No announcement yet.

Want to feed FR24 with FA Flightfeeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is where my guidance went wrong, as the original 2014 thread I looked at (and author posted in...) was still using the external FR24 windows only feeder, and not its own linux port.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by NetRanger View Post
      Thanks for the info,the only reason id like to use the fa feeder is that the antenna was professionally installed 9 metres above the roof at a huge cost,and if I go the pi route,the antenna for that will be a lot lower.I am not computer savvy at all so i think i'll just put up a separate setup for fr 24.Thanks again for the info.
      You dont have to put up a separate antenna or a separate DVB-T. Just add a RPi.
      Please see sketch below.

What you have to do is:
      1) Purchase a RPi

2) Download and write Raspbian Jessie image to RPi's microSD Card. After writing the image, and while micoSD card is still in card reader of your Desktop/Laptop, add a file named SSH in /boot folder of RPi. This is required to enable SSH.

3) Insert microSD card in RPi and power up.

4) Connect RPi to same network as FlightFeeder.

5) SSH into RPi and install FR24 data feeder by bash script
      sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

6) Configure FR24datafeeder to receive data from Flightfeeder.

Please also see this post for FR24 Feeder configuration details.
      Greetings. I'm already feeding FR24 using the windows feeding software set to listen to the data over the network of a Flightfeeder from flightaware, and I have not set a raspberry pi feeder yet, so my question is the following: -Is it possible to set the Fr24 feeder on raspberry PI to feed the data I receive over the

Last edited by abcd567; 2017-07-06, 15:18.

Comment

Ammended one of my placeholders to include key terms

Hopefully be found if people search in future.

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Ammended one of my placeholders to include key terms

Hopefully be found if people search in future.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post75125
          Thanks Oblivian.
          I have been recommending settings Beast, which works ok. However I have noted the default settings for network feed done by fr24feed automatically is AVR(TCP). I dont know which one better suites fr24feed.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            Thanks Oblivian.
            I have been recommending settings Beast, which works ok. However I have noted the default settings for network feed done by fr24feed automatically is AVR(TCP). I dont know which one better suites fr24feed.
            Well, between the 2 of us we go out of our way to test things and lay stuff out in guides and posts on a silver platter. So I'd like to think its worth it..

It looks like it changes anyway now. Last edition update I set to avrtcp and during start you could see it switch modes/config

I set AVR TCP and got...

2017-06-14 20:50:52 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT-TCP-BEAST-RAW receiver via (tcp://localhost:30005)
            Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-07-06, 21:53.

Comment

@Oblivian:
              Flightaware, Planefinder, and Radarbox24 feeders have default/recommended setting Beast port 30005, although all of these support AVR port 30002 also.

Comment

Thanks to you guys,wow that's what i call help .

Comment

Screenshot of Flightaware's web page for ordering a FlightFeeder:

Comment

Working...
                  X