Contacting RPi FR24 feeder on LAN from laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting RPi FR24 feeder on LAN from laptop

Cheers to all. I am a noob and a novice. I've trolled the boards looking for my answers, but I'm not even sure how to ask what I need to ask, so if this is a duplicate, please accept my apologies. I am also a Linux idiot.

I am running a RPi 2+ and a DVB-T stick for the last week or so. I do not have an impressive feed yet, but I'm working on it.

When I first boot my RPi, I can run use my 8754 port to get to the settings screen or I can run Virtual Radar Server from my laptop with no issues. However, if my laptop returns to the screen saver or login screen, I am no longer able to access the 8754 settings or successfully connect Virtual Radar Server. The laptop just cant seem to find the RPi with a Static LAN address. If I reboot the laptop, this will not fix the issue, but if I disconnect and reapply power to the RPi it starts working again.

It almost seems as if the RPi can accept one connection during a power event. Once that one event has taken place, no more LAN events are possible. Keep in mind that although the RPi is not accessible by LAN, it is continuously feeding to FR24.com. My instinct is that I've messed up a setting on the RPi or the LAN router needs some sort of advanced setting (port forwarding, maybe). Any tips to repeatedly and reliably connect to my RPi FR24 feeder stream without rebooting the RPi each time?

Thanks, MT

Have you tried with XX.XX.XX.XX/dump1090/gmap.html ? Does it happen the same as accesing to the 8754 port?

In my case I can access gmap.html from different computers in my LAN.

Comment

Did you enable ssh when you set up your pi?

Comment

Working...
      X