Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Airports

Hi All,

I am new to this side of Flight Radar, but I was wondering how to go about adding and airport to the system. I have applied for the Flight Radar DVB box, but if I dont get it then I will add my own to the network.
    I am the Aerodrome reporting officer at Carrapateena in South Australia (YCPT)
    Thanks.

Hi and welcome. Carrapatenna had me going for the atlas ... I know the great pub about 85kms to the east on the other side of Lake Torrens !

If you're talking about getting a feeder code for YCPT Carrapateena, my understanding is it needs to have both an ICAO and IATA code before FR24 can assign a code, and if you are looking for a blue airport marker pin, then it needs to have scheduled RPT services. There are exceptions ... maybe send FR24 Support an email via the Contact link and ask.

Peter

ylis

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
      Hi and welcome. Carrapatenna had me going for the atlas ... I know the great pub about 85kms to the east on the other side of Lake Torrens !

If you're talking about getting a feeder code for YCPT Carrapateena, my understanding is it needs to have both an ICAO and IATA code before FR24 can assign a code, and if you are looking for a blue airport marker pin, then it needs to have scheduled RPT services. There are exceptions ... maybe send FR24 Support an email via the Contact link and ask.

Peter
      I badgered FR24 for years to put an airport marker at Ballera, a Santos gas facility in the far south west corner of Qld because it has a jet airport, there had been a FR24 feeder there for years, there was significant FIFO traffic and the place was almost impossible to find on Google maps without a marker. It eventually happened but I don't know if I actually had any influence. They originally reckoned that there was no RPT traffic only "mining" charters. I argued that the energy industry closed charters were largely run to a schedule by RPT licensed airlines such as Alliance using jets and turboprops. I think you might have a show of scoring a FR24 feeder at Carrapatenna. There is one at Olympic Dam but have a go. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X