Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use one ADS-B antenna to feed Flightradar24 and as well as to Flightaware ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonf
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    You need another linux box or raspberry pi.

This is a guide that should work for you:

https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...DS-B-receiver/

See the install page for readsb, it mentions using data via the network, use the IP of the flightfeeder and use port 30005:
    https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...ion-for-readsb

Then you also install graphs and have nice statistics.
    How to install fr24feed is also mentioned.

This is a bit more software than pointing fr24feed directly at the flightfeeder as a datasource, but maybe this is enough explanation to get you started?
    Also as already said it has the advantage that you can pretty normally install other feed clients on the pi once you have readsb running.
    Thanks, but that's way beyond my IT capabilities! I thought could do something to my Flightfeeder and feed to FR24 in no time. Seems I was mistaken!

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You need another linux box or raspberry pi.

This is a guide that should work for you:

https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...DS-B-receiver/

See the install page for readsb, it mentions using data via the network, use the IP of the flightfeeder and use port 30005:
    https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...ion-for-readsb

Then you also install graphs and have nice statistics.
    How to install fr24feed is also mentioned.

This is a bit more software than pointing fr24feed directly at the flightfeeder as a datasource, but maybe this is enough explanation to get you started?
    Also as already said it has the advantage that you can pretty normally install other feed clients on the pi once you have readsb running.

Leave a comment:

• Antonf
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    pramodhBraj:

Good news, Flightaware allows the data from Flightfeeder to be fed to other sites.

Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.

So with this permission, you can feed data of Flightfeeder to FlightRadar24 provided you dont make any modification to their supplied hardware and software. How this is possible? Simple. Only requirement is that your Flightfeeder and Pi should be connected to same network/router.

On your Pi you dont need a dvbt dongle or antenna. Just install fr24 feeder, and configure flightradar24 feeder as given below, and your Pi/fr24feeder will pull data from Flightfeeder through network.

Configuration of fr24feeder on Pi
    Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
    Host/IP: local-ip-of-flightfeeder:30005

You can find local-ip-of-flightfeeder from flightfeeder screen, or your flightaware stats page https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/ . You must be logged in to your flightaware account when visiting this site . The local-ip-of-pi will be something like 192.168.0.12
    This GREAT! I notice numerous nearby flights on Flightaware not on FR24.

The catch though - i have absolutely ZERO clue as to how to do the configuration you mention! Can you explain it so a fossil like myself can understand it?

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    [QUOTE I already have DVB-T Dongle to I thought By Cutting the middle part of their's Antenna's cable and adding another Coaxial cable to antenna and Making the Antenna's cable to Bypass the signals to Both Feeders (i.e) One section of cable to FlightFeeder and another part of Cable to my Raspberry pi3 Via DVB-T Dongle Is that possible?[/QUOTE]

Use an antenna power splitter.

Leave a comment:

• pramodhBraj
    replied
    Hi Hello!@abcd567 I just received my FlightFeeder. I do have the Question How can I install multiple Image files such like Pi24 , Radarbox pi and Planefinders on same SD Card will that conflict with each other? Or Do I wants to Install the Extracted image files on Seperate folders on Same SD Cards Will that work? Please help me

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• pramodhBraj
    replied
    +abcd567 Woohoo!! Yay Tysm I'm upsetted completely Now I'm enjoying this condition Yeah!! Then I'm gonna to access full features of FR24 yay My leg is not on Earth I'm now flying on Space Again tysm buddy I now bookmarked this page

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    pramodhBraj:

Good news, Flightaware allows the data from Flightfeeder to be fed to other sites.

Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.

Can I share data from the FlightFeeder with other sites?

Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community. However we ask that MLAT data not be used for commercial purposes.
    So with this permission, you can feed data of Flightfeeder to FlightRadar24 provided you dont make any modification to their supplied hardware and software. How this is possible? Simple. Only requirement is that your Flightfeeder and Pi should be connected to same network/router.

On your Pi you dont need a dvbt dongle or antenna. Just install fr24 feeder, and configure flightradar24 feeder as given below, and your Pi/fr24feeder will pull data from Flightfeeder through network.

Configuration of fr24feeder on Pi
    Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
    Host/IP: local-ip-of-flightfeeder:30005

You can find local-ip-of-flightfeeder from flightfeeder screen, or your flightaware stats page https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/ . You must be logged in to your flightaware account when visiting this site . The local-ip-of-pi will be something like 192.168.0.12
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-09, 05:11.

Leave a comment:

• pramodhBraj
    replied
    +abd567 Is there any way to Protect my Radar Antenna from Lightning and Thunder , I'm Little bit Scared ��������⛈⛈ on that Please reply as soon as possible

Leave a comment:

• pramodhBraj
    replied
    +abcd567 Okay Thx for your reply

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Also see this one:

Optimize the Whip Antenna Which Is Supplied With DVB-T Dongle

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-01, 06:03.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by pramodhBraj View Post
    +abcd567 Okay !! Then How can I Do DIY Antenna ? like real ADS-B Antenna?���� Because I really needs free subscription From FlightRadar24 rathar than paying So Can you explain it or by using indoor antenna can it be able to access the external antenna is that possible?
    Three Easy DIY Antennas:
    1. Spider built with SO239 connector
    2. Cantenna made of Coke/Pepsi can
    3. Quick Spider, made of coax cable only, no SO239 connector required.

3 EASY ANTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS

Leave a comment:

• pramodhBraj
    replied
    +abcd567 Okay !! Then How can I Do DIY Antenna ? like real ADS-B Antenna?���� Because I really needs free subscription From FlightRadar24 rathar than paying So Can you explain it or by using indoor antenna can it be able to access the external antenna is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by pramodhBraj View Post
    +abcd567 Did Flightaware track the Modified software? or How they know That I was modified there software?
    As far as I know, you cannot access the software either by GUI or SSH. Also their server detect what software is in use. Also by modifying, you will violate their terms of use.

I already have DVB-T Dongle to I thought By Cutting the middle part of their's Antenna's cable and adding another Coaxial cable to antenna and Making the Antenna's cable to Bypass the signals to Both Feeders (i.e) One section of cable to FlightFeeder and another part of Cable to my Raspberry pi3 Via DVB-T Dongle Is that possible?
    This will considerably reduce signal to both the FlightFeeder and the Pi and result in poor reception. Also by cutting their supplied cable and joining with another cable, you will modify their hardware, which is again violation of their terms of service

Leave a comment:

• pramodhBraj
    replied
    +abcd567 Did Flightaware track the Modified software? or How they know That I was modified there software? I already have DVB-T Dongle to I thought By Cutting the middle part of their's Antenna's cable and adding another Coaxial cable to antenna and Making the Antenna's cable to Bypass the signals to Both Feeders (i.e) One section of cable to FlightFeeder and another part of Cable to my Raspberry pi3 Via DVB-T Dongle Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    I dont think Flightaware allows user to modify their Flightfeeder's hardware & software and install any additional software, or use it to feed sites other than theirs Just check their terms of service for providing a FlightFeeder free of cost.

The method described in "How to feed data to multiple sites - a brief guide" is for user-purchased hardware.

You already have Raspberry Pi + microSD card. You have to purchase an Antenna + DVB-T, and cable from antenna to DVB-T.

Write Raspbian image on microSD card, and install FR24 feeder software on it.

Alternatively you can download Pi24 image from Flightradar24, and write it to microSD card of Pi. It contains all the software needed to feed Flightradar24.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-31, 21:31.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X