Problems with feeder statistics and data sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mem0tap View Post
    so they'd be sending out 10,000+ emails daily!
    Which is a tiny amount of email traffic.

Other systems with large numbers of participants manage to do this without any problem. https://atlas.ripe.net is one example that notifies any of 10,000+ probes when they are disconnected for a user-configurable time.

Frankly it's surprising that they've taken so long to fix the problem and offered so little information to participants. One wonders if they have some sort of serious organisational issue such as finding a person who understands their system. Maybe they outsourced their server development and have no internal competence?

Whatever the cause, it's a heck of a long time for an online service to be broken.

Comment

• I'd hazard a guess that the stats have got stuck for the last couple of days. I can't see any up/down arrows on the FR stats page and Patrick's excellent page also shows identical stats for 14th and 15th.

Comment

• it seems to be frozen. Maybe they're working on the database?

Comment

• Originally posted by brummfondl View Post
          it seems to be frozen. Maybe they're working on the database?
          Nah, they've gone home for the weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            Most likely yes. If you already have dump1090-fa or dump1090-mutabity ver 1.15, and choose Receiver=DVBT, them fr24feed will install dump10o0-mutability v1.14, causing conflict between two versions of dump1090, and result in malfuntion.
            Hey abcd567, I eventually did a fresh install of my Dump1090mut and FR24feed. Using your advice of how to set up FR24 to ensure it also doesn't install itself a version of Dump, my system now displays the adsbproject range graphs etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonethecrows View Post
              I do not wish to add to the controversy about statistics, but I have also noted something strange. In the past when on the main Flightradar dsplay, dislpaying the map and aircraft, clicking on any aircraft would show (in my area at least) a fair mix of 'F-' and 'T-' radars, now they all seem to be mainly 'F-' radars and rarely a 'T-' radar. Is it just my obversation?
              Nope, I’ve noticed the same!

Comment

• Perhaps they have changed their feedin priority to only supplied equipment(F-)?

Comment

• The stats look unchanged again today so I've logged a support ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonethecrows View Post
                    I do not wish to add to the controversy about statistics, but I have also noted something strange. In the past when on the main Flightradar dsplay, dislpaying the map and aircraft, clicking on any aircraft would show (in my area at least) a fair mix of 'F-' and 'T-' radars, now they all seem to be mainly 'F-' radars and rarely a 'T-' radar. Is it just my obversation?
                    Well spotted. I've just checked the whole of Portugal and all the feeds are F. Something weird is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetlagged787 View Post
                      Well spotted. I've just checked the whole of Portugal and all the feeds are F. Something weird is going on.
                      I've checked mine, F & T Stations are in working.

Comment

• Originally posted by elljay View Post
                        The stats look unchanged again today so I've logged a support ticket.
                        I've also emailed them, asking about stats and F- and T- feeders.

Comment

• I've just checked my area (North of Spain) both F- and T- feeders working.

Comment

• I've had a reply from FR24 and they claim all is OK.
                            Funny thing, I believe my rank has just updated (although I never saw the green arrow indicating an increase in rank).

Anyone else noticed the stats updating?

Comment

• Mine has already been updated in the last couple of hours. No arrows.

Comment

• C'mon FR24. Give us an update!

Comment

Working...
                                X