Pi feeding. USB stick dropping offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi feeding. USB stick dropping offline

Hello, I am new to feeding data. I have setup My raspberry pi with my ADS-B reciever i picked up off of amazon. (Would post the link but this is my first post). I am currently having 2 problems:

1. When i goto 192.168.0.10:8754 website, it says 0 aircraft tracked. I am not sure which to use, the DVBT setting or micro ADSb setting. Currently I am using microADSb.

2. When I try to activate my pi on the flightradar website, it says no devices found.

Activating receiver is automatic once feed up.

Manual activation is only available If you used the PI24 image (not mentioned) and it had not automatically done so.

You can tell by the radar Id on the same configuration page you have been accessing.

More info with diagnostic tips etc here. https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...dditional-Info

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Im using the PI24 image. Ill have a look at that link shortly.

Comment

Ok, in that link that you provided,

My DVB-T dongle is ADS-B compatible, it has the R820 chip. Nothing wrong here.

It says "Do NOT enable raw data on start up" i had done this thinking that it would be fine. Im guessing this could mess up mine

"Image has a pre-installed version of Dump1090 designed for first/single setup - will allocate extra bogus radar ID during repeated setups. Use manual setup after first attempt" I had configured the setup without inputting latitude etc, then later i had repeated a setup. Im guessing this could mess up mine

My reciever keeps going down fr24feed-status:
        pi@PiRadar24:~ $ fr24feed-status
        [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
        [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-11-09 22:37:27.
        [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
        [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EGWZ37.
        [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
        [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
        [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!
        pi@PiRadar24:~ $

Comment

Still looking through the link...

Comment

You have a code..so you don't need to activate.

EGWZ37

But you may have upset the way dump1090 runs. The idea of the image is stick USB in. Write image

It self sets up, asks you to confirm details. And runs.

The fact you state you changed it to microadsb etc tells me you have likely now bypassed most of that and manually reconfigured over the top of the automatic settings / way they set it up.

Best bet is to write down your share code Etc. And start afresh, this time with standard raspian (not lite) and the manual install script.

Populating the questions with the same email and sharer code as required. Rather than skipping.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

So what do you suggest? Should I rewrite the pi24 image? I dont see how using the full desktop image will help? ssh protocol is completely fine? Ill reply tommorw, good night.

Comment

Raspian is only full desktop if you enable and install it. On the other hand Fr24 burn a bunch of static settings and options to their slimmed down image. It's also based on a lite copy so may not have wifi capability (and a few others) either.

Depends on how confident you are at finding out what's crashing the service and how it loads.
                It is (normally unless bypassed) auto set with dvbt settings and starts dump1090 in (an yet to be determined) odd way and can make adding other feeders to it tricky I believe thanks to what seems to be run on demand services.

As its designed as a fire and forget. Since you have some SSH know how?, it makes sense and pi24 is probably a bit too dumbed down to fix without knowing what is causing dump1090 to terminate/go offline like it is ATM.

Chances are if you reburn pi24, unless it's been fixed to realise past details it'll give you a brand new feeder code and all.

The other option is hard uninstall or reconfigure fr24feed and dump1090-mutability separately using dpkg commands in the link and hope the commands are included to allow it and put dump 1090 on its own run as service setup, clear the dump1090 specifics from the config page and attach fr24feed to its network outputs instead.

Which is how it ends up with vanilla OS and adding manually.

Comment

The alternate is of course. Not enough USB power and the stick is falling off. Which also commonly caused feeder offline.

Comment

i had posted something last night, mustave bot shown up. here is sudo fr24feed --status :

More reciever proof as well as errors
                    fr24feed --status:

pi@PiRadar24:~ $ fr24feed --status
                    /dev/shm/decoder.txt: Permission denied
                    [main][e]Could not create monitor file!
                    Could not open /var/log/fr24feed/fr24feed.log for writing!
                    ______ _ _ _ _ _ _____ ___
                    | ___|| |(_) | | | | | | / __ \ / |
                    | |_ | | _ __ _ | |__ | |_ _ __ __ _ __| | __ _ _ __`' / /' / /| |
                    | _| | || | / _` || '_ \ | __|| '__|/ _` | / _` | / _` || '__| / / / /_| |
                    | | | || || (_| || | | || |_ | | | (_| || (_| || (_| || | ./ /___\___ |
                    \_| |_||_| \__, ||_| |_| \__||_| \__,_| \__,_| \__,_||_| \_____/ |_/
                    __/ |
                    |___/
                    [main][i]FR24 Feeder/Decoder
                    [main][i]Version: 1.0.23-8/generic
                    [main][i]Built on Oct 11 2018 18:27:28 (HEAD-3c696a7.git/Linux/static_armel)
                    [main][i]Running on: pi24-raspbian9
                    [main][i]Local IP(s): 192.168.0.10 192.168.0.12
                    [main][i]Copyright 2012-2018 Flightradar24 AB
                    [main][i]https://www.flightradar24.com
                    [main][i]DNS mode: PING
                    [main][i]Automatic updates are ENABLED
                    ERROR: rmmod: ERROR: Module dvb_usb_rtl28xxu is not currently loaded
                    [httpd][[main][i]Reader thread started
                    [reader][i]Initializing reader
                    [main][i]MLAT data feed started
                    [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --raw --mlat)
                    e]bind function failed, errno: 9[master][i]Starting processing thread
                    [mlat][i]Waiting for MLAT configuration
                    [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
                    [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
                    [httpd][d]Master thread terminated
                    Fri Nov 9 22:40:14 2018 UTC dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.
                    No supported RTLSDR devices found.
                    [reader][i]Connection terminated
                    [main][i]Terminating child process 2175 with SIGTERM
                    [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
                    [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --raw --mlat)
                    Fri Nov 9 22:40:20 2018 UTC dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.
                    [main][i]Terminating child process 2188 with SIGTERM
                    Fri Nov 9 22:40:25 2018 UTC dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.
                    [main][i]Terminating child process 2198 with SIGTERM
                    Fri Nov 9 22:40:31 2018 UTC dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.

sudo service fr24feed stop, sudo fr24

Comment

Heres something: (Ill reflash my SD card to Raspbian Stretch wen I get back home from work.):

Sat Nov 10 08:29:39 2018 UTC dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.
                      2018-11-10 08:29:39 | [reader][i]Connection terminated
                      2018-11-10 08:29:39 | [main][i]Terminating child process 4132 with SIGTERM
                      2018-11-10 08:29:45 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --raw --mlat)
                      2018-11-10 08:29:45 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
                      2018-11-10 08:29:45 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
                      Sat Nov 10 08:29:45 2018 UTC dump1090-mutability v1.14 starting up.

Comment

Big indicator your stick is going offline

Comment

Why would it go offline? Its plugged in properly?

Comment

Ok, i reflashed with Raspbian stretch, I inserted mlat calc and latitude, etc. I had tracked 1 aircraft, but now when i do fr24feed-status i get reciever is down. What should i do?

Comment

It looks like I had to reinsert the USB stick.

Comment

Working...
                              X