and just a week ago I was going to stop feeding after 5 years because of the switch!! Setting up the PI is trivial and the savings in power is well worth it for people that dedicated an entire PC to feeding FR24! The server I used is still up to I am actually using a bit more juice by adding a PI, but still, the PI solution is superior to the old windows feeder for MLAT alone! I seem to get much better decoding and range with 1.15~dev as well. A side bonus is installing and feeding FA on the same tiny PI is also super easy.

                              It also feeds ADSBScope rather nicely on port 30002! - adbsscope.jpg

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JackL View Post
                                I have to agree with this, and just a week ago I was going to stop feeding after 5 years because of the switch!! Setting up the PI is trivial and the savings in power is well worth it for people that dedicated an entire PC to feeding FR24! The server I used is still up to I am actually using a bit more juice by adding a PI, but still, the PI solution is superior to the old windows feeder for MLAT alone! I seem to get much better decoding and range with 1.15~dev as well. A side bonus is installing and feeding FA on the same tiny PI is also super easy.

                                It also feeds ADSBScope rather nicely on port 30002! - [ATTACH=CONFIG]10586[/ATTACH]
                                For DVBT, yes. Unfortunately, doesn't help the portion of the 8,000+ sbs models out there that feed fr24. Later models also produce audio for ATC and acars.

                                Early versions need a windows PC as no onboard decoder. And if you want the graphical feature you tend to have one running 24/7 already. With a pi, often lose that ability totally thanks to the feed sw coding.

                                Say there was 5% of a 10,000 uploader base on windows and the majority sbs. That's 200 people suddenly not able to use em.

                                Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-05-09, 00:45.
                                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X