Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Flightradar24 ADS-B install - working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flightradar24 ADS-B install - working?

Sorry if this has been done to death before and also sorry if this is in the wrong group but I have searched and found nowt so I hope someone can point me in the right direction?

I have done a temporary install of the FR24 ADS-B kit supplied by Flightradar24 today and I need to check whether it is working OK. I have see mention of a 'radar number' but there is no such number on the invoice paperwork or rx (only the serial number and MAC address).

On the three LED's on the front -

Power - green
    Mod-S - twinkling red
    GPS - flashing green around once per second.

It would help if some info came with the kit, but nothing bar the invoice?

Paul
    Last edited by Marlin.45; 2018-04-13, 21:37.
    Radar code - F-EGFH1 Locator square IO81BW GPS Position: 51.9459,-3.9112 70.0m

Hi

Some more information please. Is it one of the brand new FR24 supplied systems ? or is it a Radarcape ? Is it plugged into your internet router and do you have another computer connected to the same router ?

And did get an email or some other advice advising of your feeder stations ID / code - something beginning with F- then 4 letters and a number ??

Comment

If you have a free FR24 receiver I would contact FR24 Support direct as they have all the required information for your equipment and install.

It may have changed but all free equipment hosts used to get emails explaining how to install the receiver etc.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by AnonyMouse View Post
        Hi

Some more information please. Is it one of the brand new FR24 supplied systems ? or is it a Radarcape ? Is it plugged into your internet router and do you have another computer connected to the same router ?

And did get an email or some other advice advising of your feeder stations ID / code - something beginning with F- then 4 letters and a number ??
        Yes it is new. Arrived Friday AM via DHL from FR24. It is plugged in to the router via a switch/hub and it is indicating comms via the lights on the RJ45 port at either end. The hub also is connected into two other PC's then direct on to the router. Online to the router shows it can see the FR24 unit (MAC address).

If you have a free FR24 receiver I would contact FR24 Support direct as they have all the required information for your equipment and install. It may have changed but all free equipment hosts used to get emails explaining how to install the receiver etc.

I have just checked my spam folder and there is the mail (but there is no F-*** radar code listed). Why, I do not know as all their other mails dropped into the inbox I guess I will have to wait a few days to see whether it is working. I have dropped support a mail.

Cheers,
        Paul
        Last edited by Marlin.45; 2018-04-14, 20:38.

Comment

In another post Khan says

Receivers manufactured by Skysense can be accessed via IP-of-receiver:8754
          Does this work ? What info do you see ?

Comment

In another post Khan says

Does this work ? What info do you see ?
            There you go. Look OK?

It appears to be working but I guess it is whether the FR server is grabbing the data?

Ref - F-EGFH1

DEVICE INFO:

MAC ADDRESS: 00:18:30:f0:c3:1a
            S/W VERSION: FR24-3.8,101,66
            F/W VERSION: 21
            ROOT DEVICE: /dev/mmcblk0p2
            RADAR CODE: F-EGFH1
            UPTIME: 1 days 05:02:19

GPS INFO:

POSITION: 51.9459,-3.9112 70.0m [AMSL]
            TEMPERATURE: 41.52'C

GPS EXTENDED STATUS:

Latitude: 51.9459
            Longitude: -3.9112
            Altitude: 70m
            Decoding status: doing fixes
            Antenna present: YES
            Antenna port shorted: NO
            Satellites used: 10
            Signal levels: 01=45.0 03=0.0 08=43.0 0A=47.0 0B=46.0 0E=37.0 12=48.0 16=49.0 1B=49.0 1C=32.0 1E=0.0 20=51.0

STORAGE:

ROOT PARTITION USAGE: 107M/622M (19%)
            USER PARTITION USAGE: 3.6M/2.3G (1%)

RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [stop, display log]
            RAW FEED [30334]: UP, NUM CONNECTED: 0
            BS FEED [30003]: UP, NUM CONNECTED: 0

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
            ADS-B: connected, 9 AC tracked
            ModeS: connected, 12 AC tracked

NETWORK CONFIG:

IP: 192.168.1.170 NETMASK: 255.255.255.0
            GW: 192.168.1.1
            DNS1: 8.8.8.8
            DNS2: 8.8.4.4
            Last edited by Marlin.45; 2018-04-14, 21:49.

Comment

[QUOTE
              ]DEVICE INFO:

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
              [/QUOTE]

Looks OK to me (unless those with far more knowledge than I can spot anything amiss). Check out the Shared Statistics later today or log into the Registered Users portal to see how your feeder is performing.

Comment

On the stats page as of now (0400Z) there are 1200 or so UK feeders listed, but not any F-EGFH at all, only a number of T-EGFH .

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin.45 View Post
                  I have just checked my spam folder and there is the mail (but there is no F-*** radar code listed).
                  From memory, the "F" code is allocated when the receiver connects to FR24 servers for the first time.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

[QUOTE
                    ]DEVICE INFO:

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:

Looks OK to me (unless those with far more knowledge than I can spot anything amiss). Check out the Shared Statistics later today or log into the Registered Users portal to see how your feeder is performing.

Any links to the 'Registered user portal'?
                    Last edited by Marlin.45; 2018-04-15, 08:25.

Comment

This is the list of feeders:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Cheers Stealth

Nothing there yet.
                        Last edited by Marlin.45; 2018-04-15, 08:36.

Comment

Have you signed into your FR24 account and checked if your feed is listed and shown online? And viewed your own statistics there?
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                            Have you signed into your FR24 account and checked if your feed is listed and shown online? And viewed your own statistics there?
                            Hi Anmer,

I believe so, I have checked the link provided by Stealth but my 'radar' is not yet listed if that is the correct 'account'? It comes up with my email and sub status as 'Basic'.

Comment

If you go to the FR24 web page there's a Log in option on the top right menu. If you log in using the same email address as used for thr free FR24 receiver application, you should be able to see your status "My data sharing" which will show if your online or not.

If your status is basic, I suspect you're not uploading data. Contact FE24 Support.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X