X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abcd567
    replied
    Why receiver=dvbt?
    Network mode (avr-tcp or beast-tcp) is much simpler.

Leave a comment:

• fr24-pad
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    Actually all this interference by fr24feed to dump1090 is needed because of the setting "receiver=dvbt". If this setting is not there, most of the ownership and permissions isuues, and crisis caused by them will disappear.
    Even with receiver=dvbt the packages could and should be separate. All the problems they're having are of their own creation, proper package management solved them long ago.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by fr24-pad View Post
    Yes. This would be a good start. There is a reason that different software packages come in separate Debian packages. Mixing them up, and then using non-standard update mechanisms is a recipe for the very disaster that is taking place.
    Actually all this interference by fr24feed to dump1090 is needed because of the setting "receiver=dvbt". If this setting is not there, most of the ownership and permissions isuues, and crisis caused by them will disappear.

Leave a comment:

• fr24-pad
    replied
    SUGGESTION TO DEVELOPMENT TEAM

I feel it will simplify things if fr24feed:
    • Does NOT install dump1090
    • Does NOT control or take ownership of dump1090
    • Does NOT control and change settings of dump1090
    • Does NOT have option "DVBT"

PI24 IMAGE
    The feeder software (fr24feed) and receiver-decoder software (dump1090-mutability) should be two independent stand-alone Apps PRE-INSTALLED in Pi24 image.

CUSTOM INSTALLS
    For those who have burned their own OS like Raspbian, two independent bash scripts should be offered to user as follows:
    Bash script 1: Installs fr24feed only
    Bash script 2: Installs dump1090-mutability v1.14 only.
    User will have the option to use or not, the script 2, depending on if user already has, or wants to install another version of receiver decoder like modeSDeco2, dump1090-fa, or dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev etc.
    Yes. This would be a good start. There is a reason that different software packages come in separate Debian packages. Mixing them up, and then using non-standard update mechanisms is a recipe for the very disaster that is taking place.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    SUGGESTION TO DEVELOPMENT TEAM

I feel it will simplify things if fr24feed:
    • Does NOT install dump1090
    • Does NOT control or take ownership of dump1090
    • Does NOT control and change settings of dump1090
    • Does NOT have option "DVBT"

PI24 IMAGE
    The feeder software (fr24feed) and receiver-decoder software (dump1090-mutability) should be two independent stand-alone Apps PRE-INSTALLED in Pi24 image.

CUSTOM INSTALLS
    For those who have burned their own OS like Raspbian, two independent bash scripts should be offered to user as follows:
    Bash script 1: Installs fr24feed only
    Bash script 2: Installs dump1090-mutability v1.14 only.
    User will have the option to use or not, the script 2, depending on if user already has, or wants to install another version of receiver decoder like modeSDeco2, dump1090-fa, or dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev etc.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    In versions 1.0.19-11, 12 & 13, when I set receiver type avr-tcp, host 127.0.0.1:30002, everything fails.
    FR24 says Receiver down.
    All other feeders (Flightaware, Planefinder etc) complain "no program listening to port 30005" and "cannot find dump1090"
    Maps say "Unable to connect" or sometimes "Ajax call failure"
    sudo systemctl restart dump1090-mutability did not help.

Edited file /etc/default/dump1090-mutability , and changed START_DUMP1090="no" to START_DUMP1090="yes".
    This enabled start of dump1090-mutability at boot.
    Rebooted.
    Still same situation.

Further info: It is a PI24 1.0.18-9 image, auto upgraded to 1.0.19-12 yesterday and 1.0.19-13 today.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-02-02, 19:41.

Leave a comment:

• arruba
    replied
    I have two radars: they are (or I suppose) the same, and one was derived from the first installation of the other.
    One, T-LIMJ5, updated by itself and always worked. Now it run fr24feed 1.0.19-12.
    The other one, T-LIMW3, run 1.0.18-9 and when it try to update, it kill the feed: now I commented the cron line and it work, seen it never try to update!

If someone need some more info to debug, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• thehague
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
    Please post the diagnostics from http://receiver_ip:8754/diagnostics_dump.tgz
    This would help us to debug the issue
    Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oh110b6ia..._dump.tgz?dl=0

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by thehague View Post
    I had to reboot after 1.0.19-13 got installed automatically and killed my feed.

This is the 3rd time this happened. I commented out the update cron task in /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater.
    Please post the diagnostics from http://receiver_ip:8754/diagnostics_dump.tgz
    This would help us to debug the issue

Leave a comment:

• thehague
    replied
    I had to reboot after 1.0.19-13 got installed automatically and killed my feed.

This is the 3rd time this happened. I commented out the update cron task in /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater.

Leave a comment:

• jcosta
    replied
    Pi24 auto upgrade from ver 1.0.18-9 to 1.0.19-12 failed, as dump1090-mutability did not get installed although setting was receiver="dvbt".

Fixed by manually running install script
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/fr24
    sudo ./install_dump1090.sh
    sudo reboot
    After above fix, all is working OK

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9178[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]9179[/ATTACH]
    Same problem and same fixing worked for me. Now 1.0.19-13 running, feeding data and showing map

Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• MrMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnusgallstad
    map is showing up in italy ... is there any chanche to get sweden or my gps location ?
    Hej Magnus,

I can show you (på svenska) how to set it up with an even better map, send me an email at mrmac@fastest.cc

BR /Marcus

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnusgallstad
    When I connect to mypiip:8080
    map is showing up in italy ... is there any chanche to get sweden or my gps location ?
    1. Italy is default position of map. Move the map manually to your location (Sweden). Once there, it will be remembered by your browser and next time you go to map, it will show Sweden. If you clear cache of your browser, it will again go to Italy, and you have to manually drag it to Sweden. Then it will stay at Sweden till you again clear browser cache.

2. The other alternative is that you add latitude and longitude in "Process arguments" (where you have added --net). The process arguments will become like below:
    --net --lat xx.xxx --lon yy.yyyy
    (Replace xx.xxx and yy.yyyy by your actual latitude and longitude)
    "Save" and "Restart"

This will center map at receiver location.
    It will also start showing 3 circles at 100, 150, and 200nm from receiver.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Pi24 auto upgrade from ver 1.0.18-9 to 1.0.19-12 failed, as dump1090-mutability did not get installed although setting was receiver="dvbt".

Fixed by manually running install script
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib/fr24
    sudo ./install_dump1090.sh
    sudo reboot
    After above fix, all is working OK

2018-02-01 11.09.36.png 2018-02-01 11.10.44.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Magnusgallstad
    replied
    Is there anyone that can help me to fix why I cant see pi-ip/dump1090 ?

Checked ip-of-pi:8754 everything is OK
    Checked ip-of-pi/dump1090/ >> Unable to load page
    Checked ip-of-pi:8080 >> Unable to load
    pagepi_ip_8754.JPG

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X