No announcement yet.

Feeder stats reporting downtime, mlat/fr24 link/ server disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same with me, good news i can now see mlat and more ground targets lol, just shows that FR must also effect your display results, even though i am just feeding them data.

Comment

Originally posted by Coxy View Post
      Same with me, good news i can now see mlat and more ground targets lol, just shows that FR must also effect your display results, even though i am just feeding them data.
      Yours is totally different. As we've tried to allude to your system quite likely has 2 versions of dump1090 or equivalent installed. And each time you change something and restart or adjust one of the software that does a stop/start the other less configurable one takes over control of the stick and open ports.

MLAT on local display does NOT come from fr24, its a flightaware/other feature. If you weren't seeing them beforehand, it's because the client wasn't opening all the required ports/configured for the right remote server.. (likely only trimmed fr24 version)
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi Oblivian, i understand the Mlat, (still something they should correct to make the app greater) but still doesn’t explain why when my FR feed is on i see a noticeable reduction in ground hits on an airport (not Mlat)... Just an observation.

Thanks for all you guys do...

Comment

Hello, I guess the issue still persists, after it worked for a bit again last night. fr24feed-status, shows all fine; then looking at the log it reads [e]HTTP Response: [HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden]

Comment

Originally posted by SlashbNL View Post
            Hello, I guess the issue still persists, after it worked for a bit again last night. fr24feed-status, shows all fine; then looking at the log it reads [e]HTTP Response: [HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden]
            I comfirm.

Comment

Same here.
              Please let us know when it's fixed

pi@piaware:/var/log$ sudo fr24feed-status
              [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
              [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-06-15 16:21:45.
              [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
              [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EHSB156.
              [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 36.
              [ ok ] Receiver: connected (78210 MSGS/0 SYNC).
              [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
              [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 34.

screen.jpg

Comment

Same here in Malta, same issues. Just leave the system alone, it should arrange alone :-)

Comment

I checked global sharing statistics and everyones upload time has recently decreased.
                  Further I checked 30 user with statistic sharing enabled across the whole world.
                  All are showing the same issue mentioned here.
                  If status online is shown the upload seems working OK, as I was able to see aircraft from stations that show status online (mine included).

Summed up: everyone seems to be affected by this issue and therefore the problem should not be related to a station side problem.
                  Considering the time it currently last it seems to be a major problem, that can't be fixed easily.

So, the only thing we can do is to lay back until the problem is fixed.

Comment

Just to let you know. Had a look. Seems to be ipv6 related. Disabled ipv6 and all connected. Something went wrong on DNS lookup for a PTR.

not had change to dig into further, but maybe same for all.

I disabled ipv6 with this command if you want to try

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

Comment

tech007 is right, it is definitely ipv6 related

EDIT: seems like they just removed the ipv6-entry for the domain resolving the problem.

i'll leave the rest of the post but you shouldn't need it

if you don't or can't disable ipv6 for some reason, you can get the ip of the feed server with:
                      ping -4 feed.flightradar24.com

and add a line to /etc/hosts
                      104.20.1.101 feed.flightradar24.com

you should replace the ip with the one you get from the ping
                      drawback or maybe advantage is it's not reset with a reboot like disabling ipv6 with the method described above.
                      major drawback is that should the ip change the feeder won't work anymore but hey by then it's probably fixed and you can remove the line.
                      Last edited by wiedehopf; 2018-06-15, 19:57.

Comment

Thanks for your investigation, i did as you mentioned and turned off ipv6 and am now online.

Comment

For me the problem persists without ipv6.
                          JRF: T-ETOU56
                          Mainz, Germany

Comment

Unfortunately here to. I had working connection over the night, as I did last night, but no feed now for over two hours...

Comment

Originally posted by vejbymats@gmail.com View Post
                              Unfortunately here to. I had working connection over the night, as I did last night, but no feed now for over two hours...
                              Same here.

Comment

The problem with user statistics can't be related to IPV6, because...

... I'm using IPV6 and my status is online,
                                ... the log is clean (same content as before the problem started on thursday morning),
                                ... fr24feed-status delivers all green/ok
                                ... I saw an aircraft on the map upoaded by my station (and by other stations with blank statistics and status online on statistics page)
                                ... flightradar24.com/account/data-sharing page showing status online

My stats page is, as everyone elses, almost blank since thursday morning. So something in the ststistics database / procedures / processes must have gone to nirvana and FR24 staff wasn't able to fix it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X