Question about MLAT and further improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey abcd567,
    thanks for adding these posts to my initial topic. I already read through the earlier posted comments of you (page 70/71).
    So my main conclusion out of this is: 1) Protection of my electronic devices could be done but in case of a strike very close to my location it is waste of money; 2) For structural protection of the house i should/could think about a lightning protection system (especially in case that i mount my antenna on top of the roof). But chance of being hit remains(more or less) the same as in initial case.

Comment

Originally posted by ger241 View Post
      2nd question: [B]I installed MLAT and regarding my 8754 it is running, but i don't see any MLAT tracks in my performance charts above. What is going wrong?
      FR24 does not feed any mlat results back to you, so it is not going to show up on your graphs. Only FR24 knows how much your Rx is used for mlat.

/M
      F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
      T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
      P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
      mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac View Post
        FR24 does not feed any mlat results back to you, so it is not going to show up on your graphs. Only FR24 knows how much your Rx is used for mlat.

/M
        Thx MrMac

@ALL: I guess all questions are answered!

Comment

Small Update from my side:

Build of a temporary plastic box where all the equipment (Pi, Flightaware Stick etc) is inserted. => Placed it at the back of the garden to check for a better clear sky (15:40/15:50) in those graphs=> Setup atm without the can under the antenna. => Visible sight increased => Range/ amount of messages approx the same as in prior setup => will add the can to that setup after christmas => Expectation: Again incr. of range as at first instance of using the can.

Capture.PNG
          If you compare this to my first dump map => more airplanes seen to North/further distance, slight increase to West, a bit more of South and East.

Capture2.jpg
          Last edited by ger241; 2017-12-24, 10:33.

Comment

Hey guys,

i faced some bigger problems right now. My pi is placed outside (within a shielded box, temperature is fine etc etc), everything went well, but from yesterday till now, my spotted AC's, messages, range etc dropped significantly. I did not change anything in the setup. Check my performance graph below:
            Capture.PNG

Has anyone of you guys an explanation/ answer how to solve the problem?

I already restarted my pi but nothing changes. And as i can see on the map of FR24 there aren't less planes flying.

Best regards,

Comment

Have you checked the antenna and connections? Are they loose, wet or damaged?
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                Have you checked the antenna and connections? Are they loose, wet or damaged?

I checked all of them. They are not loose, not damaged and not wet.

Comment

Problem found:

- loose contact of cable. => Ordered a new low loss cable => some improvements in message rate/range etc.

Capture.PNG

Comment

Working...
                  X