fr24feed failed to synchronise time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fr24feed failed to synchronise time

it looks like fr24feed is very unhappy about being unable to synchronise time. How do I tell it which NTP server to use?

It's hard coded. But If you also see this under fr24feed-status

FR24feed Core running. Possible Ping or in-use USB Issue:
    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2018-01-24 09:15:30.
    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 Radar:
    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
    [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
    [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

While it appears to work fine, And are on Stretch/Jessie.. try the ping fix and restart. It will log as time sync failure from ping lookup

sudo chmod 4755 /bin/ping

All sort of related

Supplemental to Issues being raised to developers with Feeder/Dump1090 thread here (https://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/11589-Feed-issues-Dump1090-problem-with-latest-package) Version 19-8 has option to compress and send diagnostic data to FR24 support via support@flightradar24.com for personal assistance. You can download
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I don't have fr24feed-status. The only package I could get to run is the precompiled binary fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz.

What source should I be installing from on Ubuntu 16.04LTS? Important that no libusb etc. get overwritten, I need the versions to remain exactly as they are - fr24feed should simply connect to the dump1090 port and do its thing, that's nothing more than store and forward.

Comment

There's a manual install (not the bash script) that I Beleive should be ok.

We are happy to announce the release of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2 with Raspbian OS,

And just the debian engine.

I think someone a week ago or so was doing similar to you with similar full Linux workaround

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
        X