Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use one ADS-B antenna to feed Flightradar24 and as well as to Flightaware ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use one ADS-B antenna to feed Flightradar24 and as well as to Flightaware ?

Hi, I'm Flight Nerd as well as Space lover to I Have one Doubt Please help me to fix the issue

As I'm Interested in Contributing with those two awesome websites for Science I wish to ask this mean question to all
    would doing lke this interference with both signals?
    I wish you can help me

YES, you can feed both sites. They dont interfere with each other.

How to Feed Data to Multiple Sites - A Brief Guide

Comment

+abcd567 (Typing this name gives me chaotic laugh) Okay Please can you give me installation tutorial or Guidance !! Because just now I got an approved message from Flightaware they are sending me one FlightFeeder I'm enjoying to get that !So I'm eager to learn more I already have Raspberry Pi 3, 8 GB SD card Thx again for your reply

Comment

I dont think Flightaware allows user to modify their Flightfeeder's hardware & software and install any additional software, or use it to feed sites other than theirs Just check their terms of service for providing a FlightFeeder free of cost.

The method described in "How to feed data to multiple sites - a brief guide" is for user-purchased hardware.

You already have Raspberry Pi + microSD card. You have to purchase an Antenna + DVB-T, and cable from antenna to DVB-T.

Write Raspbian image on microSD card, and install FR24 feeder software on it.

Alternatively you can download Pi24 image from Flightradar24, and write it to microSD card of Pi. It contains all the software needed to feed Flightradar24.
        Last edited by abcd567; 2018-05-31, 21:31.

Comment

+abcd567 Did Flightaware track the Modified software? or How they know That I was modified there software? I already have DVB-T Dongle to I thought By Cutting the middle part of their's Antenna's cable and adding another Coaxial cable to antenna and Making the Antenna's cable to Bypass the signals to Both Feeders (i.e) One section of cable to FlightFeeder and another part of Cable to my Raspberry pi3 Via DVB-T Dongle Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by pramodhBraj View Post
            +abcd567 Did Flightaware track the Modified software? or How they know That I was modified there software?
            As far as I know, you cannot access the software either by GUI or SSH. Also their server detect what software is in use. Also by modifying, you will violate their terms of use.

I already have DVB-T Dongle to I thought By Cutting the middle part of their's Antenna's cable and adding another Coaxial cable to antenna and Making the Antenna's cable to Bypass the signals to Both Feeders (i.e) One section of cable to FlightFeeder and another part of Cable to my Raspberry pi3 Via DVB-T Dongle Is that possible?
            This will considerably reduce signal to both the FlightFeeder and the Pi and result in poor reception. Also by cutting their supplied cable and joining with another cable, you will modify their hardware, which is again violation of their terms of service

Comment

+abcd567 Okay !! Then How can I Do DIY Antenna ? like real ADS-B Antenna?���� Because I really needs free subscription From FlightRadar24 rathar than paying So Can you explain it or by using indoor antenna can it be able to access the external antenna is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by pramodhBraj View Post
                +abcd567 Okay !! Then How can I Do DIY Antenna ? like real ADS-B Antenna?���� Because I really needs free subscription From FlightRadar24 rathar than paying So Can you explain it or by using indoor antenna can it be able to access the external antenna is that possible?
                Three Easy DIY Antennas:
                1. Spider built with SO239 connector
                2. Cantenna made of Coke/Pepsi can
                3. Quick Spider, made of coax cable only, no SO239 connector required.

3 EASY ANTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS

Comment

Also see this one:

Optimize the Whip Antenna Which Is Supplied With DVB-T Dongle

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-01, 06:03.

Comment

+abcd567 Okay Thx for your reply

Comment

+abd567 Is there any way to Protect my Radar Antenna from Lightning and Thunder , I'm Little bit Scared ��������⛈⛈ on that Please reply as soon as possible

Comment

pramodhBraj:

Good news, Flightaware allows the data from Flightfeeder to be fed to other sites.

Le meilleur outil de suivi des vols : Cartes de suivi en temps réel, statut des vols, et retards dans les aéroports pour les vols des compagnies aériennes, les vols privés et ceux de l'aviation générale, et aéroports.

Can I share data from the FlightFeeder with other sites?

Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community. However we ask that MLAT data not be used for commercial purposes.
                        So with this permission, you can feed data of Flightfeeder to FlightRadar24 provided you dont make any modification to their supplied hardware and software. How this is possible? Simple. Only requirement is that your Flightfeeder and Pi should be connected to same network/router.

On your Pi you dont need a dvbt dongle or antenna. Just install fr24 feeder, and configure flightradar24 feeder as given below, and your Pi/fr24feeder will pull data from Flightfeeder through network.

Configuration of fr24feeder on Pi
                        Receiver: ModeS Beast (TCP)
                        Host/IP: local-ip-of-flightfeeder:30005

You can find local-ip-of-flightfeeder from flightfeeder screen, or your flightaware stats page https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/ . You must be logged in to your flightaware account when visiting this site . The local-ip-of-pi will be something like 192.168.0.12
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2018-06-09, 05:11.

Comment

+abcd567 Woohoo!! Yay Tysm I'm upsetted completely Now I'm enjoying this condition Yeah!! Then I'm gonna to access full features of FR24 yay My leg is not on Earth I'm now flying on Space Again tysm buddy I now bookmarked this page

Comment

Hi Hello!@abcd567 I just received my FlightFeeder. I do have the Question How can I install multiple Image files such like Pi24 , Radarbox pi and Planefinders on same SD Card will that conflict with each other? Or Do I wants to Install the Extracted image files on Seperate folders on Same SD Cards Will that work? Please help me

Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE I already have DVB-T Dongle to I thought By Cutting the middle part of their's Antenna's cable and adding another Coaxial cable to antenna and Making the Antenna's cable to Bypass the signals to Both Feeders (i.e) One section of cable to FlightFeeder and another part of Cable to my Raspberry pi3 Via DVB-T Dongle Is that possible?[/QUOTE]

Use an antenna power splitter.
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                              X