Clone RasbPi Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone RasbPi Box

So I followed the directions I received in this forum, thank you so much BTW!, and I want to create a box for a friend. Can I clone mine and somehow change it to associate the feeders with their account? Like maybe, clone it, start it, then go to the claim page for FR24 and FlightAware and claim the feeders based on the new cloned box? Does that make sense? I am hoping I don't have to go through all of the steps all over again.

Special thanks to abcd567 for all his posts, directions, advice, and patience!

Thanks!

Jason

Oblivian is more knowledgeable on this issue, and can give an authentic reply.

I will tell what I know, but I am not 100% sure.
    1. FR24 Feeder (EDIT: Please see tested procedure in my next post below)

2. Flightaware
      • First delete current feeder-id from the Cloned Pi
        Code:
        sudo piaware-config feeder-id ""
        Above command will output following confirmation

Code:
        Cleared setting for feeder-id in /etc/piaware.conf:9
        After receiving above confirmation, restart piaware
        Code:
        sudo systemctl restart piaware
      • Now log-in to your friend’s Flightaware account from same network to which the Cloned Pi is connected, and click this link and complete claim process.

The Cloned Pi will now be registered with your friend’s account with a new station number.

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-02-06, 09:40.

Comment

Fa use the device Mac address as the identifier so that may ok.

Not sure on what fr use, but theres a network broadcast of some sort that happens and is turned off once config is make. Unsure if clearing that or deleting will make it do it again.

Prob easier to burn the image and disable updates and let them setup. Then fix later

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Fa use the device Mac address as the identifier so that may ok.
        FlightAware no more uses device MAC Address to identify a feeder.
        They now allot a feeder-id (Unique Identifier) similar to FR24 Key.
        I have tested and successfully used the method I described for FlightAware in my above post.

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Not sure on what fr use, but theres a network broadcast of some sort that happens and is turned off once config is make. Unsure if clearing that or deleting will make it do it again.
        I have just now tested following method for FR24, and it works perfectly well.
        After deleting my existing key (fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"), I signed-up using a new email address.
        At completion of sign-up, the Pi got a new Radar code and new fr24key, linked to the new email.
        1. Deleted existing fr24key from file fr24feed.ini
          Code:
          sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

#Deleted following line
          fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

#Saved (Ctrl+o) and closed (Ctrl+x)

#Restarted fr24feed
          sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
        2. Signed-up with new email address:

Code:
          sudo fr24feed --signup
          When asked for
          email address >> gave email address to which want to link the Pi
          sharing key >> left blank
          participate in MLAT >> yes
          antenna's latitude >> xx.xxxx
          antenna's longitude >> yy.yyyy
          antenna's altitude >> zzz
          use autoconfig >> yes
          logfile mode >> disabled

Code:
          Submitting form data...OK

Congratulations! You are now registered and ready to share ADS-B data with Flightradar24.
          + Your sharing key [COLOR="#FF0000"](....CENSORED....)[/COLOR] has been configured and emailed to you for backup purposes.
          + Your radar id is [COLOR="#FF0000"]T-CYYZ...[/COLOR], please include it in all email communication with us.
          + Please make sure to start sharing data within the next 3 days as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted.

Thank you for supporting Flightradar24! We hope that you will enjoy our Premium services that will be available to you when you become an active feeder.

To start sending data now please execute:
          sudo systemctl start fr24feed

Saving settings to /etc/fr24feed.ini...OK
          Restarted fr24feed to implement new fr24key and Radar code, and to start feeding.
          Code:
          sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Comment

Working...
        X