Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantaining the same sharing code and radar id on a new Raspberry hardware

Hello,
    I apologize if the topic has already been dealt with, I searched the forum but I wasn't able to find an answer.
    Yesterday I started sharing data with an experimental setup, a borrowed Raspberry and internal antenna, everything worked well an during the next week I'll install the external antenna and a new dedicated Raspberry.
    Now the question is: as the new hardware will have a different MAC address is it enough to move the SD card from the old to the new device or I'll need a new install from scratch? In this case how is possible to maintain the same sharing code and radar id that has been assigned to me during the first installation?
    Thank you for you advice!

The "FR24 Radar Code" as well as "FR24 sharing key" are both alloted by "FR24 Robot" when you signup by giving your email address, and it is sent to you by email. These are NOT determined by or depend upon mac address of Pi.

The "fr24key" is saved in microSD card in file /etc/fr24feed.ini, so it moves with microSD card to new Pi. So you will get same Radar Code if you move your microSD card to new Pi.

With new Pi if you use a new microSD card, and install new software on it, during signup process give same email address and sharing key, and new Pi will login with the same Radar Code as old Pi.

1. To view your "FR24 Radar code", type following address in your computer's browser:
    ip-of-pi:8754

2. To view your "Sharing Key", type following address in your computer's browser:
    ip-of-pi:8754/settings.html

Use your actual ip-of-pi which will be something like (but not exactly) as 192.168.0.21.

Alternatively, to view your fr24 sharing key, SSH to Pi and type following command:
    Code:
    cat /etc/fr24feed.ini
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-01-13, 15:48.

Comment

Thanks abcd567 for your kind reply and explanations, now it's all clear!
      Regards
      Roberto

Comment

Working...
      X