Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry PI installation made too easy with extra feature.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winap
    replied
    Hello again,
    I have a question, how many receivers is needed for coverage area around 350nm..
    Is it only 4? For MLAT coverage..?
    Or more plane=more receivers?
    Because my country isn't so big, so we have around 189 receivers..Isn't so much?
    Thank you very much for the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Winap
    replied
    Yea
    Today I try to 14.4dBi....I must do some few tests on different gain..I don't know, weather or what..Today is 14.4 good..but more not..the max. is really bad for RTL with active preamp.
    really thanks for your help..
    have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Winap View Post
    Hello,
    thank you very much. Now it's ok..
    The gain I must setup in menu fr24 and in dump1090 from "max". to my choice.
    But the gain must be from the list, not -10dBi, or 10..
    This is supported list of gains
    Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
    sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-mutability
    setup all you need
    press ctrl+x to exit and save Y
    sudo service dump1090-mutability restart

grep -i gain /etc/default/dump1090-mutability
    pgrep -fa dump1090
    This sudo will help me, thanks.
    That is why I gave you the command for --gain 2.7, because you said 2.7 and that is valid

Leave a comment:

• Winap
    replied
    Hello,
    thank you very much. Now it's ok..
    The gain I must setup in menu fr24 and in dump1090 from "max". to my choice.
    But the gain must be from the list, not -10dBi, or 10..
    This is supported list of gains
    Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
    sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-mutability
    setup all you need
    press ctrl+x to exit and save Y
    sudo service dump1090-mutability restart

pgrep -fa dump1090
    This sudo will help me, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    are you running the image from the first post of this thread?

can you show the output of (redact the line with the fr24key):

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

also the output of the following commands:

pgrep -fa dump1090
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-02-26, 23:14.

Leave a comment:

• Winap
    replied
    No not function..If I setup to this number, is it the same..same as 2.7 or 2,7 or 0 gain, or -20 gain..
    Not function in setup...this is on max mode only I thing

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Winap View Post
    Hello,
    I have problem with my 1090 active filter.
    When I run in SDR program, I must reduce gain to max 2,7dBi. Because I thing, the RTL- SDR run automaticaly on max. mode, so its too
    much signal.. The filter have 38 dBi gain... So in my raspberry its not possible reduce signal gain manualy.
    When I plug this filter to receiver, I don't see any plane, because the signal is too strong.
    In RTL software is all ok with this filter and signal is better.
    Is it some scripts, for antenna gain please?
    Thank you very much
    If using FR24feed as 'DVBT' mode add to 'additional commands' (process arguments?)
    --gain 2.7

If using Dump1090 as 'AVRTCP' or similar. Adjust configuration to include --gain 2.7
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

Leave a comment:

• Winap
    replied
    Hello,
    I have problem with my 1090 active filter.
    When I run in SDR program, I must reduce gain to max 2,7dBi. Because I thing, the RTL- SDR run automaticaly on max. mode, so its too
    much signal.. The filter have 38 dBi gain... So in my raspberry its not possible reduce signal gain manualy.
    When I plug this filter to receiver, I don't see any plane, because the signal is too strong.
    In RTL software is all ok with this filter and signal is better.
    Is it some scripts, for antenna gain please?
    Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    @anydanow1

Are you loging to Pi using a Monitor connected to RPi by a HDMI cable, and a keyboard plugged into USB port of RPi?

Leave a comment:

• anydanow1
    replied
    This link does a good job of explaining the cascading set of questions I had coming to mind next. And I guess that link also clarifies why you were recommending to just use sudo nano when needed....

A step-by-step guide to get admin power on your Linux system The "root" user account on Linux has full administrative privileges over the entire system. If you want to edit system configuration files, install software, add users, or...

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Well the user pi is allowed to use sudo, so in that way you have root privileges when you want them.

But the user root is still another user.

Leave a comment:

• anydanow1
    replied
    Setting the accuracy and the 50-mile rings worked as you both described. Very cool. A lot of neat stuff to mess with in there!

This weekend I'm going to take some online intro courses for Linux to understand the structure of the OS better and some of the stuff that I'm doing here, learn some of the basic commands, and the ins/outs of the OS. As discussed above, I don't like making changes without really understanding things, just for my own knowledge.

I thought that logging into the Pi as the default Pi user would give me root privileges, which is why I was trying to use File Manager to do the edits. No?

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by anydanow1 View Post
    So now I have the 100/150/200 rings around my black-dotted location on the PiAware Skyview screen. Done! Would be nice if there was a way to get a 50-mile ring on there too
    Open file config.js for editing

Code:
    sudo nano /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/config.js
    When the file config.js opens by above command,
    Press Ctll+w keys together to enter search mode, then type SiteCircles and press Enter Key.
    The cursor will jump to following code in the file
    In the line "SiteCirclesDistances = new Array(100,150,200);" add 50, as shown in red below
    Code:
    SiteCircles = true; // true to show circles (only shown if the center marker is shown)
    // In miles, nautical miles, or km (depending settings value 'DisplayUnits')
    SiteCirclesDistances = new Array([COLOR="#FF0000"][B]50,[/B][/COLOR]100,150,200);
    Save file (Ctrl+o) and Close it (Ctrl+x)

Now open map in your browser, clear browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) and reload browser (Ctrl+F5)
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-02-19, 18:56.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    dump1090-fa --help says:

--json-location-accuracy <n> Accuracy of receiver location in json metadata: 0=no location, 1=approximate, 2=exact

So in your configuration file you can set that to 2 and the map will display your exact location.

You don't need a terminal to edit the file, you just need to be root (like Administrator in window).
    sudo executes the command behind it as root.
    nano is the editor used.

Leave a comment:

• anydanow1
    replied
    Interesting. Thanks.

I'm new to Linux/Raspian/Pi, so I had just opened the file with File Manager and tried editing it with that typical Windows-like UI approach. Lesson learned that that doesn't seem to work properly on Raspian (?) and I need to use a Terminal window instead.

So now I have the 100/150/200 rings around my black-dotted location on the PiAware Skyview screen. Done! Would be nice if there was a way to get a 50-mile ring on there too, because due to my less than optimal location most of my hit and location reporting is coming from 75 miles or less. The furthest I've gotten is about the 100-mile mark, so I need to do some antenna optimization.

Interestingly, I got my Lat/Lon information by dragging the marker on the map on the FR24 website coordinates screen to my exact zoomed in house location. When I put that same Lat/Lon info into the file above, the black dot on the Skyview screen appears several hundred yards west of where I actually am. Not sure why that's happening (or if it even matters), but I would have thought Skyview would have positioned that Lat/Lon info exactly the same as other tools that I used to double check my location.

Thanks again for the help...I learn something new every day with this stuff!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X