No announcement yet.

Pi24 Fails on startup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect! I have a dedicated statux 978 dongle on the way. I have the next three days off so hopefully I can get dump978 up and running.

EDIT: After looking at that page it seems the script will shutdown if I say no to dump1090 and im hoping that auto install will work on my 3 B+.
    Is there a manual way of installing dump978?
    Last edited by wx4tcc; 2018-09-03, 17:40.

Comment

wx4tcc

Where are you located? The 978UAT transponder is fitted in aeroplanes in USA only. If you are in any other country, there will be no planes with UAT 978, and you wont receive any 978 signal.

Comment

Oklahoma. US - guess i should update my profile and add that .

Comment

Originally posted by wx4tcc View Post
          EDIT: After looking at that page it seems the script will shutdown if I say no to dump1090
          The script will shutdown ONLY if it does not detect any dump1090 already installed, and then you say NO.

If the script detects a version is existing, it will offer to upgrade it like this:

"dump1090-mutability (upgrade)"

In this case if you dont say OK, script will not stop. It will move to feeder options.

and im hoping that auto install will work on my 3 B+.
          Yes, sure.

Is there a manual way of installing dump978?
          If script can install it, then it can also be manually installed.
          Unfortunately I dont know it.

Why not you try the script, and if it fails then think of manual method.

NOTE
          Do ÑOT select any option except dump978, otherwise the script will install unnecessary apps.
          Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-03, 21:42.

Comment

I had to install 1090 manually and actually enjoyed doing it but of course I will try the installer first.

Comment

This might be off topic for for this thread but any chance I can take dump1090/978 mobile with me i.e. while flying like stratux allows? Since im not a pilot but I fly with my best friend who got me back into aviation I would like to take this with me when we go flying. It appears the Stratux system will only work with actual paid flight apps like foreflight ect.

Comment

If there is no internet connection, the map in dump1090 and dump978 displays a white (blank)page with aeroplanes.

Map_without_internet_690x481.png

Comment

I figured there would be a map issue. If only we could download certain states or areas to the computer or the sd card.

Comment

I recently saw some post about remote access on here but cannot find that thread anymore. Since my Pi is connected to my home Wifi that has a static IP is there a way I can pull up my dump1090/978 pages while im away from home i.e. at work?

Comment

wx4tcc

1) Open a port in your home router (also known as port forwarding)
                      2) VPN (virtual private network)
                      3) Free services like noip.com

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        wx4tcc

1) Open a port in your home router (also known as port forwarding)
                        2) VPN (virtual private network)
                        3) Free services like noip.com

Yeah I have all of that done because other web services I use. I wasnt sure if there is a config file I need to edit and change the ports in the Pi or what.

Comment

No, you dont have to do anything in your Pi. Once you have port forwad / open port in your ROUTER, simply type in browser on remote computer:

ip-of-home-network/dump1090/gmap.html
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-11, 03:36.

Comment

No, you dont have to do anything in your Pi. Once you have port forwad / open port in your ROUTER, simply type in browser on remote computer:

ip-of-home-network/dump1090/gmap.html
                            How does dump1090 know to use that port that I opened tho?
                            Shouldnt I have to use something like this, utilizing the port I opened?
                            http://46.72.156.2:8036/dump1090/gmap.html (not a real address just an example)

Comment

The webserver serving the map is lighttpd. Its default port is 80.

In your router, for your Pi, you have to open "web server" or "HTTP" and specify port 80.

Once you do that, following address will show the map

(46.72.156.2 is example IP)

In the example below, the port forwarding page of router setup.

Application is HTTP
                              Port is 80
                              Local IP of Pi is 192.168.0.21

2018-09-11 02.04.55.jpg
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-11, 06:09.

Comment

The webserver serving the map is lighttpd. Its default port is 80.

In your router, for your Pi, you have to open "web server" or "HTTP" and specify port 80.

Once you do that, following address will show the map

(46.72.156.2 is example IP)

In the example below, the port forwarding page of router setup.

Application is HTTP
                                Port is 80
                                Local IP of Pi is 192.168.0.21

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9750[/ATTACH]
                                My ISP (cox cable in the united states) has blocked port 80 from being opened.
                                https://www.cox.com/residential/support/internet-ports-blocked-or-restricted-by-cox.html
                                I am also using a router rented from my ISP. I need to open another port that is not blocked by my ISP however it looks like I will need to edit a file in lighttpd. Can you let me know the file I need to edit to change the port?

Comment

Working...
                                X